Pre-Trip More amazing than the time Michael Jackson came to your house to use the bathroom?

More amazing than the time you saved those old people from that nursing home fire, right?

Yeah, and I bet it was even more amazing than the time you ate your weight in Godfather's pizza.

Okay, Michael Jackson didn't come over to my house to use the bathroom...... But his sister did!

And even more amazing than that is...we are going back to WDW! If you would like to follow along, there is but one requirement...

All together now...

Now, lets get down to business.

Who: My wife C and I. And possibly C Minor (our niece), depending on how her schedule and school grades are.
IMG_20180711_125859.jpg

And Minor:

IMG_20180711_125935.jpg

Where: Boardwalk Villas, studio room, pool/garden view

When: December, 8 days so far but as always, we will add more.

We recently returned from a 7 day trip in July. We brought C Minor with us and it was our first time travelling with a kid and we had a blast! We had actually booked the upcoming December trip before we even left for our July trip and it is sort of a Christmas gift/vacation for C and I but we had soooo much fun with Minor that we may bring her back with us. Only issue is that she would have to miss about 4 or 5 days of school and here in Georgia that can be rough from what my brother (Minors Dad) tells me. I guess the school can really come down hard on you for unexcused absences nowadays. What a shame. But we shall see.

Our travel dates have us returning about a week before Christmas and the more we plan, the more we wanted a few more days! We have wanted to stay at the Waldorf Astoria and we figured this would be a good chance. Of course we got on Youtube and watched some videos of the Waldorf and we loved it so we very well may add two days to the beginning of the trip and check it out. C and her Mom have a trip booked for October to check out Food and Wine Festival so she is excited to get to see Disney at Halloween and Christmas.

Thats all for now, updates to come soon. Thanks for following along and have a great day!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Quick update which basically contains a PTR within this PTR.

C and I were watching Youtube videos of Food and Wine Festival the other day because her mother and her will be going to WDW in October. I was drooling as we watched the videos and told C that I want to sneak down for a few days for F&W and of course she liked the idea. A little later I was checking for reservations and I found one at BWV for 3 days but it was a few days after F&W ends. By now we were already excited about going so we decided to book it. Keep in mind we are also going for 8+ days in mid December and if wee booked the November trip it would have us returning to WDW in Dec. appx two weeks after we got home . We went back and forth for a few minutes over the pros and cons. We really couldnt find any cons so we decided to do it!

Even though the original plan was to try and catch a little F&W action we didnt mind. We were super excited. Fast forward to the next morning. I am having some coffee and reading TR's and C's mom calls me to ask a question about something we bought at Home Depot. The conversation soon turned to Disney but I did not mention that we were planning on going in Nov. She brought up how excited she was to finally visit for F&W in October but also said she really wanted to be able to see the Christmas decorations and MVMCP but coulnt find a reservation. As she went on, I debated in my head about telling her about our trip. Then I thought about how I have seen the Christmas stuff many times and would be back in December so I told her about the trip and asked if she would like to take it w/ C. Of course she did not want to take our trip and was very sweet about it, but I insisted they take it. I was a little bummed at first but I am more excited for her to have back to back trips in Oct and Nov. And plus, that will put C at 7 trips to WDW and then an 8th trip in Dec!

Quick update which basically contains a PTR within this PTR.

C and I were watching Youtube videos of Food and Wine Festival the other day because her mother and her will be going to WDW in October. I was drooling as we watched the videos and told C that I want to sneak down for a few days for F&W and of course she liked the idea. A little later I was checking for reservations and I found one at BWV for 3 days but it was a few days after F&W ends. By now we were already excited about going so we decided to book it. Keep in mind we are also going for 8+ days in mid December and if wee booked the November trip it would have us returning to WDW in Dec. appx two weeks after we got home . We went back and forth for a few minutes over the pros and cons. We really couldnt find any cons so we decided to do it!

Even though the original plan was to try and catch a little F&W action we didnt mind. We were super excited. Fast forward to the next morning. I am having some coffee and reading TR's and C's mom calls me to ask a question about something we bought at Home Depot. The conversation soon turned to Disney but I did not mention that we were planning on going in Nov. She brought up how excited she was to finally visit for F&W in October but also said she really wanted to be able to see the Christmas decorations and MVMCP but coulnt find a reservation. As she went on, I debated in my head about telling her about our trip. Then I thought about how I have seen the Christmas stuff many times and would be back in December so I told her about the trip and asked if she would like to take it w/ C. Of course she did not want to take our trip and was very sweet about it, but I insisted they take it. I was a little bummed at first but I am more excited for her to have back to back trips in Oct and Nov. And plus, that will put C at 7 trips to WDW and then an 8th trip in Dec!

Wow! You are the best SIL ever!!!! Huge brownie points with C and MIL!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Quick update since I finally got the ball rolling on my TR, I figured it was time to go full on @Tuvalu mode and have two TR's fired up at the same time:cool:

Minor will most likely not be joining us due to the fact that they wont be on school break yet and there are a lot of family events that will be going on as well. C and her are planning a trip for when Minor has winter break early next year. C and I are looking forward to a trip for just two of us.

I was recently trying to book the Frozen Dessert party at Epcot but it seems to be sold out. Ya, I know, it seems ridiculous to actually want to book it, but the plan was to be able to enjoy Illuminations with a good seat since it wont be around much longer and we dont what the crowds will be like in December. Then I remembered reading
@Tuvalu 's report when they got a patio table at Spice Road and caught the show from there so we booked a reservation about 30 minutes prior to the show. We will arrive much earlier to be able to get a patio table hopefully.

And speaking of parties, we will also be attending MVMCP and also the new "ticketed event inside the ticketed event" know as Tonys Most Merriest Town Square Party". Now, I know what some of you may be thinking. Why on Earth would you do that? Allow me to explain.

C and her mom attended MNSSHP last month and had a less than enjoyable time. Ridiculous crowds, crazy wait times and they ended up leaving early because it was a mess. C and I have attended many times and she said it was absolutely over sold and has never seen crowds anywhere near what they did that night. Then I read @lostpro9het 's report that it was similar for them as well. C decided to write a polite email citing her concern that the vent was waaay over sold and the experience was no longer worth the cost of admission. She did not ask for a refund or any form of compensation even specifically mentioned that they had a great trip aside form the party and that her and I were returning in December. She stated that she simply wanted to share with them her experience as a guest who has been to many of parties and hoped that the email would provide feedback for future guest experiences.

The email was sent around 9 pm and the next morning at 9:05 am she received a phone call from a Guest Services person. We expected a standard email reply with "thank you for your concern" so we were surprised to get a call and especially that quickly. The woman she spoke with extremely polite and was asking questions about the night they were there. They spoke for about 30 minutes. The woman (Joan) offered to give us tickets for MVMCP in hopes we would have a better experience. C told her it was not necessary and that her email was not an effort to get anything for free. Joan insisted and said she would even add the Tonys Town Square Party". So that is how we got the tickets. But we were actually considering the party anyway but had thought it wouldnt be worth it after the MNSSHP fiasco. We are glad Joan was kind enough to offer such a wonderful gift and C sent another email to make sure Joan was credited with such amazing service.

A few hours after they hung up, I had opened MDE to look at our reservation and the tickets ha already been added. Thanks Joan!

Plowboy

We had a somewhat similar experience just last week. We were in Magic Kingdom 10/24 for the evening and late EMH hours. That didn't go so well. We had fastpass for Buzz and when we arrived at our appointed time the line had snaked out the entrance back and forth several times and was past Laugh Floor's entrance. Spoke to a cast member and he stated they had had "technical difficulties" and that the fastpass wait would be "about" 45 minutes. Uh, no. So we struck out and rode railroad around the park and then walked back to main street and there must have been 10,000 people sitting on the sidewalks and in the street waiting on the fireworks. It was only about 7:30. I can only recall one other Disney trip when we encountered crowds like that and it was many years ago at Disneyland between Christmas and New Years. We worked our way back into Adventureland and Fantasyland and even Small Small World had a 45 minute standby wait, so we just blew off our last fastpass (7 dwarves mine train) and headed for the front gate.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We had a somewhat similar experience just last week. We were in Magic Kingdom 10/24 for the evening and late EMH hours. That didn't go so well. We had fastpass for Buzz and when we arrived at our appointed time the line had snaked out the entrance back and forth several times and was past Laugh Floor's entrance. Spoke to a cast member and he stated they had had "technical difficulties" and that the fastpass wait would be "about" 45 minutes. Uh, no. So we struck out and rode railroad around the park and then walked back to main street and there must have been 10,000 people sitting on the sidewalks and in the street waiting on the fireworks. It was only about 7:30. I can only recall one other Disney trip when we encountered crowds like that and it was many years ago at Disneyland between Christmas and New Years. We worked our way back into Adventureland and Fantasyland and even Small Small World had a 45 minute standby wait, so we just blew off our last fastpass (7 dwarves mine train) and headed for the front gate.
I can understand high crowd levels during regular park hours or even EMH, bit for a private "limited ticket" even, other should not feel like Christmas level crowds. Sorry you had a bad EMH experience though. I remember the days of MK being open until 3 am for EMH and the place would be empty.

fractal

Quick update since I finally got the ball rolling on my TR, I figured it was time to go full on @Tuvalu mode and have two TR's fired up at the same time:cool:

Minor will most likely not be joining us due to the fact that they wont be on school break yet and there are a lot of family events that will be going on as well. C and her are planning a trip for when Minor has winter break early next year. C and I are looking forward to a trip for just two of us.

I was recently trying to book the Frozen Dessert party at Epcot but it seems to be sold out. Ya, I know, it seems ridiculous to actually want to book it, but the plan was to be able to enjoy Illuminations with a good seat since it wont be around much longer and we dont what the crowds will be like in December. Then I remembered reading
@Tuvalu 's report when they got a patio table at Spice Road and caught the show from there so we booked a reservation about 30 minutes prior to the show. We will arrive much earlier to be able to get a patio table hopefully.

And speaking of parties, we will also be attending MVMCP and also the new "ticketed event inside the ticketed event" know as Tonys Most Merriest Town Square Party". Now, I know what some of you may be thinking. Why on Earth would you do that? Allow me to explain.

C and her mom attended MNSSHP last month and had a less than enjoyable time. Ridiculous crowds, crazy wait times and they ended up leaving early because it was a mess. C and I have attended many times and she said it was absolutely over sold and has never seen crowds anywhere near what they did that night. Then I read @lostpro9het 's report that it was similar for them as well. C decided to write a polite email citing her concern that the vent was waaay over sold and the experience was no longer worth the cost of admission. She did not ask for a refund or any form of compensation even specifically mentioned that they had a great trip aside form the party and that her and I were returning in December. She stated that she simply wanted to share with them her experience as a guest who has been to many of parties and hoped that the email would provide feedback for future guest experiences.

The email was sent around 9 pm and the next morning at 9:05 am she received a phone call from a Guest Services person. We expected a standard email reply with "thank you for your concern" so we were surprised to get a call and especially that quickly. The woman she spoke with extremely polite and was asking questions about the night they were there. They spoke for about 30 minutes. The woman (Joan) offered to give us tickets for MVMCP in hopes we would have a better experience. C told her it was not necessary and that her email was not an effort to get anything for free. Joan insisted and said she would even add the Tonys Town Square Party". So that is how we got the tickets. But we were actually considering the party anyway but had thought it wouldnt be worth it after the MNSSHP fiasco. We are glad Joan was kind enough to offer such a wonderful gift and C sent another email to make sure Joan was credited with such amazing service.

A few hours after they hung up, I had opened MDE to look at our reservation and the tickets ha already been added. Thanks Joan!

Wow! Impressive response time.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Quick update:

First off, Happy Thanksgiving everybody! As C and I sit here watching the Macys Parade, I got bored pretty quick. Why do they insist on starting off with 15 musical numbers from current plays and musicals? And the Donna Summer, "Hot Stuff" number they just performed??? What on Earth does that song have to do with Thanksgiving? Hot Stuff(ing)?? lol. Or Are the trying to sexualize the holiday? /rant

On to more enjoyable things and actual holiday news. We were finally able to add an additional day to our upcoming December trip. We wanted to add a day to the beginning of the trip so we could settle in and then have a full 8 days at BWV. We actually had several options that opened up. We were strongly considering The Waldorf. Then i noticed that a 1br villa at SSR opened up on DVC. C and I went back and forth for awhile trying to decide if SSR was a good choice since its easy access to Downtown Disney or we could go with Waldorf and add a new resort to our list of the ones we have stayed at. When I refreshed the DVC app to check availability, I noticed a 1br villa VGF (Grand Floridian) was available!! A few minutes later, we had it booked!

It was 11 more points than the SSR 1 b villa, but we figured its a Christmas trip and this will be a really exciting way to kick off the trip! And yes we also realize that after basking in the size and beauty of a 1 br villa at GF, we will be downgrading to a studio for the next 8 days, but thats ok with us. We love the BW and it will be fun to knock VGF off our list of resorts we have stayed at. The 1 br villa is seriously nice, IMO.

DVCGF.jpg

DVCGF3.jpg
DVCGF2.jpg

DVCGF1.jpg

Hopefully we get an early check in, or at least before 4 pm. We figured if the room isnt ready when we arrive (should be around 11 am-ish), then we can hop on the monorail and go to MK for awhile. And then the plan is to relax and enjoy the room for the rest of the day. We are still deciding if we want to try and make a dinner reservation somewhere op the loop, or get some food and bring it to the room. My vote is ride the monorail to Poly, get some pork and pineapple nachos at Captain Cooks and bring them back to the room! C wants to take a bubble bath (after cleaning out the tub of course, because she is a germaphobe), and I said I would go get food to bring back while she enjoys her tub. We shall see!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Happy Thanksgiving. I also watched some of the parade but didn't see the part you referenced. One thing that bugged me were all the commercials, and I don't mean just the regular TV ones--for some reason it seemed like there were more sponsor-themed flying balloons this time, but maybe it's just me.

Other than the above, the parade was still fun to watch. Interesting how they had to tether the balloons so much lower this year, due to the wind. (Where I live (which is not NY), it was windy, and our wind chills this morning were down to negative 3. ) The entire Northeast was colder than usual for Thanksgiving.

Anyway, happy to hear about your plans. You usually always manage to score some very nice accommodations. Enjoy!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
😂 Count us in! I think some pulled pork nachos are also in order.
Whenever we meet a Poly, nachos are implied:)
Happy Thanksgiving. I also watched some of the parade but didn't see the part you referenced. One thing that bugged me were all the commercials, and I don't mean just the regular TV ones--for some reason it seemed like there were more sponsor-themed flying balloons this time, but maybe it's just me.

Other than the above, the parade was still fun to watch. Interesting how they had to tether the balloons so much lower this year, due to the wind. (Where I live (which is not NY), it was windy, and our wind chills this morning were down to negative 3. ) The entire Northeast was colder than usual for Thanksgiving.

Anyway, happy to hear about your plans. You usually always manage to score some very nice accommodations. Enjoy!
The parade got a little better once the floats began, but it did seem like more sponsorships this year.
Oh boy!! Yes, I'm in! Already bookmarked this PTR/TR! :joyfull:
Set the controls for the heart of Baseline Tap House!

fractal

Quick update:

First off, Happy Thanksgiving everybody! As C and I sit here watching the Macys Parade, I got bored pretty quick. Why do they insist on starting off with 15 musical numbers from current plays and musicals? And the Donna Summer, "Hot Stuff" number they just performed??? What on Earth does that song have to do with Thanksgiving? Hot Stuff(ing)?? lol. Or Are the trying to sexualize the holiday? /rant

On to more enjoyable things and actual holiday news. We were finally able to add an additional day to our upcoming December trip. We wanted to add a day to the beginning of the trip so we could settle in and then have a full 8 days at BWV. We actually had several options that opened up. We were strongly considering The Waldorf. Then i noticed that a 1br villa at SSR opened up on DVC. C and I went back and forth for awhile trying to decide if SSR was a good choice since its easy access to Downtown Disney or we could go with Waldorf and add a new resort to our list of the ones we have stayed at. When I refreshed the DVC app to check availability, I noticed a 1br villa VGF (Grand Floridian) was available!! A few minutes later, we had it booked!

It was 11 more points than the SSR 1 b villa, but we figured its a Christmas trip and this will be a really exciting way to kick off the trip! And yes we also realize that after basking in the size and beauty of a 1 br villa at GF, we will be downgrading to a studio for the next 8 days, but thats ok with us. We love the BW and it will be fun to knock VGF off our list of resorts we have stayed at. The 1 br villa is seriously nice, IMO.

View attachment 327547

View attachment 327550View attachment 327549
View attachment 327548

Hopefully we get an early check in, or at least before 4 pm. We figured if the room isnt ready when we arrive (should be around 11 am-ish), then we can hop on the monorail and go to MK for awhile. And then the plan is to relax and enjoy the room for the rest of the day. We are still deciding if we want to try and make a dinner reservation somewhere op the loop, or get some food and bring it to the room. My vote is ride the monorail to Poly, get some pork and pineapple nachos at Captain Cooks and bring them back to the room! C wants to take a bubble bath (after cleaning out the tub of course, because she is a germaphobe), and I said I would go get food to bring back while she enjoys her tub. We shall see!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom