More cuts-napkins gone blank

The Empress Lilly

For what it's worth... I like the napkin design and hope it returns!
I'm still not betting against them simply being temporarily absent. Hope for you they'll return!

For what it's worth, me I don't really like the 'Let the memories begin' napkins. I can't quite put my finger on it why. I find the current design a bit messy, all those pizza slices and turkey legs! I think maybe I like simple design. I would love 'Walt Disney World Resort' with a Mickey in the corner. Like this:

100_0724.jpg

GenerationX

Maybe Disney just got a good deal on plain napkins from overstock.com or at the Dollar General or something. And those of you that don't like plain-sided napkins need to go back and reread The Sneetches.

Jimmy Thick

BREAKING NEWS!!!

We have confirmed that there was a finger print found on the window of the Main Street Confectionary.

We have asked several passerbys about this developing story and all involved were claiming their vacations were ruined. " Its just so hard", said one woman who we will not identify for safety reasons, " Its so hard because it ruins the illusion. I paid good money not to see finger prints on any of the windows while I walk by. I mean, would Walt find that acceptable?". A balding man wearing ankle high black socks while wearing shorts agrees. " I was shocked when I saw it, I had to cover my child's eyes. It was appaling."

We asked a random teenager about his take on such declining by degrees, his response, " Wait, what? "

Obviously he is so upset he is in denial and planning on going to Universal.

More as this develops.

Jimmy Thick- I should have been a news reporter...

RSoxNo1

Disneyland had plain brown napkins last week as well.

Southwest eliminated logo'd trash bags from their flights and it saved a substantial amount of money. That was something that was transparent to travelers and made financial sense.

In contrast, the Disney napkins were something special that guests saw every trip. They changed every trip. I know this because my father would bring home a year's supply of them from every one of our trips. It was a little touch of Disney magic every day, it's corny but I know he wasn't alone.

If it's a supply issue that's one thing, it happens all the time. If it's removal entirely that's a legitimate complaint. I think the complaints really started with the removal of the Lights of Winter. I brushed it off because I really though it was something minor. But that struck a chord with a lot of people, and what Disney has to realize is that it's the little things as well as the major new attractions that keep people coming back. Now when little things are eliminated it's going to sour more people on the product.

Flip83

Plain Napkins?! Ugh.... Well. Thats it for me! How could I enjoy my trip to Disney World without having Mickey on something I am wiping mustard of my face and throwing in the trash?! Oh Disney... You awful awful company!

The Empress Lilly

When there are Mickeys on the napkins, we all love it. We are all charmed, all engrossed by the magic.

When the Mickeys are gone, people make a fool of the ones who miss Mickey. 'They are just stupid napkins, unimportant, you must be mad to notice such details'.

WDW1974

Nope ... let them have at ... let the thread reach 167 pages of absurdity ... you, you my friend will not wade in (beyond that!)

menamechris

We here are normal people wiping our mouths with ordinary paper after a $3.99 burger.
We just want a Mickey on it when we do.

A $3.99 burger at Disney? Where are you eating, cause I want to go to there...

As a side note...Disney has made a business of taking advantage of guests. Raising prices and chipping away at subtle (and not so subtle) details and experiences is just one way they do that. Who can be mad when a guest actually notices it and is offended? People spend thousands of dollars to be there. If they want to be mad about anything...they should feel entitled to... Disney used to recognize this, but their concern with overall guest satisfaction seems to have dwindled the last few years...

captainkidd

Plain Napkins?! Ugh.... Well. Thats it for me! How could I enjoy my trip to Disney World without having Mickey on something I am wiping mustard of my face and throwing in the trash?! Oh Disney... You awful awful company!
That's it! I will now have to cancel my Disneymoon next month. How will I break it to my future wife?? She will be devastated not having printed napkins! ;)

You guys are about 4 pages late. Several other posters beat you to it with the unfunny, sarcastic remarks.

lazyboy97o

I would actually prefer blank napkins, as I think the labeled napkins offer an unnecessary detraction from the theme.

That said, there is somebody at Disney who does make the decisions regarding napkins. Somebody does get paid to design napkins. It may seem trivial, but the napkins do not just appear magically.

Flip83

You guys are about 4 pages late. Several other posters beat you to it with the unfunny, sarcastic remarks.

This is a forum with people complaining about the napkins at WDW...... Napkins. Hold on... Again.... NAPKINS. I'd say pretty much anything that's sarcastic directed toward anyone actually complaining about the napkins is great material.

menamechris

This is a forum with people complaining about the napkins at WDW...... Napkins. Hold on... Again.... NAPKINS. I'd say pretty much anything that's sarcastic directed toward anyone actually complaining about the napkins is great material.

Did you get through the whole thread before making a comment? Just curious. There was been some pretty insightful points in here...

captainkidd

It's a thread, not a forum.

You should spend more time reading other people's posts as opposed to just jumping in with attempts at being funny.

Flip83

I'm sorry....It's a thread....about napkins.

Disney is terrible. What else should I say? They just do anything to save a buck. If I'm eating an 8 dollar burger, I should have a napkin that says Disney on it to wipe my mouth. If not, my meal sucks. I know I will stew over this for weeks after my trip

TestTrack Dummy

the blank napkins dont really bother me. With that said i would much rather have the designs on the napkins. its a small detail that i understand aren't that important because they get thrown away but i still perfer the designs. I dont understand the negative post on this thread. Just because others enjoy napkin designs doesn't mean they should get bashed. It wouldn't bother me one bit if they we're gone but i can definitely understand how it would bother others. If you dislike the topic so much then dont post it's not that difficult.

John

Ok I see the great Napkin debate of 2012 continues. For those of you who think that we (I) are argueing over a piece of recycled paper with ink on it that we wiping our mouths with ......is missing the point. We all understand its a stupid napkin. But it is represenative of an overall opinion we have. No ones trip will be ruined, No one is going to cancel a trip over it. This discussion at its core isnt about a plain napkin versus a napkin with Mickey or whatever design might or might not be on it. It is a discussion on how some people feel that the guest experience is changeing (declineing) over a period of time. The napkin is simply being used as one albeit small....but none the less an example illustrateing this point. IF and I reiterate....IF.....this is a permenent descision then it is another cut in budget and any cut is symbolic of the core issue. For those being sarcastic what you can not deny is that IF.....this is a permenent descision....It is a cut in the budget. What we are saying is that we are getting less and less and paying more and more.....to you its no big deal....we get it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom