Most Annoying Cliche

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
Is there a cliche that people around you insist on using but makes you want to hit your head on something? Well, this is where you can get it off your chest.

The cliche that annoys me most is "...as all get out". For example, my co-worker said the other night "...and he's as handsome as all get out." What the heck is that supposed to mean? :brick:

So go ahead and post yours!

Dizknee_Phreek

Original Poster
wait...are you thinking click or cliche? perhaps I should have used an accent mark...as in cliché....I'm confused :veryconfu

Legacy

Not to start anything, but the phrase "That's gay" drives me beyond crazy. I think it's both offensive and ignorant.

Debbie

Legacy said:
Not to start anything, but the phrase "That's gay" drives me beyond crazy. I think it's both offensive and ignorant.

My stepson has taken to saying that and also calling my boys gay. I could just slap the *#&* out of him.

I use alot of cliches but not in a negative way:
IE Don't ever spit in the wind; it will come back one day
An apple doesn't fall far from the tree

SIR90210

Maybe it's just an Upstate New York thing, but "Mad (insert adjective here)" drives me bonkers..and I've been here for less than six months!!

Testtrack321

Debbie said:
My stepson has taken to saying that and also calling my boys gay. I could just slap the *#&* out of him.

I use alot of cliches but not in a negative way:
IE Don't ever spit in the wind; it will come back one day
An apple doesn't fall far from the tree

As a kid who has been picked on and called gay (no I'm not), do them a favor and get back at him good. Like coal for xmas good, yeah, that's it. :lol:

Wckd Queen

My officemate always says "Net net". He applies it to EVERY situation, regardless. It makes me nuts, especially when I find MYSELF saying it! :lol:

Fossil

I have a friend that loves to say, "and what not". I hate it. And he also likes to say, "Mind You". I hate it so much. Everytime I hear him say any of those phrases, I feel like punching him. :hammer:

cru5h

I know this isn't a cliche but I hate when people say "irregardless" when they mean regardless.

Cliches/phrases I HATE with a passion:

"Well that's your opinion" Hey no kidding, genious. Who else's opinion would I be speaking? Which brings along: when someone ends their 3 page dissertation on something they're obviously passionate about with "Well that's just my opinion..." Once again, who else's opinion would it be? That's getting people to take you seriously!

"You can't have your cake and eat it too". Why not? Is there any other way to have cake?

"We have a lot on our mind" and other similar phrases where a group of people is sharing one thing (It's our life, it's a pain in our butt, etc.)

"What's good for the goose is good for the gander." Whatever the eff that means...

I know I hate a bunch of others but can't think of them off the top of my head. (There's another)

DDuckFan130

We have a lot in Spanish, particularly Nicaraguan so no need to get into them. As far as some of the ones mentioned here, I'm probably guilty of saying some of them myself (i.e. "and what not" :lol: ).

Probably doesn't apply, but I just hate the slang of today. I hate it when people attempt to talk like Snoop Dogg with the hizzle fizzle and whatever izzle. It's so annoying. It died down a bit, but some people still say it. I also hate the word "ain't." This is probably the English Education major in me, but when my brother says it, I correct him. When my best friend puts it in an IM, I cringe!

That's what I have for now. I also hate the "That's gay" comment whenever it's said.

Tramp

Get a Life! :mad: (Get a new cliche!)

...also, the misuse of the word, "HERO," drives me nuts. If everyone is a hero, being a hero has no value. Can we no longer recognize the difference between the “ordinary” and the “extraordinary,” the sine qua non of heroism? :veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom