Most overrated attraction

Sam Eagle 1776

Original Poster
Now normally I really don't like haterade threads and this isn't much of an award, but there are some overrated attractions at WDW. These are the rides that get the most publicity but really aren't as good as other less "popular" offerings. Two examples are Stitch and Soarin'.
Stich was extremely hyped and Stitch merchandise was everywhere in the Parks, but many people agree that the "show" wasn't really all that great.
Soarin' is a great ride with amazing effects and is done very well. But, unless you go on early in the morning, it's almost impossible to ride without a fastpass. I believe that Test Track is a better ride and SSE is just as good. No disrespect intended toward Soarin' but there's no way it should be in the top 5 most popular rides at WDW.

danipooh

I'm probably in the minority here, but...

Personally (and this is just my opinion) I have always thought Soarin is completely overrated. It's fun and everything, but I think there are so many rides at WDW that are far superior. My opinion is that it's really popular because so many people can go on it. People who might not be able to ride other rides can ride on Soarin. Like my mom for instance - this is one of the few rides she'll actually go on. Don't get me wrong, I think that's great, but the ride itself it so hyped up and I personally don't think it's that spectacular. I would NEVER wait for it without a fastpass, and if the fastpasses are gone when I get to it, it doesn't really bother me to skip it.

Wilt Dasney

Carousel of Progress. There, I said it. :lookaroun

By the way, I don't see how Stitch could be considered overrated, since every time I see it mentioned on here, somebody is talking about how terrible it is. If anything, I'd say it's probably underrated, since it would only have to be marginally more fun than licking dog p00p to beat the reputation it's gotten around here. :lol:

elisatonks

sorry for me its space mountain, i find it uncomfortable and not really thrilling.however this my be because i had rode space mountain in DLP first

yankspy

I would have to say Star Tours. Even with a refurb, I am not so sure about the concept. Simulators were cool when they came out but they seem sort of boring now.

erasure fan1

I will give a second vote to space mountain. I call it overrated because its only a must ride because of the nostalgia factor. Its not even close to the best coaster in Disney yet its ALWAYS crowded and is on everyones must ride list. I hope the rehab brings it back to glory, this ride deserves it.

Ilovewishes

Soarin' for me! I think it's very clever, but again, I wouldn't be sorry if I missed it. IMO, it would be so much better if it was one continuous film rather than keep jumping from place to place! They could even have done a few different ones so that you never know which one you're going to see! I do think that would have been so much better!

After all the hype with people saying how fantastic it was, we waited in line for over an hour when every other ride was practically walk on and we were so disappointed!!!

Oh well, never mind.

SiriusBlack

I am with the Soarin' Crowd. It is a well made ride. It is a good way to get off your feet in a cool room for a few minutes. It is not a ride worth anymore than a 15 minute wait. It is not an upper level ride in my opinion. So many people love it, but I expected much more of a thrill out of it. I was pretty dissappointed after riding it, and that rarely happens to me at disney.

agent86

Well I KNOW I'll be in the minority on this one, but I have never understood why so many people seem impressed by Expedition Everest. I just don't get it. So much so, I was actually thinking of creating a thread just to discuss it. I think that as a coaster it's pretty boring, and from a show standpoint, it is extremely lacking. People always refer to the "amazing theming" and the "effects". Am I missing something? What is "amazing" about the theming on this ride? The part where the track is all broken is boring. You're sitting there for what seems like an eternity while they switch the track. You would think the Imagineers would have put in something interesting here to keep people's attention while they wait. What a missed opportunity. The part with the "shadow" of the Yeti is stupid. The Yeti in this part moves just like a cartoon character, and not like a real animal would move (especially one that size). It is not at all believable. When you see the "real" Yeti, you only get a glimpse of him for like half a second. What a ripoff.

EPCOT.nut

Carousel of Progress. There, I said it. :lookaroun

Shame on you! Have you no respect???? :fork:

:lol::lol::lol:

I feel so bad avoiding COP but I just can't enjoy it any more. I bet if they shut it down I would squall like a girl and then go back and photograph it from every single angle.....:lol:.....but since it is still open, yeah, I just don't ever go on it any more.

WHEW feels good to get that off my chest. :eek:

EPCOT.nut

Well I KNOW I'll be in the minority on this one, but I have never understood why so many people seem impressed by Expedition Everest. I just don't get it. So much so, I was actually thinking of creating a thread just to discuss it. I think that as a coaster it's pretty boring, and from a show standpoint, it is extremely lacking. People always refer to the "amazing theming" and the "effects". Am I missing something? What is "amazing" about the theming on this ride? The part where the track is all broken is boring. You're sitting there for what seems like an eternity while they switch the track. You would think the Imagineers would have put in something interesting here to keep people's attention while they wait. What a missed opportunity. The part with the "shadow" of the Yeti is stupid. The Yeti in this part moves just like a cartoon character, and not like a real animal would move (especially one that size). It is not at all believable. When you see the "real" Yeti, you only get a glimpse of him for like half a second. What a ripoff.

:eek:

That thread will be an extra large popcorn kind of thread.

:dazzle:

Wilt Dasney

Shame on you! Have you no respect???? :fork:

:lol::lol::lol:

I feel so bad avoiding COP but I just can't enjoy it any more. I bet if they shut it down I would squall like a girl and then go back and photograph it from every single angle.....:lol:.....but since it is still open, yeah, I just don't ever go on it any more.

WHEW feels good to get that off my chest. :eek:
Heh...I'm just glad to know somebody agrees with me. :lol:

It's not a BAD attraction by any means, but I definitely don't share the reverence a lot of people seem to have for it. I think it's moderately entertaining, but there's plenty of stuff I'd be more sad to see taken out.

EPCOT.nut

Heh...I'm just glad to know somebody agrees with me. :lol:

It's not a BAD attraction by any means, but I definitely don't share the reverence a lot of people seem to have for it. I think it's moderately entertaining, but there's plenty of stuff I'd be more sad to see taken out.

Yeah, I gotcha there.

I'd be really crushed if they took out the Frontierland Shooting Gallery. I'm just talking about if they took something out that was what some might find incidental or not terribly popular. I know there's much more that I'd be upset about, but the shooting gallery is truly perfect for the theming of Frontierland and just plain fun.

Wilt Dasney

Yeah, I gotcha there.

I'd be really crushed if they took out the Frontierland Shooting Gallery. I'm just talking about if they took something out that was what some might find incidental or not terribly popular. I know there's much more that I'd be upset about, but the shooting gallery is truly perfect for the theming of Frontierland and just plain fun.

Well, that doesn't surprise me, you being one of those gun nuts and all... :lookaroun

(j/k) :p :lol:

yankspy

Yeah, I gotcha there.

So do you go to the disney web-site and play the shooting gallery game all the time also.:animwink:

Philo

I'm probably in the minority here, but...

Personally (and this is just my opinion) I have always thought Soarin is completely overrated. It's fun and everything, but I think there are so many rides at WDW that are far superior. My opinion is that it's really popular because so many people can go on it. People who might not be able to ride other rides can ride on Soarin. Like my mom for instance - this is one of the few rides she'll actually go on. Don't get me wrong, I think that's great, but the ride itself it so hyped up and I personally don't think it's that spectacular. I would NEVER wait for it without a fastpass, and if the fastpasses are gone when I get to it, it doesn't really bother me to skip it.

I like how you went into that one gently :p

I totally agree though. It's a good ride which I enjoy but certainly not great when compared to others

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom