Most Beautiful Thing WDI has ever done . . . ?

yensidtlaw1969

Original Poster
Imagineering has created many a beautiful thing, be it a park, a prop, an attraction, whatever. What I'm asking you is what do YOU think their most beautiful project has been to date? It can be beautiful Visually, emotionally, the way it sounds, whatever. Pretty much anything goes. Then explain why.

For me, I'm pretty torn. I think the Tree of Life is a work of Art on many levels, Horizons was beautiful in that it showed that there is hope for the Future, Spaceship Earth literally defies physical laws of the Universe, Disneyland is the start of Everything WDI did, and Remember Dreams Come True is a beautiful tribute to that on all levels.

So what do YOU think is beautiful?

Yensid "She waned him not to be decieved by appearances, for Beauty is found within" tlaw1969

Uponastar

Great thread!
I tried to think of one thing in particular that moves me to tears. Music, mostly does that to me. So I would have to pick the song "America, Spread your Golden Wings" from the American Adventure. That does it every time.

DisneyWales

Illuminations

I have to say Illuminations, as someone who works in the (TV and Events) Lighting. I love the work Disney have done on Illuminations, all the elements together, Video, Fire, Fireworks, Syncrolites etc etc, its just a fantastic show.

The Music and narrative inspires me everytime and I love to watch it over and over. I could really go on and on. I love both the technical achivments and the sybolic representation of this show.

If anyone is intrested check my profile for a link to my site with a Multi Shot video of Illuminations, Wishes and Hallowishes. Im hoping to add Fantasmic and Boo to you soon.

Pongo

See: Everything from atop Astro-Orbiter

Smell: Redwoods on Soarin'

Taste: Macaroni and Cheese from Sunshine Seasons

Touch: The sand in the bottom of the Yacht and Beach club pool

Hear: IllumiNations soundtrack

SpectroMan

Spaceship Earth, Paris's castle, Epcot's landscaping, Carousel of Progress, The American Adventure, SpectroMagic, and Reflections of Earth are on the top of my list.

dxwwf3

See: Tree of Life

Smell: Oranges on Horizons

Taste: Mickey Premium Bar

Touch/Feel: The hot breath on the back of your neck in AE

Hear: Binuaral sounds on AE

dandaman

I'd agree with Dot and say, "Golden Dream" from The American Adventure. Definetely my favourite World Showcase attraction, by far. Illuminations follows at a close second. Musical scores usually hit me the hardest, emotionally.

SirGoofy

See:Wishes

Smell:The monorail :D

Taste: CHURROS!(Even though they really didnt invent them)

Touch/Feel: The feeling of dread in ToT

Hear:One Little Spark

Littlebit

I think Cinderella Castle is a beautiful building....aesthetically, DLP's Sleeping Beauty Castle is probably even nicer in some peoples' eyes, but since I live closer to WDW and the vast majority of my "Disney trips" have been to WDW, I have more emotional attachment to that castle.

There are several Disney-related songs that are so beautiful that they bring me to tears..."Believe" from DL did it, as does the finale of Fantasmic.

Tokyo Disney Sea is a beautiful park in its entirety...the attention to detail is simply amazing, IMHO.

Tuddle

DisneyWales said:
If anyone is intrested check my profile for a link to my site with a Multi Shot video of Illuminations, Wishes and Hallowishes. Im hoping to add Fantasmic and Boo to you soon.

those were the best videos ive ever seen great job:D are you gonna put them up for download

ICP06

For pure heart-strings-tugging, I'd have to say Wishes.

I think SSE is very beautiful though, both in terms of structure and the attraction itself.

When it comes to being at one with nature, I'd have to say either Epcot in general... Or Frontierland at dusk. That place takes on a whole new glow when the sun has gone down-but it's not dark yet. Pure magic!

ICP06

DisneyWales

Videos

At the moment i have no plans to but them up for download (Partially because i dont know how to). If you have Quicktime Pro you can save them. And i think when i get iLife 06 i can post them as Video Podcasts so people can download them. But for now no plans. Ill try to get Fantasmic up by the end of tonight (UK time). However Fantasmic is hard to film so im not to happy with the quality of my Fantasmic Video.

DisneyWales

Littlebit said:
I think Cinderella Castle is a beautiful building....aesthetically, DLP's Sleeping Beauty Castle is probably even nicer in some peoples' eyes.

I have to say Cinderella Castle is my favorite, as nice as DLRP castle is, it just doesn't have the magesty that WDW's castle does, Cinderella Castle Demands your attention, you cant help but be inspired buy it. Whereas Sleeping Beauty castle is very nice, but not "Awe-inspiring"

Uponastar

dandaman said:
I'd agree with Dot and say, "Golden Dream" from The American Adventure. Definetely my favourite World Showcase attraction, by far. Illuminations follows at a close second. Musical scores usually hit me the hardest, emotionally.

Danny! You're Canadian. I find that very interesting. It is really beautiful though. (And now I know its proper name! :lol: )

Please get rid of the avatar

New2WDW

I just love the detail that goes into everything Disney does! My favorite area is Fantasyland inside the Magic Kingdom with the Castle as a backdrop.

Enderikari

I gotta say Cinderella Castle at the MK as well, nothing inspires more magical feelings than seeing Cinderella Castle, for the first or the five thousandth time...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom