MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

TTA94

What is happening to entertainment at DLR is outrageous. But, this is their "punishment" for expanding the union.

Isn’t the plan to return PTN at Disneyland next year? I’d imagine HKDL will follow suit with their PTN, so basically the year of night parades returning lol. Excluding Paris and Shanghai. But nothing wrong with only WDW getting the spotlight this time with a nighttime parade.

gerarar

Premium Member
This post made my heart drop. Even if this is not true, Disneyland entertainment was previously leaps and bounds above Walt Disney World (sad in itself). The seemingly permanently closed theatre in DCA, Fantasmic without the dragon, and lack of permanent show in Fantasyland really speaks to how much has changed post-2020.
People like to make fun of the "old" shows that WDW has; BATB Live!, Festival of the Lion King, Nemo, Mickey's Friendship Faire, VOTLM, etc.

But that was like the one thing missing from our recent DL trip. I was with a bunch of first timers and sorta me since I haven't been in decades and was a small child then. There were literally no shows to sit and watch besides the Fantasyland Theater, but I wouldn't even call that a stage show. There was nowhere to sit and relax and enjoy a simple production.

But hey, at least we can meet a Mickey on Buena Vista Street...

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

People like to make fun of the "old" shows that WDW has; BATB Live!, Festival of the Lion King, Nemo, Mickey's Friendship Faire, etc.

But that was like the one thing missing from our recent DL trip. I was with a bunch of first timers and sorta me since I haven't been in decades and was a small child then. There were literally no shows to sit and watch besides the Fantasyland Theater, but I wouldn't even call that a stage show. There was nowhere to sit and relax and enjoy a simple production.

But hey, at least we can meet a Mickey on Buena Vista Street...
WDW definitely excels when it comes to shows in theaters. DLR is mostly about rides and outdoor entertainment. I get that the weather is nicer but sometimes you need an air-conditioned theater even in California...

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Question for everyone, what IPs do you want and think will be in the parade. I'm giving Moana a 100% chance of getting a float. I actually really want many of the newer IPs in this parade. Some floats I would love to see are:
1. Moana
2. Tangled
3. Tiana
4. Inside out
5. Encanto
I really want to see some of these newer films and IPs get floats, especially since WDW hasn't gotten them in really anything, definitely not parades. If they are going the more upbeat MSEP/PNT type of parade then I really want to see the newer films and IPs.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Question for everyone, what IPs do you want and think will be in the parade. I'm giving Moana a 100% chance of getting a float. I actually really want many of the newer IPs in this parade. Some floats I would love to see are:
1. Moana
2. Tangled
3. Tiana
4. Inside out
5. Encanto
I really want to see some of these newer films and IPs get floats, especially since WDW hasn't gotten them in really anything, definitely not parades. If they are going the more upbeat MSEP/PNT type of parade then I really want to see the newer films and IPs.

I want the very beginning of the parade to be Leeries from Mary Poppins Returns singing “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” and as they do the floats come on one by one and then the parade starts but what do I know?

ToTBellHop

1. Moana
2. Tangled
3. Tiana
4. Inside out
5. Encanto
Some of those will be featured but also some classics. It won't all be new IPs. But, we can immediately eliminate Black Cauldron, Fun and Fancy Free, and Saludos Amigos.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
That was once an idea before the movie flopped (by Iger's standard).

Of course they wouldn’t go with the ONE IP that actually makes sense - who could host a night parade? Oh maybe the folks that turn the lamps on at night every evening????? And oh look there’s an awesome upbeat song that makes sense for a parade and has a good dance number already worked in….

Are they really this Daft? I guess the new parade will have to be a flashlight into our feelings hosted by Joy and sadness since that’s a billion dollar movie.

ToTBellHop

Of course they wouldn’t go with the ONE IP that actually makes sense - who could host a night parade? Oh maybe the folks that turn the lamps on at night every evening????? And oh look there’s an awesome upbeat song that makes sense for a parade and has a good dance number already worked in….

Are they really this Daft? I guess the new parade will have to be a flashlight into our feelings hosted by Joy and sadness since that’s a billion dollar movie.
I'm not saying they've ruled out the idea, just that it was a proposal around the time of Mary Poppins Returns. They could certainly decide to use the song anyway, with the knowledge that many won't recognize the song (not that it matters). I highly doubt a big cast of lamplighters would dance down MSUSA, though.

The world of Inside Out would look spectacular in a nighttime parade IMHO. And Joy already glows!

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I'm not saying they've ruled out the idea, just that it was a proposal around the time of Mary Poppins Returns. They could certainly decide to use the song anyway, with the knowledge that many won't recognize the song (not that it matters). I highly doubt a big cast of lamplighters would dance down MSUSA, though.

The world of Inside Out would look spectacular in a nighttime parade IMHO. And Joy already glows!
A float with all the glowing memories, and of course joy herself glowing is such a slam dunk and there's no reason not to do it. In fact I'm sure they really want to with Inside Out 2 printing money. And you could use the idea light bulbs too.

jpeden

In the Parks
No

No I get it - it just seems tailor made and TWDC always seems to take the obvious choices and make them something else (see TBA not being based on the movie).

I thought Returns was very well done and was surprised it didn’t do better.

Sneakman

Some of those will be featured but also some classics. It won't all be new IPs. But, we can immediately eliminate Black Cauldron, Fun and Fancy Free, and Saludos Amigos.
Saludos amigos…three cabs aren’t softbanned from appearing now? Or am I getting movies mixed up

In the Parks
No
He KNEW SpectroMagic was toast!
1720048080540.png

ToTBellHop

Saludos amigos…three cabs aren’t softbanned from appearing now? Or am I getting movies mixed up
They aren’t but both of their movies have scenes that haven’t aged well. Disney is desperate for Latin characters so Panchito and José Carioca get a free pass.

Fun fact—Saludos Amigos and The Three Caballeros were propaganda films commissioned by the US State Dept. to promote goodwill toward Latin American countries in the 1940s.

Sneakman

They aren’t but both of their movies have scenes that haven’t aged well. Disney is desperate for Latin characters so Panchito and José Carioca get a free pass.
Good, I quite like the three cabs a lot. And also , as opposed to the br’ers, I feel they’ve made enough appearances in others things that they’re disconnected from the movie enough.

Sneakman

Also, me personally, id be down for a three cabs movie or something. Maybe something in the vein of “the three amigos”?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom