Most Annoying Guest Behavior

inDiG3nCe

Drunk people @ World Showcase....if you have a drinking problem, you need to be in Detox, or an AA meeting, not in a family friendly Disney theme Park.
This past Thursday at EPCOT in front of the Mexican Pavilion, there was a woman absolutely blitzed drinking her margarita. She was screaming at the ferry "Come on baby shake it!" I wanted to dump her drink over her head. She also said her drink wasn't strong enough. I murmured "Yeah the sixth one never is"

FettFan

This past Thursday at EPCOT in front of the Mexican Pavilion, there was a woman absolutely blitzed drinking her margarita. She was screaming at the ferry "Come on baby shake it!" I wanted to dump her drink over her head. She also said her drink wasn't strong enough. I murmured "Yeah the sixth one never is"

Holy crap. "Not strong enough"?

I've had margaritas there where I felt the tequila fumes practically dancing on my tongue.

Tomi-Rocket

I'm starting to think that maybe I should invest in a spray bottle and start treating people as naughty cats and spritz a person doing something they shouldn't. Smoking in a non-smoking area? SQUIRT! Right on to the lit cigarrette or cigar. Trying to cut in line? SQUIRT! Right in the face, sorry. Kids running amuck? SQUIRT! Should be on parents AND hellacious kids.

You get the idea....:angelic:

Baldy

I absolutely LOVE everything WDW but I admit there are a few things that tick me off:
-CMs who look at me like I'm from Mars when I ask for milk for my coffee. Maybe it's un-American or something, but cream in my coffee is just disgusting.¨
I guess that makes two of us. Maybe its a Canadian thing. I always ask for milk in my coffee, but I have had CMs tell me that coffee only comes with cream and/or sugar.

adambrady

Men who do not give up their seat on busses/monorail for the elderly, women, children, or other men carrying children annoy me. Have some manners. I don't care how tired you are, just move. Oh and looking the other way like you don't realize you are doing something wrong doesn't make it better. Just move. I just tell my boys who are 12 and 14 who have already given up their seat on their own because their mother and I have taught them properly that I'm proud of them for doing the right thing in a voice loud enough to point out the rudeness of those who didn't. People are just too much about themselves these days.

LucyK

Mine are mostly hygiene related.

- People who think showers are just part of the decoration of the bathroom and never uses them. You've been walking for over 8 hours, take a freaking shower and for pete's sake put on some deodorant! I walk with a can of deodorant because I'm so afraid of smelling bad when I'm among others so why can't you at least put some on before leaving the room?

- People who pass gases on closed spaces. I had the most terrible experience on the pre-show room of ToT. Picture a full room, no lights and that putrid smell making its way to your nose. Now THAT was a Twilight Zone experience. Whoever dropped that nuclear bomb should seriously reduce their meat and beans ingestion.

- Picking their nose in public AND cleaning your finger on the nearest surface, usually a handrail. Sadly, it wasn't just kids I saw doing this last trip.

And line cutting. Oh, how I loathe thee who line cuts. Are your time more precious than mine? Should I excuse you because you only have three days at the parks and you must do all attractions at Magic Kingdom in under six hours to keep your schedule? Did you go Casey's to eat a hot-dog and told your family you'd meet them at the line to Jungle Cruise? Too bad, so sad, the end of the line is that way.

whoiscliffwang

Flash photography in a dark ride is one of my biggies as well. Nothing like riding haunted mansion or pirates within the vicinity of a offender. It ruins the experience completely. I'm assuming that these people just snap away and don't check their shots til after they get off the ride. I wonder if they ever thought, "hmm, let me see how good this picture came out, oh no, I really can't see crap, let me stop wasting space on my memory card".

I admit, there are times that I'm guilty of the "Japanese/Chinese Paparazzi" as member Mouse_Trap has mentioned on Post #19. But then again, If I am paying 300 bucks for a park hopper, I'd damn well want to capture my vacation on camera. However, I am considerate to my surrounding photographers, and will step aside after taking a few shots, and not be in the way of others trying to get a picture from the same angle. And to be quite honest, I've seen many other different ethnicity's guilty of said "Paparazzi" annoyance.

MaxsDad

The guy who assualted people with a stick last year at Epcot just as we were arriving was the worst I've known. Luckily he'd just been subdued by another guest who took him down in seconds as we got there, nothing quite compares to that and was very 'undisneylike'. Following that I hate people who just stop in front of you unexpectedly when walking for no apparent reason. I struggle walking sometimes due to dystonia and having to suddenly stop or change direction because a person in front has just stopped dead is very difficult for me.

Very good points. totally agree on both. I am weird though; I find the juxtaposition interesting.

Peeves:
1. Assualt and Battery
2. Ceasing to walk.

Quite a gap between one and two!

3Caballeros

Men who do not give up their seat on busses/monorail for the elderly, women, children, or other men carrying children annoy me. Have some manners. I don't care how tired you are, just move. Oh and looking the other way like you don't realize you are doing something wrong doesn't make it better. Just move. I just tell my boys who are 12 and 14 who have already given up their seat on their own because their mother and I have taught them properly that I'm proud of them for doing the right thing in a voice loud enough to point out the rudeness of those who didn't. People are just too much about themselves these days.
I need a "love it" button for this one! I can't agree more. First, it is nice to see when kids are taught manners, as you are doing!
I was on a crowded bus with a backpack on my back & a sound asleep 3 year old in my arms...and stood! A young man (20's) sat beside me. People at the back of the bus yelled at him to get up but he didn't. When we finally stopped, he got a full dose of my backpack when I turned to get off the bus.

The Empress Lilly

Oh, the marvels of cultural differences!

In my surroundings, in turn it is considered close to an affront to give up seats for women. It is not 1850, women are not frail, weak helpless creatures. The way one no longer helps a woman across the street when there is a lot of traffic, for today she is thought to be perfectly capable of working out the traffic pattern herself. In northwest Europe women find it an affront. And men too - equality is the norm.

It is also considered not done to adress somebody else without the courtesy of looking at them. The thought is that if one has a message so important it needs to be said openly that it then needs to be said openly, directly to the recipient. By contrast, saying something clearly meant for another person while adressing air is considered a passive-agressive way of speaking one's mind whilst trying to be absolved of all responsibility for one's words.

The Empress Lilly

I was on a crowded bus with a backpack on my back & a sound asleep 3 year old in my arms...and stood! A young man (20's) sat beside me. People at the back of the bus yelled at him to get up but he didn't. When we finally stopped, he got a full dose of my backpack when I turned to get off the bus.
Yes, of course one should always offer a parent with a young kid of carrying age a seat.

Although apparantly you were still quite capable of carrying a big backpack around with you? Courtesy holds too that if you are carrying so heavy you need other people's seats that you first make sure to travel lightly yourself. Which may have been this young man's thoughts.
As for hitting a stranger with a bag - are you sure the person you assaulted is in perfect health? Maybe he is recovering from a car accident, or has a disease that weakens him beyond what is immdiately visible to the naked eye. I have never been physically threatened and verbally abused as much as when I was recovering from a bicycle accident.

The righteous people in the back, did they a have a kid on their lap or were they just being righteous about other people having to give up their seats?

Last edited:

copcarguyp71

For me it is people absorbed in their electronica (cell phone, tablet, laptop). I am sure I come off as a cranky so-and-so but it really grinds my gears when people are on their devices in queues or talking loudly like nobody can hear them about where they are meeting. Decorum (in my mind) is to simply be discreet and step aside for some texting...not in lines, not in the middle of the ride and certainly not stopping in the middle of paths where people are trying to walk. I guess part of my disdain comes from my own conviction to lock my phone in the safe in the room after being tied to my customers and employees the rest of the year.

I actually watched a young couple in line for Enchanted Tales with Belle..she was on her tablet, he was on his and THEN while in line he pulled out his laptop and looked up cheat codes or walkthrough for whatever he was playing...they didn't even make eye contact. I don't know why but it made my temples throb just watching it...

Also...any knuckledragger who thinks it is OK to take flash photography during a dark ride:mad:
grinds-my-gears.jpg

mergatroid

Very good points. totally agree on both. I am weird though; I find the juxtaposition interesting.

Peeves:
1. Assualt and Battery
2. Ceasing to walk.

Quite a gap between one and two!

:)

Quite. I must say though that the maniac attacking random people was so extreme that there was always going to be a major difference between one and two!

Yes, of course one should always offer a parent with a young kid of carrying age a seat.

Although apparantly you were still quite capable of carrying a big backpack around with you? Courtesy holds too that if you are carrying so heavy you need other people's seats that you first make sure to travel lightly yourself. Which may have been this young man's thoughts.
As for hitting a stranger with a bag - are you sure the person you assaulted is in perfect health? Maybe he is recovering from a car accident, or has a disease that weakens him beyond what is immdiately visible to the naked eye. I have never been physically threatened and verbally abused as much as when I was recovering from a bicycle accident

The righteous people in the back, did they a have a kid on their lap or were they just being righteous about other people having to give up their seats?

I have to agree, it's not always obvious who has difficulty standing and who doesn't. I suffer from dystonia which affects my co-ordination in my limbs and the severity of it can vary from day to day. When I walk it's apparent to most looking (and boy do some people look, I usually stare back and shame them :p) that there's something not going on quite right with my walking. When we get on the monorail at busy times and there's s no seats available, I often have people offer me their seat. It's very nice of them but it's not something I expect them to do and why should I expect them to do this? Those that do are showing care and compassion for a fellow human being and it's much appreciated, but I see it as an act of kindness and not something to be punished if not offered.

On one occasion we boarded the ferry from the TTC to the MK and a kind teenage girl offered me her seat as I was struggling a bit that day and she had noticed. I thanked her and said "Thanks so much but I'm sure I'll be ok". She said "honestly it's no problem" and so I accepted her kind offer. As the ferry filled up even more a very large lady got on and walked over to near where I was sat. She looked at me and it became obvious by her face that she expected a slim, healthy looking (when sat down) man in his 40's should be offering her my seat. I thought about it but then thought it would be a bit odd giving up a seat which was kindly given to me by somebody else for medical reasons and also that if she wasn't so large then standing wouldn't be such a problem (I'm aware some large people can't help it but many can). She then said rather loudly "There's just no manners anymore is there, used to be that a gentleman would stand for a lady". Even when I explained the situation she didn't look impressed and made a kind of sighing/ wheezing noise. It was the longest ferry crossing I'd ever experienced :arghh:

Britt

:)

Quite. I must say though that the maniac attacking random people was so extreme that there was always going to be a major difference between one and two!

I have to agree, it's not always obvious who has difficulty standing and who doesn't. I suffer from dystonia which affects my co-ordination in my limbs and the severity of it can vary from day to day. When I walk it's apparent to most looking (and boy do some people look, I usually stare back and shame them :p) that there's something not going on quite right with my walking. When we get on the monorail at busy times and there's s no seats available, I often have people offer me their seat. It's very nice of them but it's not something I expect them to do and why should I expect them to do this? Those that do are showing care and compassion for a fellow human being and it's much appreciated, but I see it as an act of kindness and not something to be punished if not offered.

On one occasion we boarded the ferry from the TTC to the MK and a kind teenage girl offered me her seat as I was struggling a bit that day and she had noticed. I thanked her and said "Thanks so much but I'm sure I'll be ok". She said "honestly it's no problem" and so I accepted her kind offer. As the ferry filled up even more a very large lady got on and walked over to near where I was sat. She looked at me and it became obvious by her face that she expected a slim, healthy looking (when sat down) man in his 40's should be offering her my seat. I thought about it but then thought it would be a bit odd giving up a seat which was kindly given to me by somebody else for medical reasons and also that if she wasn't so large then standing wouldn't be such a problem (I'm aware some large people can't help it but many can). She then said rather loudly "There's just no manners anymore is there, used to be that a gentleman would stand for a lady". Even when I explained the situation she didn't look impressed and made a kind of sighing/ wheezing noise. It was the longest ferry crossing I'd ever experienced :arghh:
Oh my gosh I'd have been STEAMING had I been on that ferry with you! I'm angry just THINKING of her entitled behavior!

JohnD

When in a queue, families with children in tow who have a child that is fascinated with an element in the queue. I've seen kids play with rocks, swing on bars, etc. while the family forges ahead oblivious to the child hanging back. This is particularly frustrating when there is no wait at all for a ride.

My solution to this is to stop where I am. The last thing I want to do is separate the child from the family. I realize this holds up the line behind me and I offer my apologies to those right behind me and they usually understand. Eventually, the family in front realizes their child isn't with them and look back to see a huge gap in the line and urge the child forward.

This happens at least once if not more often every time I visit.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
When in a queue, families with children in tow who have a child that is fascinated with an element in the queue. I've seen kids play with rocks, swing on bars, etc. while the family forges ahead oblivious to the child hanging back. This is particularly frustrating when there is no wait at all for a ride.

My solution to this is to stop where I am. The last thing I want to do is separate the child from the family. I realize this holds up the line behind me and I offer my apologies to those right behind me and they usually understand. Eventually, the family in front realizes their child isn't with them and look back to see a huge gap in the line and urge the child forward.

This happens at least once if not more often every time I visit.

If this happens to me when a kids is swinging around or not paying attention when the line moves, I give them a couple seconds and then gently tell them to get a moving! Being a teacher I know that sometimes kids are sometimes oblivious to what is going on around them and need a nice reminder to stay focused to the task, even if it is a line.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm starting to think that maybe I should invest in a spray bottle and start treating people as naughty cats and spritz a person doing something they shouldn't. Smoking in a non-smoking area? SQUIRT! Right on to the lit cigarrette or cigar. Trying to cut in line? SQUIRT! Right in the face, sorry. Kids running amuck? SQUIRT! Should be on parents AND hellacious kids.

You get the idea....:angelic:
Sounds like a great way to get your kicked.

JohnD

If this happens to me when a kids is swinging around or not paying attention when the line moves, I give them a couple seconds and then gently tell them to get a moving! Being a teacher I know that sometimes kids are sometimes oblivious to what is going on around them and need a nice reminder to stay focused to the task, even if it is a line.

I might end up doing that too. I don't blame the child so much as the oblivious parents who seem can't be bothered to keep up with their children. If it were my family, I would have an adult bringing up the rear to keep everyone moving.

As it is, it's happened to me at POTC, BTMRR, Splash Mtn, Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, and ST, to name a few.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom