Most Over Rated Restaurant at WDW.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Hi All,Hope this hasn't already been blogged.Is there a restaurant that you've booked and been so excited to try due to all the great reviews,but after your meal it was a big let down.What was your biggest disappointment and why?:(

Philhar-Fanatic

For us it was Citrico's. It has been out biggest let down in 4 years of Disney Dining. The service was AWFUL and the food was just mmmeeehhh. We were so sad. :(

Tink28

For us it was the California Grill, just didn't live up to the expectations.
View was great but was unimpressed with the food and found the service a bit OTT.
Maybe I was expecting too much

plaz10

Ours was Le Chefs de France.

Read amazing reviews about the atmosphere and the food. I really researched the menus and pictures of the food and was very disappointed. The service was awful, the restaurant itself was over crowded and loud (we were practically sitting on the laps of the people next to us). The food was very bland and dry. And we also felt extremely rushed.

Perhaps again in the future we'll give this place another chance - but it's definitely on our "worst" list

GoochDSA

Ours is 'Ohana. I just don't get it. We have tried it twice (we believe that every restaurant can have a bad night, so we tend to give second chances), never again. The food meats are dry and bland, the sauces didn't help. The service was so bad that we didn't even have the patience to ask for better cooked meats, our waiter last time constantly complained to us how he had to cover someone elses section, meanwhile I watched him standing around doing nothing by the kitchen door most of the time. The wings, dumpings and noodles all taste like something out of the frozen food section of any Supermarket/Costco type place. The emcee lady is so loud and obnoxious. The parents of the kids that played some of the games were beyond rude. Just absolute awful experiences. We have even had a window table durring Wishes, but that didn't really help much.

Also on our list are Le Cellier and Cali Grill. They are fine, but there is nothing special about them, IMO. They just don't deserve the hype they get.

Dwarful

Le Cellier...hands down. The service and the quality have gone down so much over the last few years. The over inflated prices made people think it was a great deal on the dining plan and so Disney bumps it up to sig. dining making dinner two credits w/o changing much. So many better options nearby.

staceycrouton

Ours is definitely Chef Mickey's. Ate dinner there once. The food was horrible and it just didn't even come close to living up to expectations. Maybe it was because we were seated in a room to the side but, it just didn't have the fun atmosphere that we were expecting.

ddbowdoin

to be honest... I often have to coach myself to realize where I am going. As many of you here know I am very critical of the dining options. Have I been to every restaurant? No, no where near it but I only have an opinion from what I have experienced. I guess I am lucky and unlucky at the same time.. I come from a major American city and so for me to go in with a blank slate is nearly impossible. I simply have never had a meal that floored me, one of the downsides of having a world of cultures and flavors in your backyard.

GMRO

For me it’s a tie for last...

Le Cellier
Tony's Time Square

And both are a shame since wife and I had 1 very good meal at both. Which was what lead us to go again the next year/visit. Service and food was down. BUT we even tried them the following year yet again. BOTH fell short so we've not been back to either one since. Our steak at Tony's was FATTY and very poor quality. And forget the anniversary buttons...and advanced dining reservations...made no difference in the quality of service or food. Cobwebs formed on the bottom of my drink glass. Le Cellier we noticed prices continued to climb as service dropped. So we're out for both.

This May we are trying Ohana. Never been. We hope to find ourselves sitting at a nice table with great service and great food. Guess time will tell.

Sad thing is some counter services...that we like...the food will always be the same for what you pay for or get on the DP. What I see is the sit down restaurants change more and usually not for the better IMO. Pay more get less... Found a few very nice places in Epcot that are CS and time after time the food is just not that bad when you consider what it is. Earl Of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck's Express @ DTD are just 2 of our favorites in the CS category.

Chef Mickey - is what it is. We ate there 2 times and didn't mind it. Nothing to write home about but for what it is we found it enjoyable.

Mickey's Backyard Bar-B-Que - never again. Went once on the DP and hated it. Atmosphere was un-controllable and the food was sub-par-eatable. Will not venture back to that chaos ever again and never out of pocket for certain.

Good thread!

Phonedave

Hi All,Hope this hasn't already been blogged.Is there a restaurant that you've booked and been so excited to try due to all the great reviews,but after your meal it was a big let down.What was your biggest disappointment and why?:(

You asked two different questions there.

Le Cellier is the most overhype restaruant on property.

However

The biggest disappointment I have ever had was Cape May Cafe.

While Le Cellier does not come close to living up to they hype, it is still decent.

Cape May Cafe was one of the worst meals I have ever had - anywhere.

-dave

ddbowdoin

You asked two different questions there.

Le Cellier is the most overhype restaruant on property.

However

The biggest disappointment I have ever had was Cape May Cafe.

While Le Cellier does not come close to living up to they hype, it is still decent.

Cape May Cafe was one of the worst meals I have ever had - anywhere.

-dave

I hate to say this but... but the lobby and that area of the BC stunk. I know, yeah "well that is seafood" but no... that is seafood that isn't FRESH, it shouldn't smell that strong if stuff is being brought in fresh.

baymenxpac

obviously this is such a fickle topic. in my opinion, it's not a good idea to just throw a restaurant on your "don't do" list based on one experience.

as far as a recent dinner that kind of made me feel just "meh" about it was citrocos.

from what i had read here, i expected it to be on par with california grill, or maybe a cali grill "lite" kind of thing, but i just don't think the two are comparable at all. put it this way: i've had jaw droppingly amazing experiences at CG and ones that were just alright, based on my high standards. but citrocos well short of my lesser CG experiences. nothing was wrong, per say (except the service was too quick for my liking. hour and 15 minutes. but i expect that sometimes, based on the fact that my wife and i are relatively young, so sometimes servers don't think we're there to bask in the experience). food was solid, but i was just kind of underwhelmed.

to bring a little positivity to this thread: every time i step into the flying fish it far exceeds my expectations.

Ours is 'Ohana. I just don't get it. We have tried it twice (we believe that every restaurant can have a bad night, so we tend to give second chances), never again. The food meats are dry and bland, the sauces didn't help. The service was so bad that we didn't even have the patience to ask for better cooked meats, our waiter last time constantly complained to us how he had to cover someone elses section, meanwhile I watched him standing around doing nothing by the kitchen door most of the time. The wings, dumpings and noodles all taste like something out of the frozen food section of any Supermarket/Costco type place. The emcee lady is so loud and obnoxious. The parents of the kids that played some of the games were beyond rude. Just absolute awful experiences. We have even had a window table durring Wishes, but that didn't really help much.

Also on our list are Le Cellier and Cali Grill. They are fine, but there is nothing special about them, IMO. They just don't deserve the hype they get.

I've found that asking for my meat to be cooked to my preference ahead of time makes for a much better experience. Having it cooked less adds to the flavor as well as the tenderness.

AvengersWDW

Banned

Wow you just attacked my three favorite places lol

AvengersWDW

Banned
to be honest... I often have to coach myself to realize where I am going. As many of you here know I am very critical of the dining options. Have I been to every restaurant? No, no where near it but I only have an opinion from what I have experienced. I guess I am lucky and unlucky at the same time.. I come from a major American city and so for me to go in with a blank slate is nearly impossible. I simply have never had a meal that floored me, one of the downsides of having a world of cultures and flavors in your backyard.

No offense but man i have never had a good meal in Boston...maybe it is because i am from Chicago and we have the best food in the country. Even with that i still find a lot of great food at Disney, V&A is the best dining i have ever had

njDizFan

No offense but man i have never had a good meal in Boston...maybe it is because i am from Chicago and we have the best food in the country. Even with that i still find a lot of great food at Disney, V&A is the best dining i have ever had
As a New Yorker(neighbor) I would have to disagree about the best food city in America as would Travel and Leisure, Bon Appetit, Food and Wine, Esquire, Eater.com etc

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom