Most incredible thing you've heard when dealing with a Disney newbee.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I can't even count the amount of times come one has called Fantasmic Fantastic, Fantaisia and I have even heard someone call it Fantasma. And probably posted 10 times in this thread already I hear people say lets ride to the top of the golf ball. It's also funny how kids somehow get the idea that when your looking over the World Showcase that your really looking over at the actual countries.

NewfieFan

I helped a family plan their first trip (as in, I spent hours at their house going over every detail of WDW and how to tour the parks) and when they returned she even called me to thank me for my advice. I asked about specific stuff they did and when I asked about Wishes she said they skipped it. They tried one night to see it (they were there for 10 days) and apparently someone stood in front of them so they left the park and went back to the resort. She was really upset that someone would stand in front of them and assumed she wouldn't be able to see the show! :eek:

Weather_Lady

This past weekend a friendly cashier at the supermarket asked about the Mickey ear balloons I'd just had inflated in the floral department. I said we were using them to announce to our kids that they'd be going on their first trip to Disney World. She said, "Oh, I LOVE that place. My friend is going to Disney next month to see 'Winter' the dolphin!!!" I didn't want to dampen her enthusiasm when she was just trying to be sweet and conversational, so I just smiled and said, "Yep! We love dolphins!"

Then when I got home I Googled to see what she was talking about. Apparently, Winter is a famous dolphin (with its own feature film) with a prosthetic tail, who lives in Florida's Clearwater Marine Aquarium.

Afondz

I sorta have to blame recent DisneyParks commercials for this (more common than you'd think) misconception. Think about it. What if you didn't frequent the internet as much as most of us do here? What if you're planning your first WDW vacation, and basing your opinion solely on the DisneyParks TV ad's that are shown? All you see in those ad's representing DisneyParks is...MK. You see a princess standing in front of the castle where your child can run up and hug her without any sort of wait. You get a brief glimpse of: Teacups, Dumbo, the drop on Splash, and more character hugging. That is how all of WDW is represented nowadays in most TV ad's. So what do you conclude based on this? That WDW is an amusement park with mostly outdoor fun rides (Teacups, Dumbo-style), with a castle in the middle. I can't remember the last time a WDW TV ad has even hinted there are multiple parks, dining/shopping complexes such as DTD, and not everything is contained inside of MK.

Of course, it is rather foolish to plan a trip based on TV ad's alone, and not research everything there is to offer. But you may be surprised...
That's a really a good point, I've never thought about it that way. Touche!

The MaD Hatter

Several years ago, we stood behind a woman in line waiting for the bus back to our resort. All she was doing was complaining how bland and boring WDW is. She then told her friend that they should go to Universal because they had actually cloned real dinosaurs to put in their park. I assume she was referring to Jurassic Park at IOA, but she was dead serious about there being live dinosaurs there! o_O

Mawg

I can't even count the amount of times come one has called Fantasmic Fantastic, Fantaisia and I have even heard someone call it Fantasma. And probably posted 10 times in this thread already I hear people say lets ride to the top of the golf ball. It's also funny how kids somehow get the idea that when your looking over the World Showcase that your really looking over at the actual countries.

Ever hear Epcock?

Monkee Girl

I get boggled at some of the really left field comments or actions that come from people. I remember the first time I went to Disney with my sister. She hadn't been there since we were kids and never ate at any of the restaurants. This was my second trip 'as an adult' so I knew my way around. My party of 4 had dinner at Le Cellier one night and while waiting for our meal, my sister just takes one of the bread sticks out of the holder and just starts eating it...you know: the long pretzel bread sticks that you are supposed to break off into pieces so everything can taste it...no...not the sis...she takes the whole thing and just starts chomping.

My cousin and I looked at her like she had four heads and it was so funny because she had no idea what the problem was. We then told her the purpose of the sticks was to take a little; that's why there were 4 different types of bread. Her reply was "oh! there was 4 so I thought there was one for each of us!" We still all crack up at her 'lack of class' that day.

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
I get boggled at some of the really left field comments or actions that come from people. I remember the first time I went to Disney with my sister. She hadn't been there since we were kids and never ate at any of the restaurants. This was my second trip 'as an adult' so I knew my way around. My party of 4 had dinner at Le Cellier one night and while waiting for our meal, my sister just takes one of the bread sticks out of the holder and just starts eating it...you know: the long pretzel bread sticks that you are supposed to break off into pieces so everything can taste it...no...not the sis...she takes the whole thing and just starts chomping.

My cousin and I looked at her like she had four heads and it was so funny because she had no idea what the problem was. We then told her the purpose of the sticks was to take a little; that's why there were 4 different types of bread. Her reply was "oh! there was 4 so I thought there was one for each of us!" We still all crack up at her 'lack of class' that day.

I don't think I would have known that! :eek:

StupidJudy

Several years ago, we stood behind a woman in line waiting for the bus back to our resort. All she was doing was complaining how bland and boring WDW is. She then told her friend that they should go to Universal because they had actually cloned real dinosaurs to put in their park. I assume she was referring to Jurassic Park at IOA, but she was dead serious about there being live dinosaurs there! o_O
Lol, I actually think she was referring to Jurassic Park the MOVIE. :rolleyes:

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
The MaD Hatter said:
Lol, I actually think she was referring to Jurassic Park the MOVIE. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid that still wouldn't make that statement correct. :D

THEMEPARKPIONEER

When I worked at DL last year, this man and his family got stuck one of the attractions for maybe 30 mins (I completely forgot which one. May have been Matterhorn), and just for that, he wanted us to comp him multi-day park hopper tickets for his family of five, a free five night stay at the Grand Californian and free food for those five days in the park. Yeah.

When an attraction breaks down while you're in line or on the ride, you're allowed to come back at a later time during the day and ride when it's back up without having to wait in line again. I was working Alice in Wonderland one day and this family of three came up and told me Alice had broken down on them a year ago while visiting and they wanted to ride. I couldn't believe my ears. These people waited an entire year just to abuse the system. As much as I didn't want to, I let them on anyways. I was ed.

It I think I know what ride he is talking about you can say its long gone LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom