More "after hours" hard ticket dates

wendysue

Technically the park is open till 1a. You just gotta pay a little extra. Wonder how many of those dates sync up with an Early Morning Magic Event. WDW is getting really good at selling the same real estate 3x a day.

WDW selling the real estate three times a day, among other things was the reason we canceled our AP's and will no longer attend. I am glad that we had many good years of vacations when we did, though. Now we will see the rest of the country.

21stamps

I suppose that's the truest statement I've read today.

I want to add something to that, about our museum center. I knew that portions would be closed when I renewed last year (although didn’t realize than another area would suddenly close), and then when I renewed again this year. I voted for a tax increase to fund our museum center repairs a couple of years ago, which for me is a huge deal as I rarely ever vote Yes on any issue that raises taxes. I felt like it would be disingenuous to then cancel our membership when they needed the money the most. I support and love that building, and I know they need every dollar they can get... even if my entertainment value isn’t there right now. (We do use reciprocity for COSI though, but still come out way behind given our membership level)

How does that relate to Disney? Because Disney does not need my money, they will be fine without it, I don’t have a sense of loyalty or support to the company... I know they’d be just fine without my vacation dollars. So, if the entertainment value was suddenly less, and the price was higher, why would I possibly still give my money to Disney??? I don’t even get a tax break for those dollars.
That’s what I never understand about these threads. I keep hoping that I’ll read something that I can make sense of.

Missymoe4

Closing down MK at 10PM during the summer is exactly normal.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/july17.cfm

Please stop spreading myths / lies.

I don’t think the OP meant to lie. I remember days when the MK was open until midnight every night in the summer. And I remember extra magic hours going until 3 am.

10 pm is a bummer. It seems to have changed just (maybe?) 8-10 years ago.

NickMaio

I don’t think the OP meant to lie. I remember days when the MK was open until midnight every night in the summer. And I remember extra magic hours going until 3 am.

I also remember this - - -it was not that long ago.
Value for $$$ has definitely changed. Its all about the up-sell and the cut back now.

clarabellej

crxbrett

Yeah, summer '11 was the last time the park was consistently open til Midnight and 3am for EMHs. In summer '12 they started to cut back and park hours were usually 11p or midnight and EMHs ended at 2am. Then in summer, '13 MK hours went to 11p and EMHs stopped at 1am. Surprisingly, in summer '15 they went back to 12am closings and even 2am EMHs. But then switched back to 11pm and 1am EMHs again the next summer. And then shockingly then took it a step further and started closing the MK at 10p and only doing EMHs til midnight last summer.

I always hold out a sliver of hope that 2 or 3am EMHs at the MK and midnight or 1am EMHs at the EPCOT and the Studios will return. But sadly, I think those days are probably long gone. With attendance so high now and tickets so pricey, Disney would have done it by now if they were going to.

-

kong1802

Original Poster
It appeared that the parks were not going to be open very late for our Spring Break visit, but as the date approached, later times were posted. I’ve even been in MK at night when extended hours were announced. Nothing is concrete.

I can tell you what is concrete.

They won't extend hours on the dates where they have already sold those hours for this event.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I can tell you what is concrete.

They won't extend hours on the dates where they have already sold those hours for this event.
They are more likely to just make these extra hour events the norm then to start opening the park up to regular guests. And why shouldn't they? Read any thread about these after hours events and you'll get people telling you what a good value they are.

kong1802

Original Poster
They are more likely to just make these extra hour events the norm then to start opening the park up to regular guests. And why shouldn't they? Read any thread about these after hours events and you'll get people telling you what a good value they are.

We probably aren't too far away from a 9-7 regular park admission ticket, flanked on either side by a hard ticket event.

And that 9-7 ticket will cost you more than a regular one day ticket costs now. (in case anyone had any dreams that they would lower it)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Funny how they managed it for forty years.
Bigger crowds mean more congested bottlenecks. Don't get me wrong, my biggest Disney fever dream would be a SpectroMagic 2.0 for the 50th anniversary, but they'd need to have an escape route behind the buildings on the East side of Main Street for me to really want it back.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Bigger crowds mean more congested bottlenecks. Don't get me wrong, my biggest Disney fever dream would be a SpectroMagic 2.0 for the 50th anniversary, but they'd need to have an escape route behind the buildings on the East side of Main Street for me to really want it back.
Imagine if they’d expanded the hub to cope with bigger crowds and run a parade through it.

Last edited:

BoarderPhreak

Park hours go down (or split for events) and prices go up. Sounds legit.

...They’ve just got to stop shoehorning things in before 9-10pm for normal guests.
Yeah, that just baffles the mind. They do that at EC too, but thankfully the crowds manage themselves because of how they're spread out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom