• 20.000 Leagues under the Sea

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • If you had wings

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Dreamflight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Journey into Imagination (the FIRST incarnation)

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • The Living Seas

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • World of Motion

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Wonders of Life (entire pavilion)

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Someting else I will mention in the thread...

Votes: 13 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vader2112

I miss the old Toontown Fair personally, I realise I may be the only one but I think the circus sucks
i don't dislike the circus to the poit it sucks but I will misss Toon town great place to escape the crowds. Especially during a hard ticket event no one ever there.

Dad 2 M & M

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was relly cool...I'll never forget riding it too soon after eating lunch....you can take a trip to DL and give it a try.

rufio

Am I allowed to miss things I never got to do? :confused: If so, I miss never having the opportunity to see Horizons. I watched the tribute video by @marni1971 (hooked up to my 50 inch TV) and fell in love. I'm so sorry I will never get to see it in person. :(

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
i don't dislike the circus to the poit it sucks but I will misss Toon town great place to escape the crowds. Especially during a hard ticket event no one ever there.
I do miss Toon and it was themed for children. Circus is more themed to the adult eye. Goofy, well aside from the queue, the Coaster isn't themed at all unless you consider chicken wire and 2x4's theming. My kids grew up in Toon, braved their first coaster, played on Donalds boat, enjoyed the playground and maze, before they went extinct along with Mickey's B-Day Party. Good memories.
It is... World show case is now Epcot the rest is slowly going away.
Considering how much there should be to do in FW, it is now SSE, TT and Soar'n and we are out. Much like our visits to AK.
I know that it may be weird to most on these forums, but I miss the Skyway.
My family did. I have a height phobia, so I'd walk just ahead of their sky vehicle, so they could where is Waldo Momma pushing the empty stroller with no kids in sight. lol.

I wrestle with what I miss more in Future World. When my kids were small we could spend 2 entire days in those pavilions. We went always for 2 weeks back then, in off season fall and we would always save FW for change of plans day, if it rained off to Future World. Ultimately I picked Imagination not only for the first attraction but how much enjoyment my small children had in the original, complete pavilion.

*Thinking the results still maybe squid a tad even without all of the above. I wonder how many of our members here actually experienced or really remember all of those attractions at WDW. My kids did get to experience them however the youngest doesn't recall some of them to well and she is turning 21 this month.

BryceM

Alien Encounter traumatized me as a little kid and now I have a fear of aliens. But hey, I wish I could ride it again! It was probably the scariest ride I'd ever been on and I remember screaming and shaking in my seat then just sitting still and crying.

Oh, what a fun day at the most magical place on Earth that was...

I vote "ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter" as the one attraction I miss the most! :D

The Empress Lilly

If You Had Wings - A fav of my sister and I. Quick and cheap, but awesome. The ride threw so much at you, constantly! I also miss a 'never any line' omnimover ride in the MK, a fun ride that's always there if you want to get one more ride in.

Toad - so much fun. And two for the price of one! Pooh is such a bore compared to the psychedelic frenzy of Toad.

But the Queen Mother of all is Horizons. As good as Pirates or the Mansion, but bigger than both combined. Soarin' floats you in front of an Imax. Horizons floated you in front of a double imax, for fun, as an effortless diversion.
Horizons also had heart, humour. The emphasis of both the ride system and the subject matter was an actual human being, not technology. Horizons had warmth, optimism, was forward-looking. Such a life-affirming experience.

Horizons's mural alone was better than anything lower case Epcot has ever built. Artistry on a vast scale:

horizons%20mural%203.jpg

The Duck

Being a Marc Davis fan, I miss World of Motion most of all. WoM was Marc's last major project for WDW and the attraction had his trademark humor all through it (although, some sources cite Ward Kimball for much of the design work). http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/wom.htm

It was a classic Disney ride that featured Omnimovers, the largest cast of AA characters ever assembled, and a catchy theme song ("It's Fun to be Free") composed by Disney Legends, X. Atencio and Buddy Baker.

It was a sad day when WoM was gutted and turned into Test Track. What was once known as "The Funny Ride" of Epcot Center now has all the magic and charm of a downtown parking garage.
Even if the new overlay of Test Track is a huge success, I'll always miss World of Motion.

s&k'smom

This is such a fun thread, when we visit the Haunted Mansion we always take a moment to pause in front of Mr. Toad's statue at the graveyard. Still miss him!

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
This is such a fun thread, when we visit the Haunted Mansion we always take a moment to pause in front of Mr. Toad's statue at the graveyard. Still miss him!

Actually I didn't know anything about the movie so I didn't enjoy the ride too much. The movie is nearly unknown in Germany and I didn't see it before last week. And although my last ride is a hell of a lot of time ago (in 1984) I now know what meanings the different elements in the ride have. E.g. the weasels, the "Not-so-shire" signs etc.

awesomeinabox

I don't miss the original JII as much as I miss Imageworks. I could probably suffice with the existing ride if they brought back Imageworks ( of course with a few updates to keep with technology).

Something you'll never hear on the forums " man I really miss The Radio Disney River Cruise". Holy smokes that thing was awful.

smw

Alien Encounter for sure. Other attractions hold more sentimental value, but based simply on the experience, definitely Alien Encounter. It was just nuts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom