More booze at Disneyland

SSG

Also, like, and maybe I am being judgmental here, but like.... why do people need booze at Disneyland or the zoo?
Not trying to start an argument but you're phrasing this as people needing to drink in the parks. I would imagine that very few people have that need, and if they do, they have bigger problems.

However, many people --me included--enjoy an adult beverage when we're on vacation or having a nice meal. If Disney wasn't offering this in the parks, it wouldn't impact my time there. But they are, and if people act like grown-ups, it won't be a problem, IMO.

BuddyThomas

Like it's one thing in DCA which is a more 'adult-oriented' park or Downtown Disney or the fancier park restaurants which I am not going to anyway (I am not spending a kajillion dollars at Disney to sit down to spend $200 on food, that's not happening, I have attractions to ride, here, people). I can avoid those places. The Plaza Inn is another. :(
How does it possibly affect your life in any way if I have a glass of wine at lunch???????

BuddyThomas

Also, like, and maybe I am being judgmental here, but like.... why do people need booze at Disneyland or the zoo?
Yeah. As you said yourself, you’re being judgmental. If someone is bombed and interfering with your Park experience, alert security. If not, enjoy your own experience with your friends/and or/family members and do not worry about how other groups enjoy their time.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

THC would add a whole new element to the Disneyland experience. Let's see some Walt strains sold on property. Sell it as a beverage like the other drugs, alcohol and caffeine.
I'm sure TDA would come up with some quote to tie the idea of Walt's approval to it.

Disney is getting into the gambling market they may as well add drugs next.

D.Silentu

I'm sure TDA would come up with some quote to tie the idea of Walt's approval to it.
Supposedly, Walt and Lilly had an anniversary party at the Golden Horseshoe shorty before the park opened to the public. The story goes that Walt got a few drinks in him and began acting the part of being in a western saloon, even dueling people with finger guns. I can't wait to see the Park's Blog write up on that!

Supposedly, Walt and Lilly had an anniversary party at the Golden Horseshoe shorty before the park opened to the public. The story goes that Walt got a few drinks in him and began acting the part of being in a western saloon, even dueling people with finger guns. I can't wait to see the Park's Blog write up on that!
Heard this as well. It might’ve been a Korkis story

TrainsOfDisney

Not a great photo - took this from pirates. Here’s the new bar that is in blue bayou.
F168175F-86EC-4A9E-BE98-D87C7453F54A.jpeg

Dear Prudence

Yeah. As you said yourself, you’re being judgmental. If someone is bombed and interfering with your Park experience, alert security. If not, enjoy your own experience with your friends/and or/family members and do not worry about how other groups enjoy their time.
I mean, not being able to go to even so much as Disneyland, Chuck E Cheese, or the zoo without having to have an alcoholic drink just sounds like a problem.

Also, more often than not, people drinking does inhibit my ability to enjoy my experiences, and I am honestly very tired of the entire world revolving around alcohol and people drinking. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find alcohol free spaces. Like I had previously stated, I don't have a problem with people drinking alcohol at fancier restaurants, or even Downtown Disney (or even bars outside of that).

wdrive

I mean, not being able to go to even so much as Disneyland, Chuck E Cheese, or the zoo without having to have an alcoholic drink just sounds like a problem.

You keep stating this but literally no one has said they cannot go without drinking at Disneyland. Anyone who had such a problem would most likely manage to sneak alcohol in anyway. Or walk to DCA and drink to their hearts content then walk back over.

I’ll repeat my response the last time you said this. I don’t need a candy apple at Disneyland, but it’s fun to have said candy apple at Disneyland.

wdrive

Also, more often than not, people drinking does inhibit my ability to enjoy my experiences, and I am honestly very tired of the entire world revolving around alcohol and people drinking. It is becoming increasingly difficult to find alcohol free spaces. Like I had previously stated, I don't have a problem with people drinking alcohol at fancier restaurants, or even Downtown Disney (or even bars outside of that).

Why are you okay with it at a fancy restaurant but not Disneyland? Do you avoid fancy restaurants like the plague due to the influx of alcohol?

Dear Prudence

Why are you okay with it at a fancy restaurant but not Disneyland? Do you avoid fancy restaurants like the plague due to the influx of alcohol?
I meant the fancy restaurants in the park, so sorry if I didn't clarify that well enough.

I tend to avoid fancy restaurants, period, for other reasons lol 😆

BuddyThomas

I can go anywhere without alcohol but if I am on vacation, I am sure I would like to enjoy a few glasses of wine with a meal and that does not impact your own vacation in any way at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom