MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I find it funny how they were so fast to destroy the RoL equipment. It couldn't have been that expensive to keep running compared to the other WDW parks flagship nighttime shows.. Guess the show didn't out weight the labor cost of staffing the park for a few more hours as it certainly was better than nothing.
They didn't want to put it under a tarp and let Mother Nature take its course, that's too slow.

TTA94

It says something that when they think the flagship park of the company, and the most visited park in the world, needs a night time parade, they go to a 50+ yr old parade. I mean, I'm very nostalgic for MSEP (and I'm sure many others are too), but hopefully this is just a stopgap plan while a new, modern night-time parade is developed (then again, WDW hasn't had the best track record recently with new night time spectaculars [see RoL, Harmonious, and Enchantment]... so maybe this is the best option).

It would make far more sense for PTN to be at MK, with some changes perhaps, and keep MSEP at the resort where guests appreciate nostalgia a lot more than WDW. I know there are many that do not like PTN and do not want it at MK but theres no doubt it would be a huge hit at MK, way more than MSEP.

But is PTN even a possibility for MK despite the rumor posted? 🤷‍♂️. Steve did say the rumor may not be accurate. But I’m more leaning toward he could have meant the part concerning Disneyland is not accurate?

Tom P.

It says something that when they think the flagship park of the company, and the most visited park in the world, needs a night time parade, they go to a 50+ yr old parade. I mean, I'm very nostalgic for MSEP (and I'm sure many others are too), but hopefully this is just a stopgap plan while a new, modern night-time parade is developed (then again, WDW hasn't had the best track record recently with new night time spectaculars [see RoL, Harmonious, and Enchantment]... so maybe this is the best option).
Magic Kingdom is the most visited park, yes, but the flagship? I don't think so. That's Disneyland. That is the original park, that is Walt's park, and that is clearly the park that the company takes the most pride in.

Squishy

It would make far more sense for PTN to be at MK, with some changes perhaps, and keep MSEP at the resort where guests appreciate nostalgia a lot more than WDW. I know there are many that do not like PTN and do not want it at MK but theres no doubt it would be a huge hit at MK, way more than MSEP.

But is PTN even a possibility for MK despite the rumor posted? 🤷‍♂️. Steve did say the rumor may not be accurate. But I’m more leaning toward he could have meant the part concerning Disneyland is not accurate?
I feel like PTN would be more durable to make the trip across country rather than a parade that already is in bad shape, especially if they ever want the parade to move back to DLR. Keeping MSEP at DLR would let them run it longer & keep it in better shape considering DLR only does seasonal runs of nighttime parades compared to WDW which would run it almost every day of the year & has harsher weather conditions.

thundermtnGOAT

Magic Kingdom is the most visited park, yes, but the flagship? I don't think so. That's Disneyland. That is the original park, that is Walt's park, and that is clearly the park that the company takes the most pride in.
WDW is 100% the company’s flagship theme park destination. The hierarchy on the Disney parks website and disney.com will tell you that.

Disneyland may be Mecca, but it is not the flagship. That’s like saying the tiny OG Starbucks in Seattle is the company’s flagship cafe. Original does not = flagship.

It gets more attention because it has to appeal to a more localized clientele.

jrhwdw

WDW is 100% the company’s flagship theme park destination. The hierarchy on the Disney parks website and disney.com will tell you that.

Disneyland may be Mecca, but it is not the flagship. That’s like saying the tiny OG Starbucks in Seattle is the company’s flagship cafe. Original does not = flagship.

It gets more attention because it has to appeal to a more localized clientele.
Is the 3 story Starbucks in Chicago the Flagship?

Back to the Topic, when is DL due to announce Summer Entertainment if there is any? That would start the ball rolling.....

Even if it turns out to be a Wild Goose Chase for WDW again....2 very good Night Parades should not be locked up in DLR's Backstage for weeks on end!!!!!!!!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is the 3 story Starbucks in Chicago the Flagship?
1680113536432.png

Ayla

They've had almost a decade to develop a new nighttime parade. MK *still* doesn't have a nighttime parade.

TTA94

Back to the Topic, when is DL due to announce Summer Entertainment if there is any? That would start the ball rolling.....

Even if it turns out to be a Wild Goose Chase for WDW again....2 very good Night Parades should not be locked up in DLR's Backstage for weeks on end!!!!!!!!

Not to think negative lol but I wouldn’t say DL bringing back one of the parades this summer would necessarily mean anything for WDW. Unless of course they include or follow up the announcement with another one concerning WDW.
Unfortunately they could decide to pull the plug again on sending one of them to WDW.
Now being more positive lol hopefully there is enough push this time to make something happen for WDW! Maybe Iger is aware of the demand?

TTA94

Let's hope we get some Official information soon!...

Sorry but, would love for TC to be right this time...............

WDW wise we might have to wait until D23. But that depends on when it would debut. If it’s true for being 2024 then we’d likely hear something at D23. If it’s late this year? Maaybe well get a parks blog post with a follow up at D23?

Touchdown

WDW wise we might have to wait until D23. But that depends on when it would debut. If it’s true for being 2024 then we’d likely hear something at D23. If it’s late this year? Maaybe well get a parks blog post with a follow up at D23?
It won’t be late this year if it’s going to MK. Not with the parties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom