• 20.000 Leagues under the Sea

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • If you had wings

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Dreamflight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Journey into Imagination (the FIRST incarnation)

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • The Living Seas

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • World of Motion

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Wonders of Life (entire pavilion)

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Someting else I will mention in the thread...

Votes: 13 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lee

Adventurer
Nothing else even comes close...

321502417_9wlkl-l.jpg

the.dreamfinder

Being a Marc Davis fan, I miss World of Motion most of all. WoM was Marc's last major project for WDW and the attraction had his trademark humor all through it (although, some sources cite Ward Kimball for much of the design work). http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/wom.htm

It was a classic Disney ride that featured Omnimovers, the largest cast of AA characters ever assembled, and a catchy theme song ("It's Fun to be Free") composed by Disney Legends, X. Atencio and Buddy Baker.

It was a sad day when WoM was gutted and turned into Test Track. What was once known as "The Funny Ride" of Epcot Center now has all the magic and charm of a downtown parking garage.
Even if the new overlay of Test Track is a huge success, I'll always miss World of Motion.
Agreed, I never had the opportunity to ride WoM when I was a kid. While the videos will never fully encapsulate the experience, it is easily one of the best rides WDI has ever made. It does something that only few rides can do, be timeless. Also, it FEELS like a Disney ride where you are transported into these fantastical settings. I really hope we one day get an updated version of that attraction.(Rip out TT excluding ending) Maybe Pete Docter and Teddy Newton can design it!

michmousefan

I also voted for Horizons, but if I was really lamenting I'd mention the loss of the EPCOT Teacher's Resource Center. Went in a couple of times with a teacher friend during the early years of Epcot Center and picked up lots of curriculum resources, games, science projects, reading lists, event ideas... all designed for teachers. All you had to do was show you were a teacher and you had access to a trove of stuff.

The space is now used by the Art of Disney (or is it the Disney Gallery) store in communicore west.

Bob Saget

For me, it's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea by far.

The attention to detail, the story, the organ music, the riding in a "real" submarine...I loved & miss every bit of this classic attraction.

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
I don't miss the original JII as much as I miss Imageworks. I could probably suffice with the existing ride if they brought back Imageworks ( of course with a few updates to keep with technology).

Something you'll never hear on the forums " man I really miss The Radio Disney River Cruise". Holy smokes that thing was awful.

Was it really that bad? They closed before I visited DAK for the first time in 2007.

BTW anyone here who actually did the former Swan Boats in MK?

ddbowdoin

I wish my memory was better... I was born in 1985 and my first visit was 1993 so I got a chance to see Epcot Center, as well as in 1996 but I just CAN'T REMEMBER! I think my parents brought us down because "that's what parents are supposed to do" so there was no hype like so many parents here do for their kids...

ps you're all awesome moms and dads!

GeneralKnowledge

Definitely deeply miss all of Old Future World. I remember spending hours just in Communicore. As excited as I was when Innoventions first opened, now that I'm older, I would love to go back and see Communicore again. Horizons is my all time favorite attraction. It had everything.... and it wasn't deadly like its replacement.

It truly is said that in the late 80's / early 90's, you could spend a day or two exploring Future World, and now you can see everything you really want to see in the matter of a couple hours.

ThankstoMOM

I frickin' loved 20,000 leagues, I miss sitting in those subs!!!! Will always be angry over what they did to Journey into imagination! Toads was alot of fun too.

pumpkin7

I've unfortunately never ridden any of them, but I voted for 20k because it looked the coolest.
Though I wouldn't have minded visiting Buzzy in the WoL Pavillion.

Wait! I tell a lie, I did experience The Living Seas. THAT was coolness right there. I say evict Nemo, put education back into that pavillion.

GeneralKnowledge

Although I did love Horizons so much, WoL was a classic too. I maintain to this day that Cranium Command was a comedic masterpiece. (As evidenced by my username and signature)

NADisney

Oh those 70's - 90's memories:

I voted for Mr.Toad's Wild Ride- just loved jumping from one side to the other, trying to guess what color automobile you would ride in while waiting in line.

If You Had Wings - was my secound - traveling into the globe ,and seeing the profectios of seagulls flying everywhere , turning into jet planes.

Mission to the Moon - the Mk original before Epcots Mission Space- watching the cealing, and floor projections of earth and the moom, while your seat rised and fall with the landing.

The Mickey Mouse Revue - The First Disney Character audio- animatronic show.

WoM - narrated by Gary Owens ( Laugh-In )- See The USA In You Chevrolet sung by Dina Shore.Speedrooms, and wacky situations with odd characters.

JiI -Bring back Dreamfinder , the DreamCatching Machine, and ImageWorks .

Kitchen Kabaret - Bonnie Appetit !! Anyone up for some Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit..Olay !

The Empress Lilly

BTW anyone here who actually did the former Swan Boats in MK?
In the early eighties, when we weren't amusing ourselves with throwing peanuts at young German tourists at the Miami Fontainebleau where we stayed, we went up to Orlando to do the Swan Boats.
mickey.gif

You had to wait forever for boats that were hot and overcrowd. But considering I was as much in love with the hub and castle as I am today, I loved the Swan Boats. You got an entirely different perspective of the area from the water, and going round the treehouse was cool. The boats were a bit similar to the WedWay. A relaxing ride through familiar surroundings, in the case fo the boats from below, not up. Boy did those castle walls look big from near the draw bridge!

The MK has many less experiences that just take you around the parks. There were Keelboats and canoes on the RoA, a Skyway above TL and FL, more vehicles on MS.
Se much fewer boats too, gone are said Keelboats and canoes and submarines and Swan Boats.

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
In the early eighties, when we weren't amusing ourselves with throwing peanuts at young German tourists at the Miami Fontainebleau where we stayed, we went up to Orlando to do the Swan Boats.
mickey.gif

You had to wait forever for boats that were hot and overcrowd. But considering I was as much in love with the hub and castle as I am today, I loved the Swan Boats. You got an entirely different perspective of the area from the water, and going round the treehouse was cool. The boats were a bit similar to the WedWay. A relaxing ride through familiar surroundings, in the case fo the boats from below, not up. Boy did those castle walls look big from near the draw bridge!

The MK has many less experiences that just take you around the parks. There were Keelboats and canoes on the RoA, a Skyway above TL and FL, more vehicles on MS.
Se much fewer boats too, gone are said Keelboats and canoes and submarines and Swan Boats.

How do you know that I stayed at the Fontainebleau? o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom