Mrs. Potts' Cupboard gets new 'Fantasy Forest' look with thatched roof and more

EPCOT Explorer

I like it. It was always unclear to me where Fantasyland was supposed to be. Part of that was because of 20,000 Leagues, which was more current and industrial then anything else in FL. With that gone, and now with the planned extension of the castle walls, the more "forest"y look here, and what I expect will be consistency in the expansion, FL will be more cohesive.

Right, it should fit a bit better now.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I think the effect is more magical fantasy as peeps still have cedar shake roofs in 3D but thatched roofs are more fairy tale-ish.... the new shakes look mighty good and proper on the new SM mill roof though....and nice to see something happening...did not notice it though last weekend...darn...we were too busy peeking through cracks in the fence past Toontown to try to spot something underway....only saw dumpsters and cement....:lookaroun.

fyn

It's certainly more interesting than what was there, but my jury's still out on whether or not I actually like it. Without the other buildings and design elements around it, I just can't say it looks good...yet.

imagineer boy

I like the look, but I can't say there was anything wrong with the old look though. It didn't have the crummy mideval fair look or anything.

MousDad

Whew, what a relief. I was afraid they were going to use this kind of thatch:

200px-TikiRoom.JPG

Good to know they had sense enough to use the northern European thatch. Not only is it authentic, but it will transition seemlessly to Mermaid's coastline palm trees from the same region.

:lookaroun

So is all of Fantasyland going to get this look or are we still stuck with that Medievel faire look? Cause Mrs. Potts looks cool but Winnie The Pooh right next to it looks a little weird now. (Weirder than it did before.)

hpyhnt 1000

So is all of Fantasyland going to get this look or are we still stuck with that Medievel faire look? Cause Mrs. Potts looks cool but Winnie The Pooh right next to it looks a little weird now. (Weirder than it did before.)

Winnie the Pooh should be getting a completely new facade and queue area as part of the FL Expansion. :)

SirNim

I like it. Softer and more magical. Though a clock tower is almost always better than no clock tower, in this case it's nice.

EPCOT Explorer

Whew, what a relief. I was afraid they were going to use this kind of thatch:

200px-TikiRoom.JPG

Good to know they had sense enough to use the northern European thatch. Not only is it authentic, but it will transition seemlessly to Mermaid's coastline palm trees from the same region.

:lookaroun

:lol::sohappy:

Maybe THAT's why I don't like thatch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom