Most Heart Warming Feeling

figment's bud

nothing makes me more excited than driving under the Walt Disney World sign! that's when I realize it's actually happening, I'm officially inside and in for a ton of fun!:sohappy:

It's the same for me. We are all in the car and when we pass under the sign the whole car explodes in a cheer! Also when we watch the opening ceremony at the MK and are some of the first ones in and Main Street is durn near empty when we turn the corner, doesn't get much better. January cannot get here fast enough :ROFLOL:

Matt and Kelly

Knowing that for a week at least, I can foget the outside world and just relax and be a kid again.

You're bang on! Just being in the World, knowing that you can let the troubles of the outside world slip away for a while is the thing I look forward to the most.

That first day spent at MK, usually the first day of the trip, is always a great feeling. Getting to the park early to take in the opening ceremony is the best way to kick off the vacation.

Spike-in-Berlin

Like most here, first arrival at the MK, walking down Main Street, hearing the approaching WDW Railroad and her bell and in the background the BGM loop. Seeing the castle in the background and smelling the sweets and bakery sold at Main Street, yes that's the first moment but I finally have the tears in my eyes when I watch Wishes on the first evening and during the finale the choir sings to the melody "When you wish upon a Star" and the largest rockets are bursting in the air. Then I hold my GF very tight and we know "YES, finally we are HOME again".

PolynesianPrincess

Definitely walking into MK the first day of the trip.... Or any park for that matter!! I get goosebumps... Also sitting on the curb on Main Street USA and seeing the faces of the little ones waving to their favorite characters as the parade rolls by :)

Radiorox

Walking into the hotel after a whole day of work + 4 hour drive and hearing a Cast Member say "Welcome Home!"

That totally made my day! :)

Jackie

sittle

We took our first trip with our children (3 of em) this past February... We had always told the children that we were going to "Uncle Walts place"...

As we walked up main street, and got close to the hub, my son (almost 3 at the time) asked "Who was the man with Mickey" in regards to the Partners statue at the hub, I took a knee and told him that was Uncle Walt.

He cracked a big smile and waved his hand and said "Hello, Uncle Walt!" .... I had to hurriedly get the family moving as I was about to start blubbering, I had tears welling up... it really choked me up. Great memory!

Dads 2 Boys

Since we just got back, I can say definitively for me it's the first full view down Main St. I ran up the stairs to view it from the top of the train station and it brought me to tears!

ACTKK

The first time I saw the Spaceship Earth at Epcot I was 12 years old. I return to the park 20 years later and the feeling was exactly the same: Home.:animwink:

hankhill

The first time down Main St in MK is that feeling that MAKES it Disney. It's always the same but you remember those previous times and that feeling is like a wave or nostalgia crashing on top of you reminding you of the first time you had this feeling, the first time you had it with your kids and the like. Thats what Disney does that no other place does. It connects you with another time.

For me its Wishes! I cry like a baby just watching those fireworks and hearing the song and watching my girls sing along. So if you see a 6 ft 2 240LB man blubbering like an idiot watching Wishes this December you will know who it is.

:xmas:

WASaMATTR

Each of us has special moments that remind us of one of the greatest vacation spot in the world. A lot of posters made me think of when I was younger and the first time I vacationed at Disney World and made me smile. Now that I’m older, it still holds a very special spot in my life and each time I plan a trip I get just as excited.

Here’s mine warm and fuzzy moments:

Booking the trip = waiting for months for the day we finally get to go to Disney
Driving down I4 = Seeing all of the signs for the Resort and getting closer and closer
Arriving at the resort = Pulling up in our car, giving our name, parking, and then jumping out of the car (and almost running) to check in
Getting the “keys” to the room = Finally getting into the room and taking a big breath of that Disney “air”. There’s a smell (probably the dirty filter) but it links me to when I was little and finally being on vacation at my favorite place (no matter how old I am now).
Finally getting to a Park = Which ever Park, it doesn’t matter, I’m at Disney. But each park has something special to me:

MK = Walking under the train station, smelling the popcorn, seeing all of the characters, and then you see it. Cinderella’s Castle. No matter how many times I see it, it still amazes me how beautiful it is.
EC = Although SSE is the Icon, I get the warm and fuzzies after I pass SSE, walk up the slight hill, pass the fountain, and look out onto the World Showcase. What a sight!
DHS = Seeing my Favorite Character’s “Hat” as I walk down Hollywood Blvd.
AK = Walking through the Oasis and seeing the tree of life.

Besides physically being there, the things that get me all warm and fuzzy are watching the Disney TV commercials, the you tube videos, and reading the posts on this site.

Thank you all for taking me away for the few moments as I read and day dream back to my favorite place.

Unomas

To me there isn't a more heart warming,feel good all over moment in Disney than entering the Magic Kingdom, turning the corner onto Main St and seeing that castle! Its just feels "Right" and this august will mark our 37th trip and I guarentee I'll have goosebumps when I take that turn onto Main St...guarenteed.....can you think of any more "moments"?

That is it for me too. Such a great moment every time.

real mad hatter

great blog

Wow,Reading all these is bringing back so many memories.Our first visit from Scotland was in 2004 and seeing is believing,M/K and the castle,infact just about everything including our last night when our 6 year son while watching the fireworks for the last time looked up and said "Thanks mum and dad,this was the best hol ever,maybe if we save up hard we can come back again".Well talk about a tear jerker,anyway,we do save hard and next year will be our 5th trip.Got to remember to bring those tissues:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom