More cuts-napkins gone blank

John

I have been to disney 43 times and im only 28. 44th trip in 85 days. So i do know the disney experience i was brought up on it. Cast members from the adventurers club have watched me grow up and have always stoped during other performances around the park to acknowlede me and say hi. All im saying is that there are other issues to be worked on and to care about and other experiences that makes the disney experience. Everyone always says its the little things and it is definatly. But to say that a napkin doesnt have a certain logo on it is a bit much for me anyways. I understand you can say it starts there and then escaledes to other things. Anyways forget i even said anything.

Dont sweat it, I am not picking on you personally ( I would have quoted you or mentioned your name) , on my list of gripes napkins would fall down my list also. But I think if this is true and not some sort of mixup it should be noted. Me I am a little different then most. Although I enjoy the attractions, I enjoy the ambiance and the immersive themeing MORE. How long does an attraction take? A couple of minutes. But you are constantly surrounded by the ambiance. When this is impacted in a negative way I will take notice......Is it a huge deal? Maybe....maybe not. But I do notice. Some people might notice and couldnt care less.....as long as BTM dosnt break down while they are in que. I could spend most of the day without going on one attraction in EPCOT. But thats just me.

The Empress Lilly

Speaking of six digit counts of declines, did you see my post about a decline timeline on the thread lebeau started on the parks board? Does such a thing exist?
I just searched that post. My google-fu was failing me and I couldn't find it, but by Jove, is this new board lightning fast! What a delight to do a search!

Found the post! No, I do not think such a list of DBDs exists. It might be a fun idea! There are some ifs-and-buts: there is no consensus about every change, one man's decline is another man's step up.

~ But will such a list help feed a billion hungry children? ~

John

So people are now adding non-specific napkins to the whole declining by degrees garbage? Um, at least you are still getting napkins?

Jimmy Thick- <---- Starting to see it all...

Yea Jimmy, I guess your right about that.....It could be worse. They could just sit a roll of paper towels on your table and we can just pass them around.

The Empress Lilly

So people are now adding non-specific napkins to the whole declining by degrees garbage? Um, at least you are still getting napkins?
I just paid $3500 a person for my last trip. I have no qualms in being critical. WDW does not give me anything, I don't need to be grateful for anything they provide, I pay top dollar for a premium product.

(Which is not the same as this: I am thankful to some employees who went above and beyond their job to make my stay memorable, and I am grateful in a metaphysical sense that I had the oportunity/health/ money to visit WDW)

mickeysbrother

Really were you going to the Adventurers Club when each club had its own specific napkins, including the AC? Because I was. This is how it starts, one slip at a time. Enjoy your view of the shrubbery out in front next trip.

I rest my case...

I don't even remember if they had logos on them or not. My Virgin Strawberry daiquiri was usually on top of them. Thats what i mean some people notice the really really really small stuff. I took it for granted i guess its a napkin. And yes i still go in front of those beautiful shrubs every time and remember the good old times. Maybe the napkins paid for the shrubs :)

John

^This.
If more people thought this way, talked this way, and were grateful like this, then I highly doubt our culture would be looked down upon by so many around the globe. A trip to WDW is not a given right, it is a privilege. We should be more grateful we have the means & ability to go there, and appreciate things, not complain about the little ones.

Surely you jest.....you cant be serious?

Jimmy Thick

I just paid $3500 a person for my last trip. I have no qualms in being critical. WDW does not give me anything, I don't need to be grateful for anything they provide, I pay top dollar for a premium product.

(Which is not the same as this: I am thankful to some employees who went above and beyond their job to make my stay memorable, and I am grateful in a metaphysical sense that I had the oportunity/health/ money to visit WDW)

Being critical is one thing, complaining about non-specific napkins, well thats another.

If I paid $ 3,500 per person and did not get any napkins to clean my fingers and face after a greasy meal, then yes, I would have a legit gripe.

If I paid $ 3,500 per person and only got a virgin white napkin to clean my fingers and face after a greasy meal, I would use it without even noticing what was on it, because quite frankly, it would not matter because I had a tool to clean my greasy fingers and face.

It would end up in the trash no matter what, if it was virgin white, or said O'Hana.

Jimmy Thick- Whats next, the decline of 2 ply toilet paper?

The Empress Lilly

If napkins don't matter, then this should be fine too. This restaurant provides with all you need to wipe your fingers and mouth:

toilet_paper_on_table400.jpg

Or do napkins matter? And presentation? And - this is Disney! - design and a sense of fun?

Jimmy Thick

If napkins don't matter, then this should be fine too. This restaurant provides with all you need to wipe your fingers and mouth:

toilet_paper_on_table400.jpg

Or do napkins matter? And presentation? And - this is Disney! - design and a sense of fun?

Thats not a napkin, thats a roll of toilet paper. I don't recall anyone saying in this thread they were given a roll of toilet paper to use as a napkin, they were complaing about having to use non-specific napkins, which is far different that a roll of toilet paper.

But then again, that roll of toilet paper looks pretty absorbant, so it could be an improvment.

Jimmy Thick- really, really starting to see it all...

Joshua&CalebDad

According to the United Nations, over one billion people go without enough food to stay healthy. Yet we're over here complaining that our mouth wipers don't have pretty little logos on them.

We're embarrassing ourselves.

Yes, but I pay close to $90/ticket per day to be in the happiest place on Earth and then another $15/meal. So do I expect to have napkins with cute little designs on them, yes I do and there is nothing wrong with that. That is part of the experience that I'm paying for.

John

The rest of the world sees us as imperialist, narcisstic invaders, but I diagress Disney should think of it as a privlege to serve us as customers. As Lilly said we pay huge amounts of money for a preminum experience. Most everyone knows you can go else where and get "white napkins" for less money....that isnt the point. We continue to pay more and recieve less. If that is ok for you....fine. But for some of us it is not. Reguardless if today its just a napkin....what will it be next time we visit? Why should we care if the Yeti isnt working properly? Atleast we get to ride it..... Why should we care about all the broken AA's? atleast we get to ride it....So what if Sorin' isnt sorin so much....ya da ya da ya da.

I should be thankful....sheeesh I am not really complaining...if I was going to really complain I would write guest services. But ofcourse this dosnt reach theat level. Even I understand that. But in the big scheme of things it is worth mentoning

mickeysbrother

Dont sweat it, I am not picking on you personally ( I would have quoted you or mentioned your name) , on my list of gripes napkins would fall down my list also. But I think if this is true and not some sort of mixup it should be noted. Me I am a little different then most. Although I enjoy the attractions, I enjoy the ambiance and the immersive themeing MORE. How long does an attraction take? A couple of minutes. But you are constantly surrounded by the ambiance. When this is impacted in a negative way I will take notice......Is it a huge deal? Maybe....maybe not. But I do notice. Some people might notice and couldnt care less.....as long as BTM dosnt break down while they are in que. I could spend most of the day without going on one attraction in EPCOT. But thats just me.

I know that its a fun debate. I don't take things personally as some others do don't worry. And i agree with everything you said in this post. As can i not go on a ride in epcot. Actually no i would have to go on something love the rides too much. But there is a differnece bettwen ambiance and napkins.

For iinstance when the repaved the red concrete in the back around frontierland. The red is a much nrighter color then the older cement i couldnt care less but i did notice it.

i guess its just i take it for granted. I eat i wipe my face with a napkin paper towel or my gf back of her shirt when shes not looking lol... just kidding.... But every time i go into the world i make sure to immerse my self and not look at whats wrong with the park. I don't want to do that then i will never enjoy my vacation. Disney is still top notch to me. I have been a very privileged kid and young adult. I have traveled all over the world and its also my profession so i save a lot of money on flights when i fly to disney. I have always had the best and im probably thinking that your thinking that i should want the best from wdw also. But it still is magical. I think we complain and fight way to much on this site and i also was caught reading and wondering hey u guys are right FIX THAT LITE BULB ALL THE WAY ON TOP OF THE CASTLE THAT U CAN ONLY SEE FROM THE AIR LOL.... and then i realized why am i actually worried about 1 light bulb here and there. But thats just me. and i will let others have there opinions and i have mine.

John

Mr Sagat, If you really felt that way you should be embaressed to even visit WDW. You should just send every extra cent you have to all those starving people. Just for the record....Did you know since the 60's we the American people have sent well over 600 BILLION dollars to the countries in Africa for relief?

asianway

Original Poster
The rest of the world sees us as imperialist, narcisstic invaders, but I diagress Disney should think of it as a privlege to serve us as customers. As Lilly said we pay huge amounts of money for a preminum experience. Most everyone knows you can go else where and get "white napkins" for less money....that isnt the point. We continue to pay more and recieve less. If that is ok for you....fine. But for some of us it is not. Reguardless if today its just a napkin....what will it be next time we visit? Why should we care if the Yeti isnt working properly? Atleast we get to ride it..... Why should we care about all the broken AA's? atleast we get to ride it....So what if Sorin' isnt sorin so much....ya da ya da ya da.

I should be thankful....sheeesh I am not really complaining...if I was going to really complain I would write guest services. But ofcourse this dosnt reach theat level. Even I understand that. But in the big scheme of things it is worth mentoning

True, its not like were talking about Mickey Mouse butter.

mickeysbrother

Mr Sagat, If you really felt that way you should be embaressed to even visit WDW. You should just send every extra cent you have to all those starving people. Just for the record....Did you know since the 60's we the American people have sent well over 600 BILLION dollars to the countries in Africa for relief?

Thats really good :) didn't know it was that much but that's great.

John

Thats really good :) didn't know it was that much but that's great.

ummmmm we are not suppose to go into political discussions here. I am taking a huge risk....shhhhhhhhhh but no it isnt good. Most of that money never reached those who were in need. It was taken to support rebels and hunta's that were preforming a holocost on its own people....... but dont tell anyone I said so. Very little of it reached those who were starving. Honestly, they would fare much better if we gave them comdoms and birthcontrol.....oooooops just went non PC. Mom, please dont ban me....I promise thats the last time.

Bob Saget

Did you know since the 60's we the American people have sent well over 600 BILLION dollars to the countries in Africa for relief?
I wasn't saying anything about American people. I was referring to people in general who feel neglected when they aren't wiping their mouth slobber on paper goods with printed decor up to their expectations. It's embarrassing that something so petty would bother so many.

The Empress Lilly

I wasn't saying anything about American people. I was referring to people in general who feel neglected when they aren't wiping their mouth slobber on paper goods with printed decor up to their expectations.
But Bob, this crowd is not the 'I demand a perfumed powdered silk napkin for my pedicured pink poodle'.

We here are normal people wiping our mouths with ordinary paper after a $3.99 burger.
We just want a Mickey on it when we do.

John

I wasn't saying anything about American people. I was referring to people in general who feel neglected when they aren't wiping their mouth slobber on paper goods with printed decor up to their expectations.

I understand what you meant, just didnt understand the reference in how a billion people who didnt have enough to eat had anything to do with the discussion. In of itself I AGREE napkins dont rank to high on anyones list of gripes. That said, it does make the list. Its noteable, is it not? maybe not to some....but is to others. As in life some of us have a higher tolerence...some not so much. In the defense of you, Jimmy and the rest of the "not a big deal crowd" It hasnt gotten to the point that Emperess and myself and those who think this is just another DBD's are still spending our money to visit. But its getting closer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom