Most Over Rated Restaurant at WDW.

bgraham34

Lol wow i just cant stop laughing at the fact that you honestly think that

A. New Orleans and San Fran is better than Chicago
B. LA or Las Vegas is not in the top five

You have not read those magazines or been to the websites because if you did you would see Chicago ranked higher than New York in a lot of places...i named a few restaurants that have been named the BEST in the Country and they are not in New York buddy.

I am going to chime in here. Number one I don't think that either LA or Las Vegas are even in the top ten cities in America for food. While I can't truly comment on Vegas I think LA is over rated, over priced and over celebritized. Just because Celebs raved about a place it does not make it good. I had some good meals in LA but New Orleans I have had the best meals by far. Chicago I would put in the top 5 along with NY but I can't tell you who has the better food but the pizza by far goes to NY. Hot Dogs you can have that one if you want because I don't need all that fancy stuff stacked up on my hotdog to cover up the terrible flavor. Mustard and I am good.

goofykt

I am going to chime in here. Number one I don't think that either LA or Las Vegas are even in the top ten cities in America for food. While I can't truly comment on Vegas I think LA is over rated, over priced and over celebritized. Just because Celebs raved about a place it does not make it good. I had some good meals in LA but New Orleans I have had the best meals by far. Chicago I would put in the top 5 along with NY but I can't tell you who has the better food but the pizza by far goes to NY. Hot Dogs you can have that one if you want because I don't need all that fancy stuff stacked up on my hotdog to cover up the terrible flavor. Mustard and I am good.

Woot woot! I'm digging all the New Orleans love on here! Nothing better than sitting at Cafe du Monde on a beautiful morning in the French Quarter and eating a fresh beignet while people-watching. My waistline has definitely suffered since we moved here, lol, but the food is everywhere and it's all amazing! For those of you that ever visit, some of my favs are Elizabeth's (praline bacon anyone?), Luke, Bayona, EAT, and Parkway Bakery & Tavern (best fried shrimp po boy and sweet potato fries in NOLA).

@AvengersWDW - I seriously miss driving up Lakeshore to stand in line at Walker Brothers, and Bleeding Heart Bakery was the bomb! ChiTown definitely has some great spots and holds it's own :)

But back to Disney...we had heard good things about Crystal Palace, and I'll admit I was a tiny bit hesitant going in because it was a buffet, but man, it was a real letdown! Especially since you have to stand around and wait a while even with a reservation - bummer! I have to say though, as many times as we've been to WDW, it's probably the only restaurant I've ever felt truly disappointed with. I have to credit these boards for our great dining experiences, because you all have helped us avoid the not-so-great spots. You guys rock!

AvengersWDW

Banned

You really need to go to Vegas...some of the biggest chefs in the world have great places there. NO is really nothing special. Everything besides the creole food i could get at any big city but is much better.

I really dont know who can like NY pizza. They say it is traditional yet traditional pizza is not greasy like NY. The best way to describe NY pizza is this...take a pizza box, put ketchup on it, and then some bad cheese, and a jar of grease then you have a NY pizza lol.

Vienna Sausages are very tasty...Chicago hot dogs without toppings are just better

AvengersWDW

Banned
Woot woot! I'm digging all the New Orleans love on here! Nothing better than sitting at Cafe du Monde on a beautiful morning in the French Quarter and eating a fresh beignet while people-watching. My waistline has definitely suffered since we moved here, lol, but the food is everywhere and it's all amazing! For those of you that ever visit, some of my favs are Elizabeth's (praline bacon anyone?), Luke, Bayona, EAT, and Parkway Bakery & Tavern (best fried shrimp po boy and sweet potato fries in NOLA).

@AvengersWDW - I seriously miss driving up Lakeshore to stand in line at Walker Brothers, and Bleeding Heart Bakery was the bomb! ChiTown definitely has some great spots and holds it's own :)

But back to Disney...we had heard good things about Crystal Palace, and I'll admit I was a tiny bit hesitant going in because it was a buffet, but man, it was a real letdown! Especially since you have to stand around and wait a while even with a reservation - bummer! I have to say though, as many times as we've been to WDW, it's probably the only restaurant I've ever felt truly disappointed with. I have to credit these boards for our great dining experiences, because you all have helped us avoid the not-so-great spots. You guys rock!

Love Walker Brothers....

I always forget the death nail that kills any argument...the one thing Chicago has that no one else does...besides real polish food and a Maxwell St. Polish Sausage....Italian Beef Sandwiches...they are a gift from God and you can only really get them in Chicago

baymenxpac

You really need to go to Vegas...some of the biggest chefs in the world have great places there. NO is really nothing special. Everything besides the creole food i could get at any big city but is much better.

I really dont know who can like NY pizza. They say it is traditional yet traditional pizza is not greasy like NY. The best way to describe NY pizza is this...take a pizza box, put ketchup on it, and then some bad cheese, and a jar of grease then you have a NY pizza lol.

Vienna Sausages are very tasty...Chicago hot dogs without toppings are just better

dude, i can deal with the inane stuff over in the PI discussion thread, but don't jack a thread like this to spout ridiculous opinions as fact especially if you're going to rip new york pizza. and new orleans creole cooking.

seriously, go bears, cubs, white sox, 'hawks, bulls whatever. ferris bueller is the man. oprah for president. does that make everything better? now can we back on topic?

rsoxguy

dude, i can deal with the inane stuff over in the PI discussion thread, but don't jack a thread like this to spout ridiculous opinions as fact especially if you're going to rip new york pizza. and new orleans creole cooking.

seriously, go bears, cubs, white sox, 'hawks, bulls whatever. ferris bueller is the man. oprah for president. does that make everything better? now can we back on topic?

:lol: Hilarious, yet poignant. Good post.

Sans Souci

For me, it's Chefs de France. My first visit was way back in 2000 and it was lackluster across the board -- dry duck, bland sides, spotty service and loud, loud, loud.

On my most recent visit in October of last year, I decided to give them another try. They've had to improve, right? Not really. Again, I ordered the duck and again it was dry. Sides lacked any flavor. The table tilted and the server did try to fix it, but that was pretty much his only redeeming effort. Noise was horrific due to being seated next to a table of 8 who'd probably been indulging in too much of the Food & WINE Festival.

Bad food, inadequate service, annoying atmosphere . . . it may be another 11 years before I try it again.

My husband wants to eat here and I have politely tried to tell him that it is not a fan favorite. He is hell-bent on eating here, though. We each a few restaurants we want to try and this is one of his. I will just go in with low expectations. I can also do without the Remy roaming around. I cringed a bit when they put him in there.

AvengersWDW

Banned

Sorry i cant stop laughing...maybe reading would help and see that i did not attack creole cooking.

It all started because one guy said that he hates the food at WDW since supposedly Boston was the mecca of all food.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
to be honest... I often have to coach myself to realize where I am going. As many of you here know I am very critical of the dining options. Have I been to every restaurant? No, no where near it but I only have an opinion from what I have experienced. I guess I am lucky and unlucky at the same time.. I come from a major American city and so for me to go in with a blank slate is nearly impossible. I simply have never had a meal that floored me, one of the downsides of having a world of cultures and flavors in your backyard.

No offense but man i have never had a good meal in Boston...maybe it is because i am from Chicago and we have the best food in the country. Even with that i still find a lot of great food at Disney, V&A is the best dining i have ever had

Sorry i cant stop laughing...maybe reading would help and see that i did not attack creole cooking.

It all started because one guy said that he hates the food at WDW since supposedly Boston was the mecca of all food.

He didn't call Boston anything but a place that he enjoyed eating. It was you who started this argument.

Sans Souci

That is not how I took it. I thought living in a metropolitan area, he would have better access to lots of unique and ethnic restaurants while someone living in a rural area might not be.

It could be said about any major metropolitan area, IMO.

Don't be so belligerent.

AvengersWDW

Banned
That is not how I took it. I thought living in a metropolitan area, he would have better access to lots of unique and ethnic restaurants while someone living in a rural area might not be.

It could be said about any major metropolitan area, IMO.

Don't be so belligerent.

Then you did not get the point of my initial response. I said that i come from a city with even better dining options but i still enjoy the food at WDW.

Sans Souci

Then you did not get the point of my initial response. I said that i come from a city with even better dining options but i still enjoy the food at WDW.

I am from Chicago, too! :wave:

So, yeah, I get the point. I like the little ethnic areas. I like going to Devon for an Indian meal and I like Arygle for the Vietnamese and Thai food.

While I've had some good meals at WDW, I can't say I have had any that have knocked my socks off.

worldfanatic

Threads like this need to be taken with a "grain of salt".

I've seen several of the very best restaurants on WDW property mentioned as disapointments, which is fine, but certainly shouldn't scare anybody away.

Throw in a bunch of proud, sensitive types trying to defend their city's "best food" title and you've got a "ridiculous but entertaining" discussion.

There's no way to choose which city has the best food, it completely depends on what type of food you're considering.

However, it's very easy to choose a "most overrated" restaurant at Walt Disney World.

And it's not even close. (it's not a bad restaurant at all, just tremendously overhyped)

LE CELLIER......BY A FRIGGIN' LANDSLIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AvengersWDW

Banned
I am from Chicago, too! :wave:

So, yeah, I get the point. I like the little ethnic areas. I like going to Devon for an Indian meal and I like Arygle for the Vietnamese and Thai food.

While I've had some good meals at WDW, I can't say I have had any that have knocked my socks off.

If you get the chance and have the money you should go to Victoria & Alberts, it is amazing in every sense of the word

HouCuseChickie

This is tough b/c this is such a subjective matter. Also, every restaurant has it's off days. Take Tusker House...we had a bad breakfast there, but plenty of others have had wonderful meals.

And while I feel Le Cellier is the most over-hyped restaurant...it's also not bad. It's a far cry from the best steak of my life, but it's still not bad. i.e. I wouldn't turn down a meal there.

Boma and Coral Reef were the two that really were let downs for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom