MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Having a hard time imagining the Cars section to run at WDW's MK.

I know there was some talk originally when it was first rumored that the Mac truck wouldn’t be part of it because it can’t make the turn from liberty square into the hub.

brb1006

I really miss seeing these guys. I don't care if guests find them creepy, they actually added a lot of charm to the parade and were original creations.
0100-100.jpg

spectromagic-2007-07-29-2040-610x406.jpg

18323714002_7d7671f740.jpg

I've long accepted that Spectromagic has been long gone. But these fellas really made WDW's electrical parade of its own truly unique and added more life to the entire parade. If WDW someday gets it's own electrical parade, then I hope they plan on making spiritual successors to the guys.

ToTBellHop

@ToTBellHop from what you have heard are they more a less set with MSEP being shipped to WDW over PTN? I almost think it would be better for them to send PTN to MK since it’s newer and could last longer/be updated. MSEP should just stay at Disneyland, it’s home resort, where it has a better chance of living longer and let’s be honest it would be way easier for DL to fund a brand new parade than WDW. There’s also the fact that DL guests appreciate MSEP more and it’s nostalgia. Last year they fixed the drum to say Disneyland so they’d have to change that yet again. Not that it can’t be easily changed I guess.
As I said, I’ve heard nothing concrete on this. Just that they definitely do plan to have a night parade at WDW in the near (relative) future. I could easily see it as a 2024 marketing project as it’s relatively cheap and could actually occur on that timescale. But I’ve not been expressly told that’s the plan.

As for PtN, I know DL thinks it’s expensive to run. Do we think WDW would want to pay to run it?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
As I said, I’ve heard nothing concrete on this. Just that they definitely do plan to have a night parade at WDW in the near (relative) future. I could easily see it as a 2024 marketing project as it’s relatively cheap and could actually occur on that timescale. But I’ve not been expressly told that’s the plan.

As for PtN, I know DL thinks it’s expensive to run. Do we think WDW would want to pay to run it?

Aren’t there also some Union/performer issues with that parade that don’t exist in FL? It was my understanding that the nature of the costumes caused the CA Union to ask for concessions, which wouldn’t necessarily have to be granted in FL. Not sure if this is true or not.

jrhwdw

@ToTBellHop from what you have heard are they more a less set with MSEP being shipped to WDW over PTN? I almost think it would be better for them to send PTN to MK since it’s newer and could last longer/be updated. MSEP should just stay at Disneyland, it’s home resort, where it has a better chance of living longer and let’s be honest it would be way easier for DL to fund a brand new parade than WDW. There’s also the fact that DL guests appreciate MSEP more and it’s nostalgia. Last year they fixed the drum to say Disneyland so they’d have to change that yet again. Not that it can’t be easily changed I guess.
Disneyland was on the Drum since 2017.

If WDW gets A Parade not needed for a DL Run first.....this should go ASAP in my Mind!!!

Could you at least tell us Steve that WDW has good news coming????

Disone

The issue is people expect fireworks from nighttime Disney entertainment and they simply can’t do that and be in compliance with AZA requirements. I am willing to give them somewhat of a pass on that because there is no easy answer to running a zoo and a theme park combined and that’s what they’re doing.

AK’s design also doesn’t lend itself to guest friendly navigation at night IMO.
I'm not sure about that. Busch gardens Tampa Bay is AZA accredited and they do plenty of fireworks. There are other aza zoos with fire works as well.
HEA is getting to be that way.......
Not even close. HEA did not have anywhere near a long enough run to satisfy the demand it created. It only ran for just over two years vs MSRP this is a drop in the bucket.
I feel like ROL overall was a fail with guests because they expected….fireworks. Additionally it never worked right. I don’t like giving them a pass but frankly I just don’t think people see AK as a nighttime park even when they had solid nighttime offerings such as Pandora, the night safari, EE, etc.

I don’t think drone shows have the panache that everyone else thinks they do. They’re cool for a one-off but I imagine they’d be a nightmare to maintain on a nightly basis.
Agree. Drones are a good accent. They are "oh hey that's neat" but they lack punch and are definitely not a jaw dropping "wow".

Having a hard time imagining the Cars section to run at WDW's MK.
We hear this rumor a lot. Specifically......
I know there was some talk originally when it was first rumored that the Mac truck wouldn’t be part of it because it can’t make the turn from liberty square into the hub.
But isn't that turn the same hard turn as Main Street USA into the hub? It's just another spoke in the wheel.... Just like Main Street USA. If it were to go straight through the middle of the hub it would divide it in half. It just doesn't run true north and south. So it may not look like the same angle of attack but really it is.

But even in the event that this rumor is true, then cut the float. Do the rest of the parade. It'll be okay. And if TDO Really wanted to exceed expectations, they could replace the cut float with one new float and then have an exclusive version of paint the night for Walt Disney World. For the cost of one float.

Last edited:

doctornick

they could develop a water, fire, lighting effects, and dare I say even a screen barge something like harmonious or heck even drones at AK. Fireworks aren’t needed, but ROL fell so flat because all the wow moments were done in the first few minutes. The ending was never right.

Also, it's entirely reasonable to instead to a daytime spectacular on the water. Couldn't do effective screens/projections but you could have a lovely show with music and brighter floaters/live actors with costumes plus fire effects. Something kind of like Mythica. I mean, I'd rather have a nighttime extravaganza but it's not like it's the only option.

We’ve seen the past rumbles on here of how MK would never have a night parade again due to crowd flow.

Could it be that we see a night parade like PTN finally come to Studios? I mean… if we think about it, it could happen as the parade has representations of IP that are already in the park… the Pixar units (Toy Story, Cars, etc…), Beauty and the Beast, and a finale float with none other than Sorcerer Mickey. I can also see it being a fitting tie-in to the current D100 celebration. A celebration that highlights 100 years of Disney animation and at a park that, until 2004, served as a satellite animation studio to former Walt Disney Feature Animation (currently known as Walt Disney Animation Studios). Although a satellite studio, it was the primary producer for animated films such as Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, and Brother Bear and contributed works to many other projects in the 90’s to early 2000’s before the animation studio’s campus closure.

I know nighttime parade and Magic Kingdom are historically synonymous. But, thinking through the current celebration, the history of WDW property and the animation studios at Hollywood Studios, the theme for the two parade options and the past grumbling of displeasure by DL to actually run PTN… to me, it makes the most sense that PTN would make the move to FL if one were to come to WDW. 🤷‍♂️ 🎨👩‍🎨✨

doctornick

I mean, I don’t disagree. But the time/location hint was odd for Steve to mention. DHS is the only other park that could handle a parade besides MK.

It seems more likely that they (the unnamed site) have the parks wrong in terms of which parades are where. So PTN in MK and MSEP staying at DLR (DL or DCA) would make fit that description.

mattpeto

I don’t know how MK will function with HEA and a night parade from Aug-Dec unless they move the parties back to the AH brand.

I’d rather them stick PtN at DHS.

Is it wrong that I'd also settle for “March of the First Order” or something similar to return at DHS? I miss that kinetic energy so much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom