Movies That Don't Get Any Love

Heppenheimer

That's true - you used to be able to do Meet n Greets with Kenai and Koda I believe. Not sure whether they're still doing that.
I haven't seen a Kenai and Koda as Meet n Greets (never visited prior to 2016, but have been there a total of three times now), but they have a sculpture of them right outside that redwood play area:

Brer Panther

I haven't seen a Kenai and Koda as Meet n Greets (never visited prior to 2016, but have been there a total of three times now), but they have a sculpture of them right outside that redwood play area[/URL]
Didn't California Adventure also have some sort of "Magic of Brother Bear" thing for a while?

91JLovesDisney

I haven't seen a Kenai and Koda as Meet n Greets (never visited prior to 2016, but have been there a total of three times now), but they have a sculpture of them right outside that redwood play area:

I did find a video from August of 2016 where Kenai walked around at Chip N Dale Critter breakfast - it seems they're just super rare characters.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
1598969382606.png

(One of) The movie(s) Sean Connery wants to forget...

Heppenheimer

View attachment 494212

(One of) The movie(s) Sean Connery wants to forget...
Does he really? Darby O'Gill is a pretty good movie that still holds up well, and its not like his part in the movie is embarrassing in any way.

I would think Zardoz is the movie Sean Connery really wants us all to forget:

britdaw

Original Poster
Enchanted

Giselle was originally supposed to be one of the regular princesses in the lineup. They created the movie with this in mind, but then someone realized that Disney would have to pay Amy Adams royalties for using her likeness forever, so they nixed the idea.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Does he really? Darby O'Gill is a pretty good movie that still holds up well, and its not like his part in the movie is embarrassing in any way.

I would think Zardoz is the movie Sean Connery really wants us all to forget:

I'm sure that's number one on his list.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
There's no doubt BTMR would have received a Home On The Range re-theme had the movie been successful. Some of the train/cave chase scenes looked as if they were written strictly for an overhaul of that attraction.

Since I'm a fan of BTMR as it is, I'm grateful the movie bombed hard.
Full on retheme, no. Possible seasonal overlay to celebrate the movie, maybe

Brer Panther

Full on retheme, no. Possible seasonal overlay to celebrate the movie, maybe
Well, they DID consider retheming Space Mountain to Lilo and Stitch. I wouldn't have put it past 2000s Disney to retheme Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to Home on the Range had that movie been successful.

Somewhat related note, am I the only one who thinks that Lucky Jack kind of sounds like the prospector who does the safety spiel on the ride?

The Colonel

Giselle was originally supposed to be one of the regular princesses in the lineup. They created the movie with this in mind, but then someone realized that Disney would have to pay Amy Adams royalties for using her likeness forever, so they nixed the idea.
yes- they have a pathological aversion to paying anybody except upper management.

Parker in NYC

I swear to God, I never saw so much love for Song of the South until Disney decided to trash Splash Mountain. I mean, I think it's lovely and shouldn't be relegated to the dustbin of history. But in all honesty, if this is what it took to bring more attention to the film -- looks like it worked.

Brer Panther

I swear to God, I never saw so much love for Song of the South until Disney decided to trash Splash Mountain. I mean, I think it's lovely and shouldn't be relegated to the dustbin of history. But in all honesty, if this is what it took to bring more attention to the film -- looks like it worked.
I've only seen the animated segments myself. From what I've heard, they're pretty much the only good part of the film.

Mickey5150

Con Air, Turner and Hooch, Adventures in Babysitting, basically the entire Touchstone pictures collection. Disney could open a fifth gate with only Touchstone movies and it would be the greatest park ever. Gone in 60 Seconds, the ride. Good Morning Vietnam radio broadcast throughout the park. 3 Ninjas character meals... it practically writes itself.

mf1972

Con Air, Turner and Hooch, Adventures in Babysitting, basically the entire Touchstone pictures collection. Disney could open a fifth gate with only Touchstone movies and it would be the greatest park ever. Gone in 60 Seconds, the ride. Good Morning Vietnam radio broadcast throughout the park. 3 Ninjas character meals... it practically writes itself.
i wouldn’t go in the other route with hollywood pictures featuring an arachnophobia attraction with poisonous spiders or the rock attraction with deadly chemical weapons. that might pose a problem 😉☠️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom