Most Over Rated Restaurant at WDW.

AvengersWDW

Banned
As a New Yorker(neighbor) I would have to disagree about the best food city in America as would Travel and Leisure, Bon Appetit, Food and Wine, Esquire, Eater.com etc

Really? Especially since all those magazines and websites rank Chicago Restuarants better...all of them rank a Chicago restuarant as the best whether it be Alinea, Spaggia, Next, The Purple Pig, etc.

Its okay since New York has in inferiority complex when it comes to Chicago since we have better pizza and hot dogs too...

Boston is pretty average when it comes to food, New York is much better but really there are no places that can compete with LA, Chicago, New York or Las Vegas when it comes to food

AvengersWDW

Banned
Really? Especially since all those magazines and websites rank Chicago Restuarants better...all of them rank a Chicago restuarant as the best whether it be Alinea, Spaggia, Next, The Purple Pig, etc.

Its okay since New York has in inferiority complex when it comes to Chicago since we have better pizza and hot dogs too...

Boston is pretty average when it comes to food, New York is much better but really there are no places that can compete with LA, Chicago, New York or Las Vegas when it comes to food

Let me also throw in Charlie Trotter, Fontera Grille, Moto, L2O, Tru, etc all ranked as some of the best in the country.

EvilQueen-T

i'd split my decision between two second trips after the first time at each place was really good. our second trips to california grill and le cellier. bad service combined with food that was at best a cross between an applebee's and a denny's quality of food just about made me cry.

Rogue21

Viva la France! Or not.

For me, it's Chefs de France. My first visit was way back in 2000 and it was lackluster across the board -- dry duck, bland sides, spotty service and loud, loud, loud.

On my most recent visit in October of last year, I decided to give them another try. They've had to improve, right? Not really. Again, I ordered the duck and again it was dry. Sides lacked any flavor. The table tilted and the server did try to fix it, but that was pretty much his only redeeming effort. Noise was horrific due to being seated next to a table of 8 who'd probably been indulging in too much of the Food & WINE Festival.

Bad food, inadequate service, annoying atmosphere . . . it may be another 11 years before I try it again.

njDizFan

New York has an inferiority complex? That coming from the guy from the "second city"...

I would concur that Chicago is in the top 5 cities in America for food but if I had the patience right now I would post the links to all those magazines that I previously noted and yeah none of them ranked chicago over NY. The concsesus is NY, New Orleans, San Francisco, Chicago, Portland

rsoxguy

Taste in food is purely subjective. City, theme park, whatever. If you walk away from the table happy, you've had a good meal, and the opinions of others just don't matter.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
What have I Started?

Come on folks,this blog is about WDW not New York versus Chicago versus Boston.Anyway Dubai has the most awesome restaurants including three 7 star joints that has waiting lists 12 months in advance,costing $2000.00 for a five course,and that's not including tips.:ROFLOL:

AvengersWDW

Banned
New York has an inferiority complex? That coming from the guy from the "second city"...

I would concur that Chicago is in the top 5 cities in America for food but if I had the patience right now I would post the links to all those magazines that I previously noted and yeah none of them ranked chicago over NY. The concsesus is NY, New Orleans, San Francisco, Chicago, Portland

Lol wow i just cant stop laughing at the fact that you honestly think that

A. New Orleans and San Fran is better than Chicago
B. LA or Las Vegas is not in the top five

You have not read those magazines or been to the websites because if you did you would see Chicago ranked higher than New York in a lot of places...i named a few restaurants that have been named the BEST in the Country and they are not in New York buddy.

captainkidd

For us it was the California Grill, just didn't live up to the expectations.
View was great but was unimpressed with the food and found the service a bit OTT.
Maybe I was expecting too much

I 2nd this. First time we went there, it was very good. Last time, the menu wasn't very appealing, and the food was nothing special.

Cape May Cafe has to win for worst breakfast. Even for a buffet, it was still terrible.

ddbowdoin

I 2nd this. First time we went there, it was very good. Last time, the menu wasn't very appealing, and the food was nothing special.

Cape May Cafe has to win for worst breakfast. Even for a buffet, it was still terrible.

really? I mean... I found it to be pretty basic, sausage & bacon, eggs all that jazz and mickey waffles. I am uber critical of DISNEY when it comes to food but it's breakfast and even I found it to be decent. For 35 beans a person, no... but its characters and crap.

captainkidd

really? I mean... I found it to be pretty basic, sausage & bacon, eggs all that jazz and mickey waffles. I am uber critical of DISNEY when it comes to food but it's breakfast and even I found it to be decent. For 35 beans a person, no... but its characters and crap.

Yeah, I was very surprised by it. I figured all buffets would be the same. It wasn't just the quality of food, it was the selection. No pancakes, french toast, muffins.

njDizFan

Lol wow i just cant stop laughing at the fact that you honestly think that

A. New Orleans and San Fran is better than Chicago
B. LA or Las Vegas is not in the top five

You have not read those magazines or been to the websites because if you did you would see Chicago ranked higher than New York in a lot of places...i named a few restaurants that have been named the BEST in the Country and they are not in New York buddy.
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/food-for-men/best-restaurant-cities-122210
http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/20-best-food-cities
http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/americas-best-cities-for-foodies

this is not my opinion since I have not been to all these places but if you would like more information please do a simple google search and save my time.

AvengersWDW

Banned
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/food-for-men/best-restaurant-cities-122210
http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/20-best-food-cities
http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/americas-best-cities-for-foodies

this is not my opinion since I have not been to all these places but if you would like more information please do a simple google search and save my time.

Oh i have done google searches and they agree with me...thank you know for using some funny articles for me to laugh at while i read about how Alinea and Next have been named the best restaurants in America

Sans Souci

I did not care for Via Napoli. From what I was reading online, I was expecting a toe-curling dining experience. It wasn't horrible, it was just...over-rated.

We also had a waiter that kept giving me "the eye" and winking at me, which was really awkward.

goofykt

Haha...man we're gonna have a brawl here soon! I'm gonna have to agree with you on the better pizza. My husband is from Chicago and we lived downtown for a couple years before moving to New Orleans. Man I miss eating at the original Uno's on Ohio (the chain Uno's are crap compared to the original)...I've lived in major cities all over the country, and no one holds a candle to Chicago's pizza! Although, for anything other than pizza, I gotta go with my current city of New Orleans as having the best food in the country - sorry!

As for over-rated WDW restaurants - Crystal Palace is AWFUL! I thought the food was rubbery, gross and practically inedible. My family barely ate anything at our dinner and we walked down to Cosmic Ray's afterward to grab a burger because we were all still hungry afterward, lol

mickey2008.1

Ours was Le Chefs de France.

Read amazing reviews about the atmosphere and the food. I really researched the menus and pictures of the food and was very disappointed. The service was awful, the restaurant itself was over crowded and loud (we were practically sitting on the laps of the people next to us). The food was very bland and dry. And we also felt extremely rushed.

Perhaps again in the future we'll give this place another chance - but it's definitely on our "worst" list

We completely agree with this. Horrible food, crappy service, and the place was in poor shape. Close this place down and refurb it. I also vote this place for worst bathrooms on property.

AvengersWDW

Banned
Haha...man we're gonna have a brawl here soon! I'm gonna have to agree with you on the better pizza. My husband is from Chicago and we lived downtown for a couple years before moving to New Orleans. Man I miss eating at the original Uno's on Ohio (the chain Uno's are crap compared to the original)...I've lived in major cities all over the country, and no one holds a candle to Chicago's pizza! Although, for anything other than pizza, I gotta go with my current city of New Orleans as having the best food in the country - sorry!

As for over-rated WDW restaurants - Crystal Palace is AWFUL! I thought the food was rubbery, gross and practically inedible. My family barely ate anything at our dinner and we walked down to Cosmic Ray's afterward to grab a burger because we were all still hungry afterward, lol

The only thing i can give New Orleans over Chicago is French/Creole food. Ethnic in Chicago is just epic.

I agree with your statment about Crystal Palace, i am not a fan at all and that would be my worst restaurant at WDW

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

We've never had a "bad" meal at CP, just realized it was a buffet going in and didn't raise our expectations accordingly.

I'd personally vote for Coral Reef. Once you get past the entrees swimming by, the menu is limited, the noise can be deafening, and our experiences have always included less-than-stellar service.

And I'll agree with New Orleans with quite a bit of fine eating. The local cuisine is magnificent, as is the seafood and the dishes offered. And I've never had a better breakfast than a cup of fresh-ground coffee and a beignet at Cafe du Monde. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom