MontyMon’s 2-10 February ’08 TR

This would have been done a lot faster if I hadn’t had to download all 539 pics from my camera to my computer ONE AT A TIME! And if a certain someone hadn’t constantly interrupted while I was composing… LOL!

Day One – Arrival & DHS

DS12 and I flew direct Ottawa-MCO, arriving at 2:44PM. DME whisked us to the Polynesian [even with stops at WL and Contemporary it was still quick], we checked in and found our room [Fiji 2320] and we were at Disney’s Hollywood Studios within two and a half hours of our plane touching down.

Our room:

Bathroom:

100_0946.JPG

100_0947.JPG

Bedroom:

100_0948.JPG

100_0949.JPG

DS12 posing:

100_0950.JPG

Our first towel animals:

100_0952.JPG

100_0953.JPG

The artwork:

100_0955.JPG

We headed for RnRC, but the wait was 140 and FPs were long gone. Then we tried ToT, the wait was 40, but we had dinner ressies that meant we couldn’t risk it. So we wandered stores and went to Sci Fi for dinner. DS12 had the Shrimp Penne and I had the Grilled Chicken Bruschetta sandwich. After dinner we rode GMR and then headed to Fantasmic! to queue for the second show. The queue was very crowded and the first show took a long time to exit, so we were late starting. The show had been down all week, so there were a lot of folks trying to squeeze it in before leaving. We got great seats, front row and slightly left of centre. The show was as wonderful as always.

After Fantasmic! We crashed for the night.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I was very surprised how laid-back and easy-going he is. I kind of figured at the Meet we'd be all these fogies and he'd be bouncing off the walls. :lol:
He's a pretty fantastic kid... Hopefully mostly my fault. :D

jedimaster1227

A great TR!

Are you sure the Epcot Gallery is gone??? :veryconfu I was told by my friends in management that it would remain until December 31st, 2008...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
A great TR!

Are you sure the Epcot Gallery is gone??? :veryconfu I was told by my friends in management that it would remain until December 31st, 2008...
I've been told it is still there. It was just closed while we tried to see it. :shrug:

[there was another guest who tried to open the doors, so it wasn't just that they'd swung closed or anything... :(]

NewfieFan

Another great TR! Glad the "Meet Monty" was successful dispite the lack of my appearance!:lol: And I won't get the chance to see you on the next trip, we're going in Sept.! Seriously, looks like you had a great trip, thanks for posting!

tigsmom

That didn't look like 539 pictures. :mad:

Looks like you guys had another great trip and your son is getting tall. :king:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
That didn't look like 539 pictures. :mad:

Looks like you guys had another great trip and your son is getting tall. :king:
A vast majority were out-of-focus, or just blurred by movement, or just crap... But I had to get them onto my computer to determine what was savable and what wasn't...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
That's it, Monty has spent way too much time in the South :rolleyes:
Actually, no... I just adapt easily to others' linguistic traits... When I speak French, Russian, Serbo-Croatian or Italian, I sound like a native speaker to natives. It's just a knack I have. [My other languages, not so much, but that because I didn't learn them from native speakers]

Jenngusto

That was an awesome trip report.
It looks like you had a great time and, geez, you didn't get a chance to try Tonga Toast?! Geez, you better make time for it your next trip.. JK :lookaroun

EPCOT.nut

\When I speak French, Russian, Serbo-Croatian or Italian, I sound like a native speaker to natives.

I've always wanted to speak several languages. Russian and German are both up there on the list for me. I don't want to travel outside of the USA so I don't know how I would use any other language....:confused:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I've always wanted to speak several languages. Russian and German are both up there on the list for me. I don't want to travel outside of the USA so I don't know how I would use any other language....:confused:
There's a great big beautiful world out here... Come visit some of it! :D

I've been to China, Japan, Venezuela, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Bermuda, Grenada, Curacao, The Virgin Islands and The Bahamas. I have every intention of visiting many, many more places when the opportunities present themselves. I love meeting people from different cultures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom