More "Evidence:" Timekeeper to Monsters, Inc.

Empress Room

Original Poster
Magicot said:
Wait.... so where's the evidence?:veryconfu

"Evidence" is in quotes for precisely that reason: there is no evidence, just rumor. In other words, we should take all stories that appear on these internet blogs with a grain of salt.

netenyahoo

I've been on the Monsters Inc ride at DCA. It is fun dark ride. I would hope they wouldn't clone it as I hate clones because I go to both DL and WDW. It is a fun ride, but has nothing to do with Tomorrowland. I agree that a Monsters Inc ride should go to the Studios. That park needs the help right now anyhow. I just hope it is a differently themed ride and not an exact copy of DCA's.

nibblesandbits

I guess I'm in the minority because I don't see a problem corralating Stitch and Buzz with Tomorrowland...it's just not that far of a stretch for me. Both are spacy feeling...which is what tomorrowland is about to me.

However, I do not think that Monster's Inc or the Incredibles fits in with TL. To me that is to far of a stretch to go. I think I would be very disappointed with a ride that revolved around either one of those things. (But of course, I would hold that judgement until something was actually announced.)

mpaul32001

If this happens i will be very disspaointed to see tomorrowland go...I think this being put in would destroy what would have been Walt Disney's Vision of tomorrowland. Tomorrowland was said to be "A World of the Future." (Quoted from somewhere by Walt Disney.) I would very dissapointed with disney and this would ruin tomorrowland at Walt Disney World...That's all i have to say.

beez

Why can't they just make a new tomorrowland ride that has nothing to do with Disney? Think about it. They could and most likely will put in a ride themed to Monsters Inc. or they could put a ride about the future. Hence the name tomorrowland. They are getting to far away from the original theme of the parks and just putting in rides that will make kids happy or not scared. What’s next change the audio in the <st1 =""><st1 ="">haunted</st1></st1><st1 =""> <st1 ="">mansion</st1></st1> to Eddie Murphy the happy ghost to make it more kid friendly?? Maybe they will change Spaceship Earth to Peter Pans flight exploring communications around the world. Come on! :brick:

mkepcotmgmak

i didn't read all of this... but i have heard from a reliable source that monsters inc is def. going in, and it will be in circle vision, with Monstropolis all around you, and that sadly, Carousel of Progress is being taken out, for an Incredibles attraction. I'm not 100% on any of this, as it's not official from Disney, yet... but this source sure knows what she's talking about.

imagineer boy

mkepcotmgmak said:
i didn't read all of this... but i have heard from a reliable source that monsters inc is def. going in, and it will be in circle vision, with Monstropolis all around you, and that sadly, Carousel of Progress is being taken out, for an Incredibles attraction. I'm not 100% on any of this, as it's not official from Disney, yet... but this source sure knows what she's talking about.

Someone shoot me now...

WeLComeHomE OKW

imagineer boy said:
Someone shoot me now...

i dont have any wdwmagic special internet blog super ray gun, but i do have a strong imagination. so i will try my best.

And by the way, if there is anotehr circle vision theatre, put in cool rotating seats...so we dont have to STAND!!!! I think most ppl didnt go to timekeeper (eventually), cuz u had to stand. Who likes to stand?!?! Thats what we do when we wait in lines, when we are walking around in the parks...we should be able to sit for attractions.

Imaginationeer

Has Disney Ever put a ride somewhere it doesn't belong? no
MGM will recieve the Monsters Inc Dark Ride no matter what, and it will be in the old Superstar Television Soundstage, perhaps expanding into Sounds Dangerous.

WeLComeHomE OKW

Imaginationeer said:
Has Disney Ever put a ride somewhere it doesn't belong? no
MGM will recieve the Monsters Inc Dark Ride no matter what, and it will be in the old Superstar Television Soundstage, perhaps expanding into Sounds Dangerous.

ummm....this has never been officially announced. Many sources from this website are now saying the Monsters Inc ride is being reevaluated for placement in MGM. Anyways, people only hinted at a Monsters Inc ride coming to MGM and never once said that it was official.

Please do not say something so matter of factly unless you hear it from the Mouse himself. BTW, what are your sources?

Oh, and Disney has always found a way to put their attractions where they belong...but sometimes their placement needed some convincing.

I am glad you are bold, but please dont just say things to seem smart. Its not working.

s2jrston

MartyMouse said:
... Disney should develop a Pixar land at the studios, right next to the Muppets, they both are great brands that should be capitalized on. Neither belongs at the Magic Kingdom or EPCOT Center for that mater, but I guess it’s too late to stop that.

I've got to agree with Marty above and the CoP is going to become the "Incredible House of the Future."

Pixar's creative chief, John Lasseter, will help design rides for Disney's theme parks.

KevinPage

MGM is the park that needs the most help at this point.

I love ToT & RnRC is pretty good, but otherwise I have ZERO interest in the park. (still haven't bothered to see the Xtreme Stunt Show).

MGM is also sorely in need of a FAMILY short lengthed dark ride. I can bring my 2 yr old daughter on most Magic Kingdom attractions, and only 1 at MGM (Playhouse Disney). Everything show is TOO LONG or not aimed at her.

With Everest now opening, MGM is sure to be my least visited park.

:D :D :D

ballewclan

Please dont let tomorrowland lose its theme. Ok maybe the theme has already been lost but what about trying to reinstate it? i mean its TOMORROWland and i still question how stitch has to deal with tomorrow. (AE did because Aliens and teleportation could be in our future, but i dont see how an animated character of today is...oh and buzz doesnt either although i enjoy the ride.)

The Adventurer

You're Right

Tomorrowland does not need to be Fantasyland in space, but I don't neccessarily disagree with placing a Monsters, Inc. themed ride inside Tomorrowland, or an Incredibles attraction for that matter. What needs to be done is a major expansion of all the lands. Adventureland needs room for the Aladdin Musical Spectaculer, The Indiana Jones Adventure, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Fantasyland needs to be more bountiful, and to prevent the axing of Tom Sawyer Island, Frontierland needs to be expanded upon as well.

Back to Tomorrowland, The Incredibles has amazing potental for an E-Ticket attraction. If they could incorporate the film's high octane style to a ride, we could have one thrilling attraction on our hands. Think Spider-Man from Islands of Adventure but with a Disney twist, and Monsters, Inc. would be a nice fill in for the Timekeeper, since it was a dull attraction to start with.

In the end, Imagineers shouldn't be afraid to extend past the boundaries of the Walt Disney World Railroad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom