MontyMon’s 2-10 February ’08 TR

This would have been done a lot faster if I hadn’t had to download all 539 pics from my camera to my computer ONE AT A TIME! And if a certain someone hadn’t constantly interrupted while I was composing… LOL!

Day One – Arrival & DHS

DS12 and I flew direct Ottawa-MCO, arriving at 2:44PM. DME whisked us to the Polynesian [even with stops at WL and Contemporary it was still quick], we checked in and found our room [Fiji 2320] and we were at Disney’s Hollywood Studios within two and a half hours of our plane touching down.

Our room:

Bathroom:

100_0946.JPG

100_0947.JPG

Bedroom:

100_0948.JPG

100_0949.JPG

DS12 posing:

100_0950.JPG

Our first towel animals:

100_0952.JPG

100_0953.JPG

The artwork:

100_0955.JPG

We headed for RnRC, but the wait was 140 and FPs were long gone. Then we tried ToT, the wait was 40, but we had dinner ressies that meant we couldn’t risk it. So we wandered stores and went to Sci Fi for dinner. DS12 had the Shrimp Penne and I had the Grilled Chicken Bruschetta sandwich. After dinner we rode GMR and then headed to Fantasmic! to queue for the second show. The queue was very crowded and the first show took a long time to exit, so we were late starting. The show had been down all week, so there were a lot of folks trying to squeeze it in before leaving. We got great seats, front row and slightly left of centre. The show was as wonderful as always.

After Fantasmic! We crashed for the night.

H20Babie

I've been to China, Japan, Venezuela, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Bermuda, Grenada, Curacao, The Virgin Islands and The Bahamas. I have every intention of visiting many, many more places when the opportunities present themselves. I love meeting people from different cultures.

Adopt me, please? :D

BTW, I like the thank you cards. Very gallant of you, Prince Charming. I'm looking forward to my upgrade in 44 days :lol: ... I was just planning to buy some balloons and hand them out to children, or "pay it forward" at the ice cream stands, but now I may have to reconsider and think of a way to spoil some CMs!

TwoTigersMom

I did, but it was subtle.... :lookaroun

subtle and nonexistent are two different words

I found her watching one of the many street performers around Boardwalk and we watched for a while. Then we wandered the Boardwalk, we tried to go into the duellin pianos bar, but a $10 for one drink each was too much, we sat and chatted for a while before she had to go and recover her laundry from the machines at her resort. We walked back together and said our goodbyes. I caught the bus to MK and the driver graciously radioed for permission to drop me at Poly. She got permission to drop me at the TTC instead, which was still better than MK at closing…

I see nothing here about a naked friend :lol:

Figment1986

-looks around and sees my photo used without paying royalties..-

-lets monty get away with it just this once.. ;)-

great report...

KnK

I so look forward to your trip reports. Wish I could have met up with folks. We always seem to go during a time when know else is around, or they just left or just getting there as we leave:(

sweetpee_1993

Cool report. It was fun to read and see the pics along the way. I have a couple questions tho. When you're on vacation, how do you remember what you did each day? Do you jot down notes from time to time? I never remember things in such detail as far as chronological order. We just went in December and I couldn't tell you which parks we hit on which days. LOL! Also, did you get some Tonga Toast??? I bet you hated it, huh? :lol: J/K! We ate at Kona on our last trip (again, I couldn't tell ya which day it was) and I had the Tonga Toast. Man, is that not like crack-on-a-plate or what? That's some good stuff, for sure. Glad you enjoyed it. :D

Again, thanks a million for such a fun report to read. Your DS is quite the lucky fella to have such a cool Dad. :cool:

lpet11984

Awesome trip report, looks like it was a blast! Between the tonga toast and the room, I'm going to have to try the Poly sometime.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Cool report. It was fun to read and see the pics along the way. I have a couple questions tho. When you're on vacation, how do you remember what you did each day? Do you jot down notes from time to time? I never remember things in such detail as far as chronological order. We just went in December and I couldn't tell you which parks we hit on which days. LOL! Also, did you get some Tonga Toast??? I bet you hated it, huh? :lol: J/K! We ate at Kona on our last trip (again, I couldn't tell ya which day it was) and I had the Tonga Toast. Man, is that not like crack-on-a-plate or what? That's some good stuff, for sure. Glad you enjoyed it. :D

Again, thanks a million for such a fun report to read. Your DS is quite the lucky fella to have such a cool Dad. :cool:
Each day's park and TS meals are charted out six months in advance, rides and stuff are go-with-the-flow and haphazard [we bounce all over the parks]. I keep track of what we did each day in my head and make point-form notes on my laptop every night. Then when I get home I upload my pics and write the daily blurb around them. I'm a tad obsessive.... :eek:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So that was the story? Sowwy, thought there was more coming :(:eek::)
:ROFLOL:

Laura did say everybody was making too much out of it...

While we were sitting on Boardwalk chatting, I got a text from a friend asking if I was enjoying my vacation. The friend happens to be employed as an exotic dancer. End of story. :shrug:

But figured I'd string some folks along for a while... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom