MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
WDW is 100% the company’s flagship theme park destination. The hierarchy on the Disney parks website and disney.com will tell you that.

Disneyland may be Mecca, but it is not the flagship. That’s like saying the tiny OG Starbucks in Seattle is the company’s flagship cafe. Original does not = flagship.

It gets more attention because it has to appeal to a more localized clientele.
Disneyland Park itself is better, though, by a mile than any of WDW’s park. I definitely agree though that WDW is the flagship. As a resort it’s unrivaled in both attendance and scale.

Mkek22

I agree that they would resist premiering MSEP or PtN during party season. You need several months straight where 2 showings per night are possible 7 nights per week. We’ve seen this with Fantasmic! Crowds seem to have stabilized there.
Did they not run MSEP during Nov/Dec 2015 on non Christmas party nights?

Hoping for 'end of this year' timeline myself as back with family in December who's last visit was from 9th October 2016 so we all just missed out on seeing MSEP during its last run at MK

ToTBellHop

Did they not run MSEP during Nov/Dec 2015 on non Christmas party nights?

Hoping for 'end of this year' timeline myself as back with family in December who's last visit was from 9th October 2016 so we all just missed out on seeing MSEP during its last run at MK
I doubt they’d have it return after 7 years to run 3 nights per week. That would be a dangerous crowd situation.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I’m just going to say this - a new night parade without incorporating Trip a Little Light Fantastic from Mary Poppins Returns would be a missed opportunity.

I know they aren’t building a new light parade for MK but I think it would be a perfect addition.

Tom P.

Disneyland Park itself is better, though, by a mile than any of WDW’s park. I definitely agree though that WDW is the flagship. As a resort it’s unrivaled in both attendance and scale.
Speaking of entire resorts, what you say is definitely true. However, speaking about individual parks, I still think the company views Disneyland Park, not Magic Kingdom, as its flagship park.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Speaking of entire resorts, what you say is definitely true. However, speaking about individual parks, I still think the company views Disneyland Park, not Magic Kingdom, as its flagship park.
I kind of do too, if only it's because it's so close to Burbank.

I know a few former Imagineers and they share a similar viewpoint. It's the one they take the most pride in.

TTA94

I remember someone saying that if MK was to get PTN or anything other than MSEP it would require a new or rebuilt warehouse backstage?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disneyland is the company’s flagship park. However, WDW is the company’s flagship resort.
1680294811869.png

1680294857124.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom