More booze at Disneyland

Consumer

The fact that Disneyland had alcohol even in the early days for the public makes any Walt era quote about no alcohol moot. He went against his own stance when it was financially beneficial for him.

So doesn't matter if you're happy about it or not, Disney is following in the tradition of Walt himself.
Disneyland never had alcohol until Galaxy's Edge. Holidayland was a separate admission and not part of Disneyland.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disneyland never had alcohol until Galaxy's Edge. Holidayland was a separate admission and not part of Disneyland.
Semantics, it was still considered part of Disneyland, even nicknamed the "lost land of Disneyland".

Point is that Disneyland whether its Holidayland, Club 33, bars on property accessible via the Monorail, or even recently with alcohol in DCA and inside Disneyland itself with GE, has actually had a long history with alcohol going back to almost the beginning. Basically it was only its first 2 years where Disneyland was a completely dry park, after that it was varying degrees of access to alcohol within and around the Park.

And so while I understand that some such as yourself don't like it. So again we say, if you don't want alcohol in Disneyland then don't drink while you're there, the fact its offered is in no way going to infringe on your time at the Parks.

mickEblu

I am more perturbed by the amount of strollers in the park, than adults drinking.

Only because the people wielding the strollers like to use them as a battering ram.

And yet there is one group of people who are far worse. The people that just park in busy walkways completely oblivious without a care in the world.

But I agree. Way too many kids and strollers. Imagine how many more cosplaying childless adults we could cram into the park if the kids stayed home!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm well aware they're in the parks. I'd like to discourage them from being there as much as possible.

Do you think I'm happy about that?
1694555502506.png

Good point, the WDC is doing a better job at running the parks than Walt Disney ever did. That guy had it all wrong and we shouldn't listen to his words.

"Believe this Consumer guy, he knows what's up." - Walt Disney talking to Abraham Lincoln

Here's the actual quote:

“No liquor, no beer, nothing. Because that brings in a rowdy element. That brings people that we don’t want and I feel they don’t need it. I feel when I go down to the park I don’t need a drink. I work around that place all day and I don’t have one. After I come out of a heavy day at the studio sometimes I want a drink to relax.”

Point all just being Walt knew alcohol would attract losers and didn't want them in the park, hence why Club 33 was the only place that served alcohol as it was the only part of the park where losers were outright forbidden from entering.
A little bit of context is often helpful. This has none.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This is an astute point that goes over people’s heads.
This whole conversation was had 5 years ago when the announcement was made about Oga's getting alcohol in GE. The same arguments, a bit hollow as it is given the access to alcohol in and around the Park going back to the 50s.

The Park didn't implode, there weren't rampant drunks everywhere as some feared. Forgetting of course that DCA has had alcohol for a long time.

Even 5 years ago it was already talked about that Oga's would be phase one, and that alcohol would be spreading to the rest of the restaurants within the Park. And slowly by slowly that happened from Blue Bayou to now the rest.

Everything will be fine, the Park is not going to all of a sudden fall into chaos.

mickEblu

This whole conversation was had 5 years ago when the announcement was made about Oga's getting alcohol in GE. The same arguments, a bit hollow as it is given the access to alcohol in and around the Park going back to the 50s.

The Park didn't implode, there weren't rampant drunks everywhere as some feared. Forgetting of course that DCA has had alcohol for a long time.

Even 5 years ago it was already talked about that Oga's would be phase one, and that alcohol would be spreading to the rest of the restaurants within the Park. And slowly by slowly that happened from Blue Bayou to now the rest.

Everything will be fine, the Park is not going to all of a sudden fall into chaos.

Nobody said there is going to be chaos. It’s a matter of principle and of Disneyland being held to a higher standard. Kind of you know how it’s been for about 65 years until the last few years where they threw all that out the window.

Last edited:

Consumer

Nobody said there is going to be chaos. It’s a matter of principle and of Disneyland being held to a higher standard.
Not worth engaging, Mick; they don't discuss in good faith.

It doesn't matter how many times I say I don't like the people that alcohol brings to Disneyland, they get accuse me of disliking the alcohol. It's like telling somebody to "just not drink" when their problem with bars is the atmosphere. It's the same reason I don't want marijuana at Disneyland; those are not the kind of people I want around.

Californian Elitist

It doesn't matter how many times I say I don't like the people that alcohol brings to Disneyland, they get accuse me of disliking the alcohol. It's like telling somebody to "just not drink" when their problem with bars is the atmosphere. It's the same reason I don't want marijuana at Disneyland; those are not the kind of people I want around.
Where have the losers been then? How has the atmosphere changed ever since Oga’s opened? Please share the significant changes.

mickEblu

What I don’t understand is that Disneyland was alcohol free (minus Club 33) for over 55 years and we’re just here saying “yeah we prefer that” and it’s somehow a crazy statement. And yet nobody complaining about our complaining had the picket signs up when Disneyland didn’t allow alcohol. It was normal and everybody was seemingly fine with it.

Nobody said there is going to be chaos. It’s a matter of principle and of Disneyland being held to a higher standard. Kind of you know how it’s been for about 65 years until the last few years where they threw all that out the window.
Not worth a continued discussion but your attitude towards alcohol combined with higher standards seems a bit judgmental.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom