More "Evidence:" Timekeeper to Monsters, Inc.

dxwwf3

Ghostbuster626 said:
I dont about surveys, but there is no way someone can say its superior to Alien Encounter and Mission To Mars and thats probably one of the biggest problems. If your going to replace an attraction it should be SUPERIOR . Chili dog fart and an incomprehensible plot and terrible jokes ("hurrr I think I OILED myself!! wakka wakka!") are a downgrade from AE.

It is possible for someone to like SGE better than those and there are a few people on here that feel that way. They are in the minority (and they know that), but there are a few.

So no it's not impossible. Improbable yes.......Impossible no! :lol:

ballewclan

wannab@dis said:
Good points, but your post makes the assumption that IF a Monsters, Inc attraction is built, that it won't be creative or have quality. ;)

I know everyone likes to use SGE as their basis for "lack of quality" but there's a lot of people that like it. CMs from MK that see the guest surveys have said it ranks pretty good. I think there's a tendency for people here to jump on the "knock SGE bandwagon" and that's fine. But it's good to point out that we don't KNOW that a majority of guests feel the same way. I can say that I didn't find SGE to be a great attraction, but I did hear some people at the exit that really liked it. (I also heard a parent upset because their child was scared. :lookaroun)

Well i guess what i mean by quality, was the overall rating of the attraction. Like its theming, fitting in with the area, story, and ride ingenuity. I most certainly think that a Monsters ride would be great and I'd love to ride it but I'd rather see it in MGM (where i think they are lacking a nice dark ride). Plus I don't think tomorrowland is in need of a E-ticket that badly...

Also i think the reason why so many people diss SGE is because of what it became after AE. People who never went on AE would consider SGE an OK attraction i think, even i probobly would.

You could say that my judgement towards SGE is tainted, most likely because i only went on AE once when i was 10 and i got so freaked out by it that it made me never want to ride it again. Mostly because i thought each time a real alien was being let out to wreak its havoc. (dont worry, i wasnt type of kid that screamed and cried, more like sat there silently hoping that the alien wouldnt hear or eat me) It had such an impact on me in a good way because it was only later that i realized how much creativity it had that i actually believed an alien was being let out.

dxwwf3

ballewclan said:
Also i think the reason why so many people diss SGE is because of what it became after AE. People who never went on AE would consider SGE an OK attraction i think, even i probobly would.

My aunt and uncle went to WDW for the first time this summer and wouldn't know AE from EA Games and they hated SGE. So take that for what it's worth. They did really like the Hall of Presidents though (As do I) so take THAT for what it's worth too ;)

ballewclan said:
i only went on AE once when i was 10 and i got so freaked out by it that it made me never want to ride it again. Mostly because i thought each time a real alien was being let out to wreak its havoc. (dont worry, i wasnt type of kid that screamed and cried, more like sat there silently hoping that the alien wouldnt hear or eat me) It had such an impact on me in a good way because it was only later that i realized how much creativity it had that i actually believed an alien was being let out.

Excellent story

Lee

Adventurer
Just to add to the confusion about Timekeeper and new attractions...

I continue to be told that nothing is set for that space. In fact, there are at least three, maybe four, concepts in the race for the MK, but all are still Blue Sky to some extent. The Timekeeper space is being looked at, as well as the whole stretch from Galaxy Palace to the old Skyway station.

To further complicate things, I have heard from other sources that if a project hasn't been greenlit yet, it may have to wait a bit for Lasseter to get up to speed. Don't hold your breath for anything to happen very soon.

wannab@dis

ballewclan said:
Well i guess what i mean by quality, was the overall rating of the attraction. Like its theming, fitting in with the area, story, and ride ingenuity.

Out of the items you listed that would make it a quality attraction, I think the only one that we could really discuss right now is location. I tend to think that WDI would take the location into account and would guide the story to show a futuristic viewpoint. If they accomplished that, along with good theming and storyline, then we may have a great addition to tomorrowland.

As to whether or not AE was scary... I almost "oiled" myself the first time I saw it! :lol:

ballewclan

wannab@dis said:
Out of the items you listed that would make it a quality attraction, I think the only one that we could really discuss right now is location. I tend to think that WDI would take the location into account and would guide the story to show a futuristic viewpoint. If they accomplished that, along with good theming and storyline, then we may have a great addition to tomorrowland.

As to whether or not AE was scary... I almost "oiled" myself the first time I saw it! :lol:

I hope that people reading this post realize that I'm not degrading the idea of a Monsters Inc attraction, merely hoping it will fit in and be (not a break through ride, although that'd be nice) a nice addition to TL and recieve more praise than complaints.

Oiled yourself! :lol::lol::lol:

EDIT: Now that i think of it...i did buy a new pair of shorts that day...i guess AE did get to me!

imagineer boy

Lee said:

I continue to be told that nothing is set for that space. In fact, there are at least three, maybe four, concepts in the race for the MK, but all are still Blue Sky to some extent. The Timekeeper space is being looked at, as well as the whole stretch from Galaxy Palace to the old Skyway station.

To further complicate things, I have heard from other sources that if a project hasn't been greenlit yet, it may have to wait a bit for Lasseter to get up to speed. Don't hold your breath for anything to happen very soon.

That's good to hear. Let's just hope that its something original and new. I would like a new attraction that probably focuses on Time Travel like Timekeeper, but with a different ride system.

Lee said:

I would rather they wait and build a good attraction then rush out another Stich's great escape.

Epcot82Guy

Thanks for the update, Lee.

I also was petrified when I rode AE when it first came out (was around 13 or 14). Didn't ride it again until I was 20 and loved it then. But, it was really pushing it even for a teen ride. Truly adult in MK (but loved that fact too... another discussion, though! :p )

Guess time will tell...

Iakona

Unless things have changed in a month then Monsters Inc. is slated go to MGM. This was from an Imagineer who works MGM. While I would never say it written in stone until I see it the imagineer seemed pretty confident that MGM was getting a "monstrous" new attraction.

By the way, there are those of us that like SGE. So, yes we can say it is better than AE.

Figment571

MartyMouse said:
What to do with Time Keeper? Well Disney missed the Tron boat for the second time in the company’s history, they should have developed a ride when the film came out in the 80s but they didn’t, they got a second chance with the game Tron 2.0 a few years back. I still say that a Tron ride or show or attraction would be phenomenal, but about as likely as Black Hole ride. I think they need to put in a new original future themed show, if Disney doesn’t come up with some new attraction stories soon then where will Walt Disney Pictures get their ideas for future films – The Jungle Cruise, Coming Soon.

Maybe not my friend! (always wanted to say that!) The new game Kingdom Hearts 2 features a whole TRON world! So TRON may become popular again!:drevil:

TimonRulz

I never got to see AE. I have seen the Stitch one though. I saw the video of AE and it wasn't very good quality. Does anyone have a picture of the Alien that comes into the tube in the middle of the room? I've seen some artists sketches of it, but I wanna see what it really looked like!

ballewclan

Iakona said:
Unless things have changed in a month then Monsters Inc. is slated go to MGM. This was from an Imagineer who works MGM. While I would never say it written in stone until I see it the imagineer seemed pretty confident that MGM was getting a "monstrous" new attraction.

By the way, there are those of us that like SGE. So, yes we can say it is better than AE.

What are you sources?

I have heard that MGM is either getting:

- Monsters Inc. E-Ticket (supposedly based on the hanging doors)

- Incredibles E-Ticket (a ride similar to Spider-Man at IOA using the robotic arm technology...supposedly Tony Baxter himself designed this new ride system).

Personally, I just want Star Tours 2 and ill be one happy camper.

Lee

Adventurer
Iakona said:
The imagneer I had lunch with in January.

And he was likely right.
I had heard a month or so ago that work could begin as early as this spring on the new attraction for the Studios, with Monsters Inc. being the most probable theme.

Then the Pixar thing happened...all bets are off...:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom