More "after hours" hard ticket dates

kong1802

Original Poster
Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

I didn't realize that MK is celebrating its one year anniversary this July....
2018 - 10:00 normal
2017 - 10:00 normal
2016 - 10:00 normal
2015 - Midnight normal
2014 - Midnight normal
2013 - 11:00 normal
2012 - 11:00 normal
2011 - Midnight normal

These things fluctuate all the time, independently of additional hard ticket events. 2014 and 2015 were peak Mine Train hype, and they also had the nighttime parade clogging up traffic and holding in guests every night (sometimes twice per night). Animal Kingdom was also closing at 6:00 or 7:00 back then, giving guests one fewer place to go in the evenings.

I'd expect a return to 11:00 or midnight summers if an when they announce a new parade for the 50th anniversary.

Biff215

Just checked and glad I managed to dodge these dates with my MK nights. While it may not affect me after 10:00, admitting guests at 7:00 certainly could impact HEA and the crowds until closing. Still miss those good old E-Ride Nights when you could do this for under $20!

kong1802

Original Poster
2018 - 10:00 normal
2017 - 10:00 normal
2016 - 10:00 normal
2015 - Midnight normal
2014 - Midnight normal
2013 - 11:00 normal
2012 - 11:00 normal
2011 - Midnight normal

These things fluctuate all the time, independently of additional hard ticket events. 2014 and 2015 were peak Mine Train hype, and they also had the nighttime parade clogging up traffic and holding in guests every night (sometimes twice per night). Animal Kingdom was also closing at 6:00 or 7:00 back then, giving guests one fewer place to go in the evenings.

I'd expect a return to 11:00 or midnight summers if an when they announce a new parade for the 50th anniversary.

Seems to be fluctuating in one direction... The hours tank starting 2016. Almost like they were setting something up......

June 1-30th 2011 - 439 Included hours + 36 EMH = 475 (Wow, EMH)
June 1-30th 2012 - 426 Included hours + 35 EMH= 461 (Wow, EMH)
June 1-30th 2013 - 431 Included hours + 13 EMH = 444
June 1-30th 2014 - 461 Included hours + 11 EMH = 472
June 1-30th 2015 - 469 Included hours + 12 EMH = 481
June 1-30th 2016 - 425 Included hours + 14 EMH = 439
June 1-30th 2017 - 394 Included hours + 13 EMH = 407

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Technically the park is open till 1a. You just gotta pay a little extra. Wonder how many of those dates sync up with an Early Morning Magic Event. WDW is getting really good at selling the same real estate 3x a day.

until it begins costing them more to keep the park staffed than profit made...this will only continue to grow.... unfortunately

CaptainAmerica

Interesting how you describe (spin) a nighttime parade. I'd argue a majority of those guests were "enjoying" that parade.
No. People were desperate to flee the MK at 10PM, but WDW maliciously blocked them with lighted floats. A ransom was paid, the parade dismantled, and now people are free to leave at 10. It was a great day for liberty!
Obviously the people watching the parade were enjoying the parade. But the presence of the parade is a nuisance to those visiting the park who aren't watching it. I have no idea which subset of guests was larger. Operationally, the parade was a burden.

Biff215

Obviously the people watching the parade were enjoying the parade. But the presence of the parade is a nuisance to those visiting the park who aren't watching it. I have no idea which subset of guests was larger. Operationally, the parade was a burden.
I guess technically "operationally" all of the attractions are a bit of a burden. You have to pay staff, electricity, maintenance, etc.

I understand what you mean about the effect the parade can have, but that's typical of all the parades, and I'm not sure I'd categorize it as a "nuisance". They're typically fairly simple to avoid and lighten the lines some at other attractions. I'd always prefer to have something rather than nothing.

kong1802

Original Poster

Now if they'd just get rid of those "pesky" fireworks and we could all just waltz out at 8.

CaptainAmerica

I guess technically "operationally" all of the attractions are a bit of a burden. You have to pay staff, electricity, maintenance, etc.

I understand what you mean about the effect the parade can have, but that's typical of all the parades, and I'm not sure I'd categorize it as a "nuisance". They're typically fairly simple to avoid and lighten the lines some at other attractions. I'd always prefer to have something rather than nothing.
In my opinion, the issue isn't the parade per se. The issue is that particular parade route in that particular park at that particular time of day. Main Street was the primary parade viewing area, the primary fireworks viewing area, the primary shopping area, the only entrance route into the park, and the only egress route out of the park, and the demand for four of those functions (parade, fireworks, shopping, and egress) all peaked within the same hour or two every night. It was too much in the same spot all at the same time.

Is Disney still developing a "backstage" egress route behind the Main Street buildings? If so, I think that's the piece they need in order to make a nighttime parade viable again.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
until it begins costing them more to keep the park staffed than profit made...this will only continue to grow.... unfortunately
That will never happen. The resort will return to swamp before that happens. There are so many guests out there who will legit pay Disney any amount of money, for anything the mouse can come up with to offer. @George has a good example of Disney offering to dump a steaming bucket of excrement on you, for a hefty price, and people will pay it. And you know what, I think he's right.

kong1802

Original Poster
That will never happen. The resort will return to swamp before that happens. There are so many guests out there who will legit pay Disney any amount of money, for anything the mouse can come up with to offer. @George has a good example of Disney offering to dump a steaming bucket of excrement on you, for a hefty price, and people will pay it. And you know what, I think he's right.

If they call it "mouse poo", it will sell out

CaptainAmerica

Now if they'd just get rid of those "pesky" fireworks and we could all just waltz out at 8.
*Sigh.* No, but designing them so that they can be viewed from various lands without needing to be centered on Main Street would help.

IllumiNations isn't a problem because the crowd is huge but spread out. Fantasmic isn't a problem because the crowd is huge but out of the way. The problems only come up when the huge crowd is concentrated and in the way.

kong1802

Original Poster
In my opinion, the issue isn't the parade per se. The issue is that particular parade route in that particular park at that particular time of day. Main Street was the primary parade viewing area, the primary fireworks viewing area, the primary shopping area, the only entrance route into the park, and the only egress route out of the park, and the demand for four of those functions (parade, fireworks, shopping, and egress) all peaked within the same hour or two every night. It was too much in the same spot all at the same time.

Is Disney still developing a "backstage" egress route behind the Main Street buildings? If so, I think that's the piece they need in order to make a nighttime parade viable again.

The night time parade will return, during the special "Summer nights Extravaganza Party" at $120 a ticket.....

kong1802

Original Poster
*Sigh.* No, but designing them so that they can be viewed from various lands without needing to be centered on Main Street would help.

IllumiNations isn't a problem because the crowd is huge but spread out. Fantasmic isn't a problem because the crowd is huge but out of the way. The problems only come up when the huge crowd is concentrated and in the way.

Do you honestly believe that the parade is the only reason the park stayed open past 10?

Is that the reason we are discussing it?

21stamps

It was smart to do this during summer this year. A lot more people will be able to attend. Glad to see Disney switching it up.

If you have a trip planned- cut back one day of park tickets, and do this instead. I can’t imagine regretting it afterwards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom