• 20.000 Leagues under the Sea

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • If you had wings

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Dreamflight

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Journey into Imagination (the FIRST incarnation)

Votes: 20 16.9%
  • The Living Seas

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • World of Motion

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Wonders of Life (entire pavilion)

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Someting else I will mention in the thread...

Votes: 13 11.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
Because I remember a German kid at the Fontainebleau, who looks exactly like your picture, should be your age, who stayed there somewhere 1981-82-ish.

What can I say? I've got a phenomenal memory.

Gotcha! I stayed at the Fontainebleau not before 1984. I also know why you know it, I mentioned it a looong time ago in another thread. But you still have a good memory if you remember what I wrote in that thread. :)

The Empress Lilly

Gotcha! I stayed at the Fontainebleau not before 1984. I also know why you know it, I mentioned it a looong time ago in another thread. But you still have a good memory if you remember what I wrote in that thread. :)
Gah! I'm found out! :oops:

My family used to have the same routine in the 80s. Fly to Miami, stay at the Fontainebleau a few days, and then on to Orlando. That's why I always remembered!

Spike-in-Berlin

Original Poster
Gah! I'm found out! :oops:

My family used to have the same routine in the 80s. Fly to Miami, stay at the Fontainebleau a few days, and then on to Orlando. That's why I always remembered!

Yep, the same with me, we either stayed at the Fontainebleau or at the Sheraton Bal Harbor. But the old Fontainebleau is dead. Ever stayed at the new one since the major refurb? We did in 2010 and I will never return, a sub-zero refrigerator with snotty little wanna-be models as the incompetent and rude staff, absolutely terrible.

PolynesianPrincess

My vote goes to Horizons. (All of the old Epcot Center, actually) but Horizons was my favorite. I loved the fact your rode sideways and the scenes were so incredibly detailed and the smell of the oranges in the orange grove.... My mom, my sister and I always talk about the orange smell. Anytime we smell anything orange we're always like "Horizons! It smells like oranges!!"

While I really like Test Track and Mission: Space is ok, I miss the classic dark rides WDW used to have. I for one am NOT a fan of this "interactive" stuff. It's like people can't live without their iPhones and iPads or something to keep them occupied in line for rides. We did just fine without that stuff growing up and this generation should be able to, too. I wish Disney would put the money they're spending on interactive queue's back into the attractions and I wish they would make more dark rides. Little Mermaid at MK is a start I guess...

Foolish Mortal

I have'nt read the entire thread but I'm sure someone mentioned Spaceship Earth with the Space stuff and when there was actually something to look at on the decent. AND no listening to Judy Dench !!

CinderellyKelly

I miss Who Wants to be a Millionaire. My family would play multiple times a trip and my brother and I got in the hot seat in the same show! It is totally dated, and I understand why it is gone, I just miss it.

AsanaDisney

After riding Journey into Imagination with Figment on my last trip to WDW and watching the video of the original attraction, I'd have to say that I would like to experience the original in person the most. I was disappointed by the current version and how much unused space is visible to guests while you are on the ride, it just feels incomplete. The original just had so much...well, imagination!

Ralphlaw

As I understand it, once an attraction consistently has fewer than 10% of the daily park guests going into it, it's gone. So if 30,000 people per day go through the turnstiles, and less than 3,000 go to that attraction, the attraction will eventually be replaced if the trend continues long enough. My wife and son heard this from an imagineer at a special lunch a while back. Mr. Toad, Horizons, etc . . . might all have been subject to this rule back when. Say what you will, but the numbers apparently don't lie. What about Carousel of Progress? Even Carousel of Progress brings in more than 10%, especially when the weather is unpleasant. It's also protected because of it's nostalgic qualities.

Skibum1970

I really enjoyed Body Wars and also the show where you viewed from inside the person's brain. It was all very cool to me and I was in my early 20's at the time. 20,000 Leagues was okay but not one that stands out.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Empress Lilly had an elegant and relaxing character breakfast.
Bfj2BUYCUAEPfjd.jpg

Matt_Black

I miss Alien Encounter, it was just wonderful. Honorable mention goes to Body Wars- every time I went, without fail, there was at least one puddle of vomit being cleaned up at the exit. I don't know what it was about that ride, as it's the same technology as Star Tours, but it just made people heave, and I got a perverse joy out of that.

steamboatjosh

I remember the Wonders of Life Pavilion when I went as a kid. It's a shame that I won't be able to do it when I go back. But oh well, all things come to an end eventually. Hopefully they will open up something cool in there.

Glasgow

I remember constantly asking my folks how far we were going underground in the old hydrolators. WDE used to design things to encourage you to use your imagination with clever tricks, instead of shoving it down your throat in LCD form.

Horizons would be my vote from the main choices, but 20Kluts is a close second. That octopus terrified me! Lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom