Movies That Don't Get Any Love

InnKpr

Mighty Joe Young.

As soon as Universal made the decision to tear down their original, beloved version of a Kong ride... Disney should've made a MJY attraction similar to it, just to smite (smote, whatever) the competition.

Club Cooloholic

Fox and the Hound, Emperor's New Groove.
I know it's been panned, but we have a soft spot for Haunted Mansion with Eddie Murphy in my house, and it is of course we'll repped.

Club Cooloholic

That was an amazing movie for it's time. I still remember the stunning visuals to this day, not the mention the distinct mood of the movie. In my opinion, it was the similar to the mood Dune (84) had.
Man, I had find memories from when I was a kid, I even had Black Hole sheets on my bed. But alas, I tried viewing it recently and it really is a bad movie.

71Mickey

Man, I had find memories from when I was a kid, I even had Black Hole sheets on my bed. But alas, I tried viewing it recently and it really is a bad movie.
It's a movie with an interesting concept and visuals that didn't quite come together (ripe for a reboot)...but nothing will take away from that moment when the Cygnus first lights up and of course THAT ending!

MickeyLuv'r

As far as I know, the only mention of the Hunchback of Notre Dame was an exhibit about the cathedral in the waiting area for Impressions de France.
Herbie made a brief appearance during the Hollywood Studios backlot tour.
Disneyland has a Sword in the Stone in Fantasyland, Tarzan's treehouse (a re-theme of the Swiss Family Treehouse) as well as the Incredicoaster (one of the cheapest re-themes they've ever done).
I don't think there was ever a Robin Hood attraction, but the characters made very frequent appearances until probably sometime in the 80s.

My favorite underrated Disney movie is easily The Emperor's New Groove. If they ever decide to add a South American section to Animal Kingdom, this might be a good place to reference the film. An actual stand-alone attraction, though, is probably not in the cards.

At one time: Hunchback had a show in HS, Herbie was featured in the HS stunt show, MK has had an on/off Sword in Stone by the Carousel. Tarzan used to have the Tarzan rocks! show. Tarzan had a dramatic fall at least once, maybe more than once. It was replaced by the Nemo Musical. The old theater wasn't fully enclosed, so no heat in winter or AC in summer. The Tarzan show ran 1999 to Jan 2006.

MickeyLuv'r

Some movies not widely featured:

The Reluctant Dragon
20,00 Leagues Under the Sea
Mr. Toad
Johnny Tremain (though we do have Liberty Square)
Lady and the Tramp
Old Yeller
Aristocats
Zorro
The Rescuers
Splash
Pete's Dragon
The Black Hole
The fox and the Hound
Condorman
Great Mouse Detective
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Roger Rabbit
Benji
George of the Jungle
White Fang
James and the Giant Peach
Homeward Bound
Inspector Gadget
Chronicles of Narnia
Treasure Planet
Into the Woods
Brother Bear
Chicken Little
Enchanted
Tinker Bell (as in Lost Treasure)
Bolt
Ponyo
Secret World of Arrietty
Wreck-It Ralph
Planes
Big Hero 6
Zootopia
Onward

Heppenheimer

Right before Disneyland closed, they had an Onward meet and greet photo op at Pixar Pier. There was a mock-up of the van, and every once in a while the two main characters showed up.

It didn't appear that anyone was interested. The cast member in attendance looked really bored.

MickeyLuv'r

Right before Disneyland closed, they had an Onward meet and greet photo op at Pixar Pier. There was a mock-up of the van, and every once in a while the two main characters showed up.

It didn't appear that anyone was interested. The cast member in attendance looked really bored.

That's too bad, it is a cute movie. It doesn't feel 100% like a classic Disney fairytale, but it is a cute movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom