Most annoying things people say that not true

niteobsrvr

I love the people who come out of the Magic Kingdom late in the day and wander over to the resort bus loop looking for the parking lot.

When you tell them it is on the other side of the big lake, they don't beleive you. It ain't like we moved it in the 8 hrs they were in the park.

Then you ask them what was the first ride they went on at the Magic Kingdom that day and they inevitably say the Ferryboat or the Monorail.

Oh and one more......

Where is this bus going????

Of course the bus is sitting in the All-Star Sports Load zone at the Magic Kingdom. What are the chances it is going to Old Key West?
Most of the busses have brand new destination signs that work fairly decently. Also, as a point of reference, there are two signs. One on the front of the bus and the other on the side near the front door. Guess what? They say the same thing.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Random Lady on a WDW bus talking to her Husband: "Oh... lets go to MGM and ride Back to the Future"

Me saying nicely: "Oh....uhhh thats in Universal Studios :) "

Random Lady gets evil: "NO!!! ITS NOT!!! Its in MGM!! I've been there before and ridden it 10 times!!"

Me: "Ok... super! Have a great time!" :) :wave:

This is not anything about a ride or confusion about a park, but the most annoying thing I heard last week on a bus was 2 families complaining about "how expensive Disney is". And they were very loud about it. This gets on my nerves so bad. Yes it is a little expensive, but to me it is worth it. If you think it is too expensive, GO HOME. Don't kill my Magic by complaining and moaning.

*gets off soap box*

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by Merlin
So don't tell me that Paradise Pier is some sort of "salute to California's carnival history". What "carnival history"???

I won't tell you Paradise Pier is a salute to a "carnival".
Nope.

It's a salute to seaside amusement parks.
Like Santa Monica Pier...Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk...Belmont Park...

MichRX7

Premium Member
Originally posted by SpongeScott
In defense of some people, at one point and time, the Magic Kingdom WAS Disney World. Maybe they are just old-school.

I was getting ready to say that...I can remember going the year after it opened. (*ahem*, of course I was really young at the time)

My most annoying things are...

People who call WDW, DL and vice-versa

And on our last trip to DL we had a bus driver from the campground who had all his Disney facts wrong, and than went on to tell everyone on the bus that if he was going to an amusement park he'd take his kids to Six Flags...it took all my will power not to backhand him on my way out of the bus...

mrtoad

Originally posted by meeko_33785

3) Saying that Walt's criogenically frozen body is located at [insert MK location here].

I always thought he was just packed in dry ice...:animwink:

diegorivera2

That current park management (with the possible exception of Marty Sklar) is concerned only with turning a profit.

Wait a minute, that *is* true. Hmm. I guess I was hoping the question was 'Things that are true that we wish weren't. . ."

Oh well. :brick:

Pippa

Well looking at everyones gripes I think I have the mother of all annoying phrases...........

When talking to people who have never been to WDW they say, "yes but Disney World is just for kids" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

:brick:
:fork:
:zipit:

I feel better for getting that off my chest!

mrtoad

I have to agree and go with people who refer to the Magic Kingdom as WDW. Yeah we went to Epcot the first day, Disney the second day, MGM the third day, etc...

Even when it was the only park it was the MK and the world was the MK, the resorts, golf course, etc.

And also the calling of WDW as Disneyland. Gets to me.

Erika

Originally posted by DMC-12
Random Lady on a WDW bus talking to her Husband: "Oh... lets go to MGM and ride Back to the Future"

Me saying nicely: "Oh....uhhh thats in Universal Studios :) "

Random Lady gets evil: "NO!!! ITS NOT!!! Its in MGM!! I've been there before and ridden it 10 times!!"

Me: "Ok... super! Have a great time!" :) :wave:

:lol: I can totally see you doing that, too :lol:

Jusjuice

Yesterday, I was watching the show about Disneyland on the travel channel, and my friend came by. It mentioned something about that Pirates of the Caribbean was the last attraction to be supervised by Walt Disney.

She said "Hey, Walt Disney died."

I was like "uh yeah, like 37 years ago."

Then she says "Oh, I thought it was the other year."

"Oh no wait must have been Dr. Atkins. Same thing."

PeeplMoovr

What really gets me is people who have a problem with people who call the MK "walt disney world". :hammer:

seriously, though, i've been going to WDW since it opened, and lots of people i know who've been going to WDW since the early 70's call MK "walt disney world". it's just a age thing, I guess. hard to get outta the habit.
either way, I still enjoy the parks.
i leave technicalities to the imagineers. :D

Redvette

Originally posted by Lee
I won't tell you Paradise Pier is a salute to a "carnival".
Nope.

It's a salute to seaside amusement parks.
Like Santa Monica Pier...Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk...Belmont Park...

and the Long Beach Pike...., mostly cheesy crummy dirty, things that Walt hated. I know it is horribly overused, but if Walt were alive he never would have allowed that part of DCA to be built.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by PeeplMoovr
What really gets me is people who have a problem with people who call the MK "walt disney world". :hammer:

seriously, though, i've been going to WDW since it opened, and lots of people i know who've been going to WDW since the early 70's call MK "walt disney world". it's just a age thing, I guess. hard to get outta the habit.
either way, I still enjoy the parks.
i leave technicalities to the imagineers. :D
thank you. Perhaps you said it better than I did! :hammer:

MouseMadness

Originally posted by PeeplMoovr

Thank you! My grandma is one of those people who always has and always will call the MK "Disneyworld." Let it go, people, let it go.

I don't typically let things like this "annoy" me, but last week when we were there, I heard a CAST MEMBER of all people call the "Wishes" fireworks show the "Make a Wish Come True Show" However, I found it more amusing than annoying. :)

DisneyJill

I'm going on the College Program in January. Some members of my family and people in my classes have said "So, you're going to work at Disneyland next semester?"

Sigh. :rolleyes:

Replies sweetly while smiling, "No, I'll be at Disney World"

"What's the difference?"

Sigh. :rolleyes:

Joalovar

I really hate when people put silly names to the rides.

Last month at the airport before take the plane back home (and after been in WDW :sohappy: ), two families with kids who obviously went to the world where saying something like this:

- Did you go tho the "spook house" (HM), oh, and the "black hole mountain" at "Disneyworld"? (SM) :fork:

- Oh yes, we aldo did "the guitar rollercoaster" (RRC) at the studios and "the elevator" ride (ToT) :zipit:

But the best one was this said by the two dads:

Dad #1. - On Epcot we went to that "car ride" (TT) that goes into heat and cold and then very fast.

Dad #2. - Mmmh, what ride was that?. Hey did you go to Test Track?

Dad #3. - Test what?, i think we didn't see it... :hammer:

O c'mon people, can you believe that?, I swear it's true. :zipit:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom