Most Annoying Cliche

cherrynegra

"Think outside the box" That one makes me cringe when I hear it at a meeting. It screams '90s!! And don't get me started on "synergy." Yuck!!

Indy95

cherrynegra said:
"Think outside the box" That one makes me cringe when I hear it at a meeting. It screams '90s!! And don't get me started on "synergy." Yuck!!
Or how about such gems as "hip" and "edgy," especially when they call EVERYTHING they make "hip" and "edgy."

And (to impersonate Jerry Seinfeld, yet another cliche) What's the deal with "brand management?" I thought we were selling entertainment, not cattle!

cherrynegra

Indy95 said:
Or how about such gems as "hip" and "edgy," especially when they call EVERYTHING they make "hip" and "edgy."

And (to impersonate Jerry Seinfeld, yet another cliche) What's the deal with "brand management?" I thought we were selling entertainment, not cattle!

Oh you reminded me about "Extreme." Everything is extreme now. Heck, I knew that whole thing was out the door when they had extreme deoderant. :lol:

barnum42

Touch Base - Used by annoying A-hole sales people.

Exciting - much overused marketing word.

At this moment in time - what, you mean "now"?

Thinking outside the envelope

Like - used in place of "ummmm"

What do you find to do for two weeks in Disney World? - 'Nuff said :lol:

TAC

cherrynegra said:

I absolutely HATE this one, and hated it from day one.

I can't think of anything specific, so here's a web site for ya's:

The movie cliches list

:D

Slipknot

You wanna take this outside or I'll meet/see you outside When someone wants to fight you. Happened to me in the OUTSIDE queue of RnRC last Friday. He was full of hot air. :lookaroun

BG Rugger

"The spin stops here." from the O'Reilly Factor. Sorry, Bill. You're a political pundit just like everyone else on cable news channels with a show. Just because your spin is different doesn't mean you dont have one. Referring to people as "pinheads" doesn't help either.

"We have to take it one game at a time." No kidding? You mean our team can't play two games simultaneously??

"You can't have your cake and eat it to." Sure you can! I bought the dang thing, I'm sure as heck gonna eat it!

MouseMadness

Well ain't this just the cat's meow. :lookaroun

LOL to the person who said "That's hot." Some show I was watching had all these clips of her just saying "that's hot" and "awesome". :lol:

cru5h

Tramp said:
Get a Life! :mad: (Get a new cliche!)

...also, the misuse of the word, "HERO," drives me nuts. If everyone is hero, being a hero has no value. Can we no longer recognize the difference between the “ordinary” and the “extraordinary,” the sine qua non of heroism? :veryconfu
I hate the misuse of "hero" too! You know what? That makes you my hero for mentioning it :hurl:

JMishy

I can't stand "w00t"!! Yuck!! Drives me batty.

When I was in England, one phrase I could never understand was when someone would add "...didn't I?". To the end of a sentence. For example: "...and then I told my husband to fix the car, didn't I?". I never know how to respond after that. :veryconfu

Indy95

cherrynegra said:
Oh you reminded me about "Extreme." Everything is extreme now. Heck, I knew that whole thing was out the door when they had extreme deoderant. :lol:
But don't forget, it's "Xtreme" now. :rolleyes: Apparently the "cool" people are required not to have any knowledge of such useless subjects as "spelling" and "grammar."

Static-X said:
You wanna take this outside or I'll meet/see you outside When someone wants to fight you. Happened to me in the OUTSIDE queue of RnRC last Friday. He was full of hot air.
Whoa, what happened there? Let me guess...Fastpass? Story! Story!

Slipknot

Indy95 said:
Whoa, what happened there? Let me guess...Fastpass? Story! Story!

I was just letting some woman who just HAD to take a picture of ToT from under the covered queue that the line was moving. Her, her meathead boyfriend, his twin brother and his g/f all told me to shut up. :confused: I tried being civil with all 4 of them, but they wouldn't let up. I was wearing a Metallica T-shirt at the time and when they were going up the ramp on the side of the building, they were looking for me. again :veryconfu Here is what the meatheads said "You like Metallica. Lets us know how tough you are." Apparantly they have never been in a pit at a rock concert before :D I have had my ______ kicked in a pit but held my own when I am properly motivated. :D :D "We'll meet you outside." We already were outside... Then inside, I just had to have a preshow with these rags. "Hope you like your job at Wal*Mart." What the hell??? 1 I dont work at Wal*Mart and never will. But what the hell did that have to do with anything?????? :veryconfu :veryconfu They were on the 4th train before me. I was just waiting to see if they were gonna be true to their words (another cliche?) or would they be full of hot air after I got off. They weren't around after that. I told one of the CM's at the loading station about it, because it spilled over there. He understood and let me ride up front. :sohappy: Was an interesting day. After that, I was a volunteer at the backlot tour on the ship with some soldiers home from Iraq. Both were caught in a suicide bomb. Told them I think they are heros and thanked them for putting their lives on the line. So the whole backlot (besides seeing the Flight of the Navigator ship RUINED!!!!!!!!!) balanced the whole episode at RnRC. :sohappy:

Mitzer

Ok, mine is a bit different. I am going to post the cliche that I do that drives my family the craziest. I didn't realize that I end alot of sentences with "go with" until my sister pointed it out to me. I say things like..."Do you want to go with". Finally my sister yelled, FINISH THE SENTENCE! Go with who. Go where, just finish it.. So in her honor

GO WITH
GO WITH
GO WITH :lol:

barnum42

Pippa said:
Can't stand "Touch Base"
I remember dealing with an annoying sales manager from BT Cellnet when I had to organise the switch a company's mobile phones (about 150 of them) from Vodafone to Cellnet.

He was a typical annoying salesman - full of bovine stools and would say anything to get a sale then fail to follow up. I had to chase him on another of his broken promises and caught him on his car phone, he did his usual BS and finished with "and then we will touch base".

To which I replied 'only holes use the term "touch base" '

I could then hear someone roaring with laughter, upon enquiring who was in the car with him, he somewhat sheepishly said "My Boss"

:lol:

Maria

I am not sure this is a cliché, but a phrase in English that makes me laugh and wonder... :lookaroun

"Enjoy yourself" :zipit:

ogryn

cru5h said:
"What's good for the goose is good for the gander." Whatever the eff that means...

What's good for one person, is good for everyone?

maria said:
I am not sure this is a cliché, but a phrase in English that makes me laugh and wonder...

"Enjoy yourself"

eww, never thought of it like that before.
:lol:

DDuckFan130

Maria said:
I am not sure this is a cliché, but a phrase in English that makes me laugh and wonder... :lookaroun

Mariaaa...tsk tsk :lol: :lol: Que manera de pensar es eso?? :lol:

sillyspook13

Maria said:

I'm guilty of that one, as well as "come with."

When I was younger I freaked out my friends with my constant use of the phrase "You know." Apparently they didnt know.....

It gets on my nerves when somebody refers to anythig as "ghetto". I have family who knows the real meaning of ghetto! :mad:

I also hate oxymorons! My least favorite is "almost exactly" while my sister cringes when she hears "first annual."

A common cliche among Disney executives is "moving forward!" :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom