Mousefan1972's Christmas Trip Report

I’m attempting my first trip report, so please be gentle :lol:. This trip consisted of myself (35), DH (40), DD (4), and DS (2). It was our first time spending Christmas in our most favorite place, Walt Disney World.

We left cold, snowy Massachusetts on the morning of December 19, just missing a big storm that came in later that day. We had a rough drive to the airport in Manchester, NH, due to accidents on the highway. Luckily we allowed ample time, and made it with a few minutes to spare. Our flight arrived 30 minutes early into MCO (love when that happens!), and in short time we were on our way via Magical Express to the Polynesian.

I had requested the Tahiti longhouse, because we had stayed at the Poly in the Spring and had loved being in Tahiti, due to it's proximity to the TTC. We were really hoping that our request was granted, but weren't counting on it due how busy the holiday season is. We arrived at the Poly at around 2:15 p.m., and the CM checking us in happily said that our room was ready. "Where is our room?" I asked. "In Tahiti" she answered. Great! But, oh, it gets better. "On the castle side" the CM added. "Um, what?" was my answer. (we had booked a garden view room). "You received a complimentary upgrade" the CM informed me. Once I picked myself up off the floor, we went on to the room and took these pictures from our balcony:

DisneyChristmas07002.jpg

After settling in, we went to dinner at 1900 Park Fare at the GF, then to the Magic Kingdom. I had to ride HM right away, since it's my favorite ride and I hadn't been on since the refurb. Definite thumbs up! Then we went to Toon Town to ride Goofy's Barnstormer, then to Adventureland for PotC, a family favorite. We ended the night by watching the 8 p.m. Spectromagic parade. I think the kids were pretty worn out by the time we got back to the monorail station....

mpoppins76

:sohappy::sohappy: Love it, Kristin!!! All of the pics of your kids w/ the characters are so adorable....each expression is cuter then the next. :kiss:

Uponastar

Wonderful report, Kristin!
Your family is beautiful and I'm so glad you got to spend Christmas your way and in such a happy place.
Thanks for sharing!

PotteryGal

What a wonderful trip report, Kristin. Your kids are beautiful, btw. I'm glad Christmas at Disney was everything you were hoping for. :kiss:

nibblesandbits

Love, Love, Loved your TR!!! I'm so glad to hear you had a great time during Christmas! A much needed break from other family!!! And your kids are adorable!

popsicletrees

I loved your trip report and pictures! We stayed in Tahiti during our last visit, but we had the standard garden view. However, I loved the building and the beach area behind it. Thanks for sharing!

BeanSz

Awesome Trip Report. We are booked for next December which will be our first time with the parks decked out for Christmas. Your pictures were awesome. My DS (4) loved looking at them -- he is so excited but has to wait until next year. Happy New Year!!

George

Liker of Things
Nice TR. My kids are the same ages (4 and 2 with the genders flipped). My wife and I are both 38. We overlapped a little. We were there from the 16th-21st.

rshell68

Thanks so much for sharing it helps me with my DWS (Disney Withdrawl Syndrome). It looks like you had an awesome time.

March isn't that far away is it?!

NewfieFan

You've got a couple of cuties for kids! I loved your pics, the one with Jasmine was too cute - actually all of them were cute!!! Thanks for sharing!

DisneyGigi

Great trip report! (Thanks for the link) You have such a beautiful family, your kids are too cute! Love those smiles.
Glad you had such a good time. :wave:
(Awesome pics too btw.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom