MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

jrhwdw

I hope you have a lot of time on your hands to wait on that metaphorical curb.
Let me Guess.......... The rumor was never solid(just like all the others)and MSEP will stay locked up with PTN at DL's Backstage this Summer!!

Honestly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course MK doesn't have to compete yet with no Nighttime News up I-4..........

Last edited:

SpectroMickey85

Let me Guess.......... The rumor was never solid(just like all the others)and MSEP will stay locked up with PTN at DL's Backstage this Summer!!

Honestly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course MK doesn't have to compete yet with no Nighttime News up I-4..........

I for one hope this is another false rumor. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Disney World get a light parade back but not the old and outdated Main Street Electrical Parade.

TTA94

I for one hope this is another false rumor. Don't get me wrong I would love to see Disney World get a light parade back but not the old and outdated Main Street Electrical Parade.

IF the rumors do turn out to be true, I know MSEP coming back is far from what we really want, but the fact of MK once again having a night parade after many years would be really nice.

I can’t say if RescueTheDay is a insider but over in the DL F! thread he said the PTN floats were in tact backstage at DL but the MSEP floats had been taken apart presumably to be taken, or they have been taken, to DLs offsite storage. If that is true it sure doesn’t sound like DL has any plans to bring back MSEP, while the fact that the PTN floats may still be in tact and on site could indicate DL has plans to return PTN soon or next year.

jrhwdw

IF the rumors do turn out to be true, I know MSEP coming back is far from what we really want, but the fact of MK once again having a night parade after many years would be really nice.

I can’t say if RescueTheDay is a insider but over in the DL F! thread he said the PTN floats were in tact backstage at DL but the MSEP floats had been taken apart presumably to be taken, or they have been taken, to DLs offsite storage. If that is true it sure doesn’t sound like DL has any plans to bring back MSEP, while the fact that the PTN floats may still be in tact and on site could indicate DL has plans to return PTN soon or next year.
MK should have asked for MSEP before it went offsite! Unless, it has to go offsite before anywhere else???

TTA94

MK should have asked for MSEP before it went offsite! Unless, it has to go offsite before anywhere else???

Maybe someone else can answer that I don’t think the floats were offsite the last time it was sent off to WDW?

We’ll see what happens with all this but I think this subject hit a dead end, again. The situation between Florida and WDW are not exactly great right now so it wouldn’t surprise me even if a nighttime parade was in the plans, it may no longer be.

aladdin2007

Maybe someone else can answer that I don’t think the floats were offsite the last time it was sent off to WDW?

We’ll see what happens with all this but I think this subject hit a dead end, again. The situation between Florida and WDW are not exactly great right now so it wouldn’t surprise me even if a nighttime parade was in the plans, it may no longer be.
while that may be, Disney also has to be very careful. If the company is going throw in the towel on their parks here etc because of a political mess, people will at some point just stop coming, they cant punish the guests. The company needs an overhaul on so many levels with new and or better blood.

jrhwdw

while that may be, Disney also has to be very careful. If the company is going throw in the towel on their parks here etc because of a political mess, people will at some point just stop coming, they cant punish the guests. The company needs an overhaul on so many levels with new and or better blood.
Plus, EU is coming......

We think UOR will have a New Nighttime Spectacular but nothing officially yet........

TTA94

Nothing would steal more guests away from Epic Universe than the Main Street Electrical Parade!

Kids now a days just can’t get enough of seeing a few classic IP themed floats with old incandescent mini lights on them creaking down Main Street USA! 🤣.

Oh that’s right they Did update one long finale float with IP that kids now a days would recognize 🤔 Hmm well that one float should definitely be a show stopper and steal guests from Epic Universe! 🤣

Brian

Kids now a days just can’t get enough of seeing a few classic IP themed floats with old incandescent mini lights on them creaking down Main Street USA! 🤣.

Oh that’s right they Did update one long finale float with IP that kids now a days would recognize 🤔 Hmm well that one float should definitely be a show stopper and steal guests from Epic Universe! 🤣
Who needs to visit Super Nintendo World when you can just sit and wave to the Pete's Dragon unit as it breaks down along the parade route?

Last edited:

Touchdown

Not sure why this thread bounced up again but I will again quote Dr Henry Jones Jr to describe my thoughts on MSEP:

1683975217776.jpeg

jrhwdw

Nothing would steal more guests away from Epic Universe than the Main Street Electrical Parade!

Didn't we get MSEP when Potter opened????

JustInTime

I just think it’s a nearly 50 year old relic. There’s no reason for a multi-billion dollar theme park empire to keep trotting out a dated piece of crap parade. Look at DreamLights in Tokyo. What a fantastic nighttime parade! I just don’t see why they don’t put MSEP out if it’s misery.
A lot of people say this about some of the attractions around the park. Country bears, small world. COP. I see no reason why a well cared for parade can’t have the same legacy. Especially since it has a new finale and has gotten multiple upgrades over the years.

jrhwdw

A lot of people say this about some of the attractions around the park. Country bears, small world. COP. I see no reason why a well cared for parade can’t have the same legacy. Especially since it has a new finale and has gotten multiple upgrades over the years.
I also don't get why DL only uses Night Parades when it's absolutely necessary???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom