Most Heart Warming Feeling

Susan Savia

Rounding the bend into Epcots parking lot and seeing Spaceship Earth up ahead and then walking thru the turnstyles and my 25 year old son saying, "We're here Mom" to me.

Scooter

For me, it's the leisurely ride on the Friendships from Disney Studios to Boardwalk/and or Epcot. The views are spectacular, like nothing you can see anywhere else in the world. It's a must do for my wife and I every trip.

Dads 2 Boys

For me it's definitely "the walk" into MK. The anticipation of walking through the train station and then the feeling of "ahhhhh" as we walk into Town Square.

Also, as a few others have said, seeing children (especially mine) light up is a big deal. My boys are making their 2nd trip (1st in 07) this October and I cannot wait to make that walk with them again!!!! When I think of it, I actually do get a little emotional....only WDW can do that.

sophia

The feeling when you first arrive to MK is definitely hard to top. Just being there, sights, smells, the fact that just about everyone is a little nicer and courteous. It is very interesting

Meeko's Mom

When you arrive to check in and they say "Welcome Home" and also walking into Magic Kingdom after you pass through the tunnels under the Railroad Station, you look up and see Main St. U.S.A. and Cinderalla's Castle. :sohappy:

Mukta

That feeling comes in layers. It starts when my plane lands. A layer is added on DME. I love the feeling of entering the Beach Club. When I enter EPCOT through the International Gateway and I look over all the countries in the still of the morning, that is the best feeling in the world.

SHAUN39

Other than walking into the atrium of the Polynesian,I have to say and no matter how many times ive done it,looking up Main Street and looking at the castle.:wave:

Sarabell

nothing makes me more excited than driving under the Walt Disney World sign! that's when I realize it's actually happening, I'm officially inside and in for a ton of fun!:sohappy:

lbrad

The day that I had my heart attack! :D

Ok, that wasn't exactly heart "warming", but I got over it.

The first is when we exit Rt4 onto EPCOT Center drive and see the entrance sign over the road.

The second, I don't know if it qualifies as heartwarming but when we stop and find my parent's brick at the entrance to Magic Kingdom. My mom was a huge Disney nut and they came down two or three times a year. She loved the place. My dad just loved doing anything with my mom.
My mother died from pancreatic cancer in April of 09. My dad died from pancreatic cancer in December of 10. Their brick means a lot to my family now as a memorial.

So sorry for your loss ...what precious memories your must have....treasure them always<3

i get chills when we see the walt disney world archway. it's just a feeling of satisfaction, knowing we are there and that we are about to have a blast. can't wait to surprise my kids when the see it in a couple more weeks:sohappy:

Susan Savia

For us it's always been rounding the bend into Epcot's parking lot and seeing Spaceship Earth looming ahead and then moments later walking up that ramp to ride on it and realizing, "We're here!"

Agent1964fem

what a awesome thread !

I have several

When the plane lands and we take the tram over to the buses.
Walking into the resort for the first time....(we have a tradition that when we arrive at our room we take pictures of the boys getting into our room ..its mind blowing to see how much they changed threw the years.)
Walking down Main Street Disney .

Wilderness Lodge 1997
Caribbean Beach 2003
Port Orleans - Riverside 2005
Wilderness Lodge 2007
Polynesian 2009
Contemporary 2011

plaz10

It comes in phases...

at first...it's walking to Magical Express and seeing the signs and the busses.

then it's going under the sign.

then it's hearing the transportation spiel on the bus.

it really HITS me on Spaceship Earth. Smell of the queue. Then the "like a grand and miraculous spaceship." (and any narration voice will do.) That's when it's like "HEY. I'm at Disney World. That place I dream about and spend all my time thinking about? I'm actually here, finally!" ]

Then I tear up during most of the ride. Amazing.

forevermickey

For me, the whole arrival process is great. First, riding on the ME filled with anticipation. Walking away from check-in with your room keys in hand. Waiting for my fist bus to MK, and everything culminating with that first view of the castle on Main Street.

I was just thinking the same thing as I read through every ones post. I feel the same way... the anticipation.... getting on the plane.. arriving at Orlando Airport! That's when it starts----it's like Christmas eve as a child ... the anticipation for Christmas morning!:sohappy: Then arriving at your home away from home! Then either taking the monorail or a boat/ferry to the MK :sohappy: oh the excitement and then has you walk under the train station and enter onto Main Street......the it is..Cinderella Castle:eek: so beautiful......Then off to find many adventures each one tugging at your heart in a different way. Epcot gets me as well... Spaceship Earth.. the site of it! and the World Showcase as well..... just breathtaking and butterflies in the stomach:) There are a couple hotels that tuck at my heart strings as well.... Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian Resort, Caribbean Beach Resort.... then the monorail..... who doesn't adore it and just get filled with excitement to be on it.......

forevermickey

Now that I listed all the WDW heart warming/tugging ... I do have a few moments/memories. My daughter was 2 1/2 on her first trip (she is now 5). I remember the first time she seen Minnie and Mickey performing on the castle stage. She stood watching in wonder waving to them from afar.
Every time she meets the princesses as well as Minnie and Mickey my heart swells with emotions and the tears come rushing in.....and the first time she met Ariel at the Grotto, Ariel gave her a kiss on the cheek and left her lip stick imprint, so cute! (usually this would of grossed me out LOL, but it's Disney and it's Ariel!) All these memories we have photographs of and I get to relive the moment each time I see them :)

disneylemons

Its like a day long event for us..drive 3 hours to the airport - fly - ME.then when we arrive at the resort it starts... then the first hop on the monorail seems to make it like we are REALLY there! I get goosebumps as soon as I hit Main Street and see the castle.. my kids are older and we still have a blast and I still love seeing them excited about being there!@

Edeyore

One of mine is getting on the shuttle from the plane to the main terminal at Orlando Airport. I am not sure if it is still the same, I haven't been in a while, but I swear the voice on the shuttle sounded like the same person that does some of the WDW voice overs.

The Andrews

Totally agree!

When my little girl rounds the corner in MK and screams, "THE CASTLE" THE CASTLE" its an awesome moment and even this all american man get teary eyed. Its Priceless!! And I look forward to it every year!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom