MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

Tom P.

I know there's a lot of people here that want MSEP to die but, honestly, I'd be happy to see it back. I love that parade. But PTN or a brand new parade would make me happy too. Honestly, at this point, as long as they do a nighttime parade, I honestly don't much care which parade it is.

TTA94

A fall/winter opening would be great! If the Epcot stuff does well, this would be the icing on the cake, honestly. A good to great comeback after the 50th!

Indeed. If a parade was to debut this fall though im not sure if they would wait to till D23 to announce it or announce it prior.

jrhwdw

I’m being sarcastic. It’s crazy that the Pandora entertainment isn’t back.
Yet here we are talking about the possibility of a night parade which really is one of the last things that should return in the grand scheme of things.
Same with the Trolley Dancers!!!!! They should return since Mickey's Cal. is done on Fri.....

MK's Been without MSEP/Spectro since 2016! It's time!!!!! No Offense/Defending return from COVID! Pandora, Trolley should be back, FOF should be full. BATB isn't even kissing yet!(not that I really care but........)

Yes, I'm no Insider but since 2017, DL's MSEP lived with F! 2.0(Granted, only a few weeks in 2017 since F! 2.0 started mid Summer), RDCT with 2017 Castle Projections & DL Forever which has Castle/Main Street Projections. DL can handle it, I can't understand why people think MK Can't handle A Night Parade with HEA Now!!! Wishes had Low Pyro(with High Pyro of course ). Plus, MM&Y/CTM was shoved in between MSEP & Wishes!!

Last edited:

TTA94

Just gonna throw this out there, it just occurred to me what month we are just about in… please someone tell me this all isn’t a early April fools joke? I mean the fact that Steve chimed in tells me it likely is a legit rumor, but it’s also awfully close to April.

jrhwdw

Just gonna throw this out there, it just occurred to me what month we are just about in… please someone tell me this all isn’t a early April fools joke? I mean the fact that Steve chimed in tells me it likely is a legit rumor, but it’s also awfully close to April.
Even TC wouldn't start April 1 this early! Also I've seen the MSEP Summer 2023 for DL Rumor around here recently. Of course, DL hasn't said 1 thing about the Night Parades Backstage.........

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I know there's a lot of people here that want MSEP to die but, honestly, I'd be happy to see it back. I love that parade. But PTN or a brand new parade would make me happy too. Honestly, at this point, as long as they do a nighttime parade, I honestly don't much care which parade it is.
Would I take MSEP? Sure. What I want is Spectromagic, but that ship sailed into the dumpster thanks to some asshat MBA who thought putting parade floats under a tarp to save a few bucks was smart thinking. MSEP wouldn’t thrill me, because MK is so overdue for something actually new instead of a retread, but like you said, it’s better than what’s going on now, which is nothing.

Say… Didn’t they redo the hub to accommodate more cattle … err, people… for nighttime events such as a parade? 🤔

Squishy

RoL can't return.
I find it funny how they were so fast to destroy the RoL equipment. It couldn't have been that expensive to keep running compared to the other WDW parks flagship nighttime shows.. Guess the show didn't out weight the labor cost of staffing the park for a few more hours as it certainly was better than nothing.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
It says something that when they think the flagship park of the company, and the most visited park in the world, needs a night time parade, they go to a 50+ yr old parade. I mean, I'm very nostalgic for MSEP (and I'm sure many others are too), but hopefully this is just a stopgap plan while a new, modern night-time parade is developed (then again, WDW hasn't had the best track record recently with new night time spectaculars [see RoL, Harmonious, and Enchantment]... so maybe this is the best option).

jrhwdw

It says something that when they think the flagship park of the company, and the most visited park in the world, needs a night time parade, they go to a 50+ yr old parade. I mean, I'm very nostalgic for MSEP (and I'm sure many others are too), but hopefully this is just a stopgap plan while a new, modern night-time parade is developed (then again, WDW hasn't had the best track record recently with new night time spectaculars [see RoL, Harmonious, and Enchantment]... so maybe this is the best option).
ROL may not have been a hit out of the Park. but I don't remember at all, seeing any threads stating ROL was on its way out before COVID came to WDW!....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom