Most Heart Warming Feeling

Kristamouse

This may sound silly but for me it is TTA:) My childhood vacations didn’t included WDW and my DH only had a vague memory of the place. We went on one very short day trip right before we were married and vowed to come back as soon as possible and one day bring our children back. We didn’t know less than two years later we would come back and bring our TWO kids We got married 4 weeks after that trip and had our 1st child by our 1st anniversary and our 2nd child 13 months after that. On a road trip to FL to meet our families in Naples for a beach vacation we decided, on the drive down, to stay in WDW for the night and take the babies to MK for the day before we headed to Naples. We got up super early and were at TTA by like 7.00 AM on a beautiful day early in March. It was relativity quite in TTA and as I was holding our tickets, it hit me, I was in DISNEY WORLD with my husband and two babies! That day was Magical with our new family in our new Laughing Place. I get all warm inside now thinking about how blessed we were and still are to be able to take our family to a truly wonderful place. Now I always take a moment in TTA to gather myself and give thanks before we enter the craziness of Main Street. Can’t wait for our surprise trip in September, only 69 days till we leave:sohappy:

jmenjes

Going under the Welcome to Walt Disney World signs...that's when it hits me that I'm back "home."

And then walking under the train station into Town Square, making the turn, and seeing Cinderella Castle...the best feeling in the world.

jlevis

It starts with the planning for the next trip, deciding which ADR's to get loading the car and starting the drive. When we're finally there and we board the ferry to the Magic Kingdom and we see the Grand Floridian, Polynesian and Space Mountain appear it really hits. Two of my grandsons just left and we traded pins so it's getting warmer.

kybred72

The feeling when you first arrive to MK is definitely hard to top. Just being there, sights, smells, the fact that just about everyone is a little nicer and courteous. It's as close as you can be to being on a different planet.

Wholeheartedly agree with this statement! Even reading this post brings up a lot of warm, fuzzy feelings for me!

Getting on Magical Express. I mean, it's just a stupid bus, but it's so much more because it takes you to WDW.

The first ride on the monorail through the Contemporary. Something about that resort just says "you're in Disney World" to me.

Like the OP said, turning the corner on Main Street and seeing the castle. It never gets old.

MaxsDad

Haven't read all the posts, but ...

The feeling you have after experiencing The American Adventure in World Showcase. It just says, "We rock."

Lakermouser

Most Heartwarming

This does it for me.....

P1110880.jpg

Pooks

I know when I'm finally there and everything about to begin when I enter MK and step out from under the station and have a good look round and everything and begin to take in the atmosphere.

Let the fun begin....:lol:
^^^^
This! :D

The Empress Lilly

Riding the monorail to EPCOT, my face glued to the window in excited anticipation of SSE, like a little puppy at the front door when he's heard his owners coming home...

Reading the attraction posters underneath MS train station. I check them all out, to heighten the anticipation a bit more...

Disney61

The night before we check in on property we stay in DTD at one of the plaza hotels. Watching the loop of Stacy and her describing the list of must do's makes us realize the fun is about to begin:)

Thomas morrow

Seeing my 52 year old wife knowing all the challenges she has overcome in her life especially having to grow up quick and miss some of her childhood. Watching the daytime parade waving at all the princeses with a huge smile on her face and acting like a little kid its the best feeling in the world

mrsdanalind

Heart warming sights

To me there isn't a more heart warming,feel good all over moment in Disney than entering the Magic Kingdom, turning the corner onto Main St and seeing that castle! Its just feels "Right" and this august will mark our 37th trip and I guarentee I'll have goosebumps when I take that turn onto Main St...guarenteed.....can you think of any more "moments"?

Driving under the WELCOME TO DISNEY WORLD Sign..
Seeing the Castle ( or Mickeys house as my 4 year old granddaughter calls it)
Seeing the "big golf ball" Spaceship Earth and riding on it
Seeing The big Wizards hat at DHS.
Seeing the Tree of Life from the sky as we are landing..
Knowing that for a week at least, I can foget the outside world and just relax and be a kid again. :lol::eek::sohappy::xmas:

BigRedDad

I don't think there is just one for me. I think much of mine come since losing my dad. When that happened, I started to see things in a different light and remember more.

These are the little things, but there are so many more.

1. The Contemporary: We always stayed in Ft Wilderness with a large group. The kids would get banished to The Contemporary to give the adults a break.

2. Pop Century: This was the last time my dad was there. He and my daughter tried on every hat in the store laughing and giggling.

3. Popcorn on Main St: I was 3 or 4. My dad just bought a popcorn as we walked in (~1973). I proceed to drop it right on the ground. My dad got upset, the Disney crew was already cleaning it up, and another bringing a new one.

dixiegirl

Wow, so many, but definatly have to agree walking down Main street and see the castle for the first time on your trip.....No feeling like it(I get all goosebumby and teary eyed thinking about it) That full feeling in your chest, love that! Also love the start of the parades like spectro or my new fav The electric light parade....just the start of the music......God I could go on and on.....Gotta say as many times as we've gone ....It truly never gets old!!!
I love being able to just act like a big kid ......with my other big kid(the hubby) and our two girls!!!!!

I mean where else can I walk around with mickey ears or get my face painted ? and it totally normal?:)

Rlevy33663

Mco

Coming from New York, stepping off that airplane at MCO always gives them a warm feeling. The smell of the airport, as crazy as that sounds, makes me feel like I'm home again. I can remember the excitement I felt as a little kid getting off that plane and feeling the Floridian warmth overcome you as you forget the chill of New York. Cheesy, but true.

njDizFan

Coming from New York, stepping off that airplane at MCO always gives them a warm feeling. The smell of the airport, as crazy as that sounds, makes me feel like I'm home again. I can remember the excitement I felt as a little kid getting off that plane and feeling the Floridian warmth overcome you as you forget the chill of New York. Cheesy, but true.
Agreed getting off the airplane and stepping into the MCO airport. Getting on the MCO monorail and feeling the FLA warmth makes it official for me.

Also, walking into the MK for that first day, stopping buy the MS bakery and having a cheese danish while going over the itinerary for the day is the best life can get.

bgoebel

It's a random one but waiting in the queue line for pots!! It brings back memories from going as a child and the sights, smells, even the cool breeze found in the line bring back the warmest onset memories and it's not an official trip til I am in that Line!

bgoebel

It's a random one but waiting in the queue line for pots!! It brings back memories from going as a child and the sights, smells, even the cool breeze found in the line bring back the warmest onset memories and it's not an official trip til I am in that Line!

Darn spellcheck! I was trying to abbreviate pirates of the caribbean instead it changed it to pots would be maybe construed as magic teacups which is nice and all but my warmest memory comes from queue line of p.o.t.c.
Those crazy chess playing skeletons

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom