More "Evidence:" Timekeeper to Monsters, Inc.

Woody13

Valawen9 said:
Someone told me his head was frozen and stored in Cinderella's castle...and I actually believed them. :lookaroun
Wow! Let's don't be silly. Cinderella's Castle wasn't even built at the time of Walt's death. The head is stored in Snow White's Castle at Disneyland. The missles are stored in Cinderella's Castle at MK.

Sledge

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
Wow! Let's don't be silly. Cinderella's Castle wasn't even built at the time of Walt's death. The head is stored in Snow White's Castle at Disneyland. The missles are stored in Cinderella's Castle at MK.
That would be Sleeping Beauty's Castle. And WDW's castle is Cinderella Castle. No 's on it. :lookaroun :D :wave: Sorry had to be a smart ______.

Computer Magic

disnyfan89 said:
Death to the future Fantasyland East!
I've said it before, the area will soon be renamed Pixarland with all the Pixar rides being introduced over there.

Just think when Cars comes out there goes the Indy Speedway.

Computer Magic

mkepcotmgmak said:
i didn't read all of this... but i have heard from a reliable source that monsters inc is def. going in, and it will be in circle vision, with Monstropolis all around you, and that sadly, Carousel of Progress is being taken out, for an Incredibles attraction. I'm not 100% on any of this, as it's not official from Disney, yet... but this source sure knows what she's talking about.
yep, Pixarland here we come.......

Woody13

Sledge said:
That would be Sleeping Beauty's Castle. And WDW's castle is Cinderella Castle. No 's on it. :lookaroun :D :wave: Sorry had to be a smart ______.
Ever notice how Sleeping Beauty and Snow White have the same experience?

dxwwf3

KevinPage said:
MGM is also sorely in need of a FAMILY short lengthed dark ride. I can bring my 2 yr old daughter on most Magic Kingdom attractions, and only 1 at MGM (Playhouse Disney). Everything show is TOO LONG or not aimed at her.

Some of these more kid friendly changes at the MK need to make their way over to MGM. Both of these parks are getting a little unbalanced. Naturally I like the MGM changes more, but I agree that MGM could use another family attraction too.

KevinPage said:
With Everest now opening, MGM is sure to be my least visited park.

MGM is still my 2nd favorite park and depending on the mood I'm in could be number 1 over Epcot. For me, now with Everest opening, it might overtake the MK to be my 3rd favorite WDW park. At least I hope I like it that much.

socalkdg

Monsters Inc has to go into MGM. Theme it as a studio production, a sound stage, a bus station, whatever, but its a terrific dark ride(my daughters favorite - surpassing Peter Pan now) thats enjoyable for adults and has much ride repeatability(multiple scenes, some interaction, etc.). You can also get 1200-1400 people through per hour.

I'd expect a Monsters Inc. 2 movie eventually, and Monsters had great foreign success. Lines have run as long as an hour at DCA, where only Soaring ever achieves this length. Popped into MGM, somewhere close to the Honey I Shrunk playground, and you you will some new life at the Studios.

Tomorrowland, no no no.

The rumored Incredibles ride at DCA has you in a vehicle, perhaps a trolley or bus, in a warehouse district in San Fran or Monterey, driving along until you run smack into a battle between the incredibles and the huge robot. Your vehicle is picked up by the robot, swung this way and that, then let go/thrown. You vehicle moves on trying to escape, but are once again attacked, before eventually escaping as the Incredibles win out.

socalkdg said:
The rumored Incredibles ride at DCA has you in a vehicle, perhaps a trolley or bus, in a warehouse district in San Fran or Monterey, driving along until you run smack into a battle between the incredibles and the huge robot. Your vehicle is picked up by the robot, swung this way and that, then let go/thrown. You vehicle moves on trying to escape, but are once again attacked, before eventually escaping as the Incredibles win out.

Yup. The ride just screams MGM Studios and DCA. It would make a good addition to both parks.

Pr1nce55

MartyMouse said:
If you ask me, Disney should develop a Pixar land at the studios, right next to the Muppets, they both are great brands that should be capitalized on. Neither belongs at the Magic Kingdom or EPCOT Center for that mater, but I guess it’s too late to stop that.

I totally agree. I think this is a great idea!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
nyfrenchy said:
That's very unlikely since Walt was cremated...
That just goes to show how fast he was spining.

Who cares its a new attraction, though I would prefer an addition rather than a replacement.

Desperad07

For those who don't like the addition of Pixar characters: what did you think Disney would put up? A Treasure Planet ride? Home on the Range playland?

For those who just don't like the idea of characterless rides being overthrown by Pixar, etc.: You've got to understand that Disney is a business. And it's so much easier to market Disneyworld and Disneyland and lure people in via continually-successful movies. A kid sees Monsters, Inc. then sees a commerical that there is a Monsters, Inc. ride and it goes a long way towards getting that kid there. If they kept with If You Had Wings or Timekeeper, sure they'd appeal to us traditionalists, but they'd be criticized for neglecting their core audience: children.

Kids are no longer clamoring to go on a 20,000 Leagues submarine ride. It's really not that cool to children with incredible computer technology and portable playstations. I always had a hard time with Living Seas even. I just never felt the presentation embodied the theme like World of Motion, Horizons or even the Land did successfully. So both of these attractions (20K in Disneyland, LS) are replaced by Nemo themed attraction. Sure, it goes against tradition but how could you ignore a goldmine...theming attractions based on a movie that appealed to everyone from age 1 to age 81.

That all said, i do agree....i would dig a true Tomorrowland. I feel like CoP has to stay based on its storied history and unique presentation. But Timekeeper is past its time in Disney's mind...don't try to think it can be saved. What its replaced with is key for Disney. And they're always going to lean towards developing something with built-in marketing appeal versus the struggle of trying to appeal to younger folks with an original futuristic attraction that nobody has ever heard a thing about.

And honestly, what is it about driving cars on a speedway at a really low speed is any more futuristic than going to Monstropolis?

wdwishes2005

I agree there, the speedway has got to be one of the most poorly thought out and themed rides at WDW, with the exception of maybe the flying carpets of Aladdin.

Pongo

wdwishes2005 said:
I agree there, the speedway has got to be one of the most poorly thought out and themed rides at WDW, with the exception of maybe the flying carpets of Aladdin.

I think the best part of the Aladdin ride is when Genie speaks Spanish. Otherwise, I think it's actually not bad. It's got a better theme than some other rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom