More New Attraction-Specific Merchandise

Tigger1988

As long as they get rid of the Vinylmation line.....I dont care what they do. This line of mech. is an abomination. A huge mistake. A pile of crap! Sure the whole merch thing is a pet peeve of mine, there is nothing I hate more about WD then this line. They cant give it away.

Its unimaginative, cheap and someone tell what the point of it is? I mean does Disney test market their ideas?

It must be selling well enough that Disney devoted a store in DTD to it, a year after first introducing the line.

As for the point, whats the point of overpriced pins? Something to collect and an excuse for tourists to spend money.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
As long as they get rid of the Vinylmation line.....I dont care what they do. This line of mech. is an abomination. A huge mistake. A pile of crap! Sure the whole merch thing is a pet peeve of mine, there is nothing I hate more about WD then this line. They cant give it away.

Its unimaginative, cheap and someone tell what the point of it is? I mean does Disney test market their ideas?

I know its not always a good thing but there is one thing you can always count on with Disney....is CHANGE! weather you like it or not they are always changeing. And believe it or not....they do hear your complaints. They didnt become the top vacation destination in the world by turning their backs on their customer base. YES....I know you may not believe it but its true. Just remember...you cant please everyone.

It's exceptionally popular, as much as pins due to the collector value on many of the pieces. While I don't see Disney setting up any Vinylmation trading spots any time soon, that line of merchandise isn't going anywhere.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
If you build it they will come...

Non dated, attraction specific merchandise should sell well, how many fab 4 or 5 shirts do we need to have in our wardrobe?

Personally I stopped after about 20 Fab 5 shirts. Now I only but EPCOT Center shirts or these new attraction specific shirts.

Yeah I wonder how long Soaking Awesome will last on shelves before being pulled. It's obvious what the pun is there :lol:

I'm wondering that too. Kinda makes me want to call mail order and get one now since I won't be back on property until December. I would totally wear that shirt...just not to work. :lookaroun

I know its not always a good thing but there is one thing you can always count on with Disney....is CHANGE! weather you like it or not they are always changeing. And believe it or not....they do hear your complaints. They didnt become the top vacation destination in the world by turning their backs on their customer base. YES....I know you may not believe it but its true. Just remember...you cant please everyone.

In defense of Vinylmation, it is based on the extremely popular vinyl collectible toy market in Asian countries. These types of figures have been around for quite a while and Disney only recently jumped on the bandwagon. They are highly collectible, some are quite valuable, and are viewed more as works of art rather than a souvenir. Disney entering the vinyl figure market was a long time coming and based on how quickly they sell, I am pretty sure they don't have any regrets embarking on this line of products.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
It's exceptionally popular, as much as pins due to the collector value on many of the pieces. While I don't see Disney setting up any Vinylmation trading spots any time soon, that line of merchandise isn't going anywhere.

They are already there actually. There are trading boxes in many stores throughout property. Disney is also holding its first official Vinylmation trading event later this week along with their annual summer pin event. Right now is a very exciting time to be a collector because the line is really growing in a positive way. [/Vinylmation hijack] :lookaroun :lol:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
They are already there actually. There are trading boxes in many stores throughout property. Disney is also holding its first official Vinylmation trading event later this week along with their annual summer pin event. Right now is a very exciting time to be a collector because the line is really growing in a positive way. [/Vinylmation hijack] :lookaroun :lol:

Well, anything to replace the DVC booths. :ROFLOL:

I've never quite gotten into them myself, but I can appreciate the collector and artistic value they hold for many......

muteki

Is it this one, or something newer?

space-moutain-t-shirt-black.jpg

Thrill Seeker

I have the Soaking Awesome Splash shirt. The other new one I saw was one that said "This is my wet shirt". The new Space Mountain shirt is a space suit with Space Mountain in the visor. It says Space Mountain on the suit. I really want to get that even though I already have the retro SM shirt.

There's also a new (I believe) Tomorrowland shirt with characters.

I still need to get at least one of the current line of retro Epcot shirts (probably the Blueprint for Tomorrow one) as well as the retro Haunted Mansion shirt.

I'd like to see a shirt for Mission: SPACE as well as for some other fairly popular attractions (Dinosaur and TSMM). A retro Star Tours shirt would be awesome too...

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I have the Soaking Awesome Splash shirt. The other new one I saw was one that said "This is my wet shirt". The new Space Mountain shirt is a space suit with Space Mountain in the visor. It says Space Mountain on the suit. I really want to get that even though I already have the retro SM shirt.

There's also a new (I believe) Tomorrowland shirt with characters.

I still need to get at least one of the current line of retro Epcot shirts (probably the Blueprint for Tomorrow one) as well as the retro Haunted Mansion shirt.

I'd like to see a shirt for Mission: SPACE as well as for some other fairly popular attractions (Dinosaur and TSMM). A retro Star Tours shirt would be awesome too...

I'd be curious to see that TOmorrowland shirt. I don't recall seeing it when I was there 2 weeks ago. As for the retro Epcot shirts, I got the Blueprint for Tomorrow one. I really love it. It is so comfortable and I love the design. I also bought the dark blue/green shirt with the retro attraction logos all over it. It's pretty subtle since the logos are hard to see, but I still love it. Out of all the shirts I bought on my last trip my favorite was definitely the Florida Orange Bird shirt that appeared while I was there in American Adventure. It has that adorable little bird and it says Squeeze Me. :lol: Love it!

muteki

I have this shirt...Ironically I'm wearing it right now!:lol:

Yeah that one has been the only one available our last couple trips so I am really interested in seeing if there is a new one out. Might be picking up a SM shirt next trip as none of the current Epcot shirts are catching my eye like they have done recently.

tirian

What the—???

What idiot approved the "Soaking Awesome" T-shirt? Seriously? Disney wants people exiting the ride to immediately mentally insert "f *** ing" in a family-friendly park?

:brick:

And this is the place with a rule against French Connection UK shirts. Guests have to turn those shirts inside-out.

RSoxNo1

What the—???

What idiot approved the "Soaking Awesome" T-shirt? Seriously? Disney wants people exiting the ride to immediately mentally insert "f *** ing" in a family-friendly park?

:brick:

And this is the place with a rule against French Connection UK shirts. Guests have to turn those shirts inside-out.

I agree. Personally I'm not offended by it, but I think it was a stupid idea.

NewfieFan

Ha, I didn't even get the "Soaking Awesome" reference until I came here and read through the thread! Innocent mind, I guess!?! :lookaroun

WDWFigment

Maybe I'm incompetent, but I can't seem to find the other shirts on ArtofDisney.com. Any help? I'm assuming that's where the Boothill Boys shirt is pictured.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom