Monstropolis Coming to DHS?

Surferboy567

————LONG POST WARNING————-

Firstly, Bumping this thread, Sorry this isn’t a wink by Marni: Just a theory

This could mean nothing (and I’m probably reading way too much into this) but I’d thought I’d at least bring this up. Also I’m not sure if this has been said but here goes:

I have a theory I have dubbed the “Banner Theory”. As you all know Disney has been plastering the DHS 30th logo all over the park. Along with it banners have also been popping up these banners all have something to do with a future addition coming to the studios...except one (more on that later)

Among all the banners we have:

Star Wars/Galaxy’s Edge:
-Chewbacca
-BB-8

Toy Story Land:
-Slinky
-Woody
-Jessie

Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
-Lightning
-Mater
-Cruz

Frozen:
-Anna
-Elsa
-Olaf

Muppet Vision:
-Piggy
-Kermit

Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway:
-Mickey
-Minnie
-Goofy

You get the picture a banner relates to an upcoming attraction. Their is one set of banners I haven’t mentioned yet...Monsters Inc both Mike & Sully have banners. Now this could be for the meet and greet (and I’m probably looking way too much into it) but maybe Disney are planning a monsters inc something to put into HWS. Doesn’t have to be what we all think it is but something Monsters related. I would love to have it in HWS as I have outlined in a past post (that I’m too lazy to quote) Any thoughts feel free to blast me in the comments about how much I’m reaching with this theory. Yes, I realize this project has been considered dead for a while but you never know.

Side Note: If somehow this ends up becoming true “Banner Theory” shall be remembered

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member

This could mean nothing (and I’m probably reading way too much into this) but I’d thought I’d at least bring this up. Also I’m not sure if this has been said but here goes:

I have a theory I have dubbed the “Banner Theory”. As you all know Disney has been plastering the DHS 30th logo all over the park. Along with it banners have also been popping up these banners all have something to do with a future addition coming to the studios...except one (more on that later)

Star Wars/Galaxy’s Edge:
-Chewbacca
-BB-8

Toy Story Land:
-Slinky
-Woody
-Jessie

-Lightning
-Mater
-Cruz

Frozen:
-Anna
-Elsa
-Olaf

Muppet Vision:
-Piggy
-Kermit

-Mickey
-Minnie
-Goofy

You get the picture a banner relates to an upcoming attraction. Their is one set of banners I haven’t mentioned yet...Monsters Inc both Mike & Sully have banners. Now this could be for the meet and greet (and I’m probably looking way too much into it) but maybe Disney are planning a monsters inc something to put into HWS. Doesn’t have to be what we all think it is but something Monsters related. I would love to have it in HWS as I have outlined in a past post (that I’m too lazy to quote) Any thoughts feel free to blast me in the comments about how much I’m reaching with this theory. Yes, I realize this project has been considered dead for a while but you never know.

Side Note: If somehow this ends up becoming true “Banner Theory” shall be remembered

Not a bad theory. Brand recog. I believe folks tried a similar thing looking at the artwork for the gondola cabins. While others may still feel like Monsters will not have an extended presence in DHS - I'll go against the grain and say Jim Hill might be right. (it can happen) Maybe not the extremes of what he proposed but I still wouldn't count Monster Inc out yet. Just my thoughts.

The Grand Inquisitor

Star Wars/Galaxy’s Edge:
-Chewbacca
-BB-8

Toy Story Land:
-Slinky
-Woody
-Jessie

-Lightning
-Mater
-Cruz

Frozen:
-Anna
-Elsa
-Olaf

Muppet Vision:
-Piggy
-Kermit

-Mickey
-Minnie
-Goofy

I bet Monsters Inc and Indy are the phase 2 coming to DHS.

Disney Maddux

Star Wars/Galaxy’s Edge:
-Chewbacca
-BB-8

Toy Story Land:
-Slinky
-Woody
-Jessie

-Lightning
-Mater
-Cruz

Frozen:
-Anna
-Elsa
-Olaf

Muppet Vision:
-Piggy
-Kermit

-Mickey
-Minnie
-Goofy

Banner Theory...

GASP

Hulk = Bruce Banner

Hulk ride confirmed.

Marvel Land confirmed for DHS, coming in 2054.

Ismael Flores

well universal i starting land clearing for a third park so what may Disney have up their sleeves for counter programming in 2024-2025

maybe an expansion for DHS which is the weekest park in florida

Surferboy567

For the record, I have to state that on the latest episode of the Disney Dish (released today April 8th) Jim Hill has stated that the monsters project is now shelved once again until they can see how the show does on Disney +. He also said something about the iconic arch (I wasn’t really clear on what he said though). Another point he said was about the expansion location if it were to happen and it’s behind launch bay. What I found weird was he mentioned that Disney Junior & Brown Derby (rumored to be Club 33) had to stay regardless of what happened. I didn’t know Disney Junior was that popular? The brown derby I understand. He also told Len on the show to “watch this space” that could mean anything but maybe it’s not monsters going in that expansion area (I wasn’t very clear he was vague in his comments) Anyways I’d thought I’d spread the message. I still can’t shake this gut feeling telling me we are getting monsters.

PS (it’s kinda sad I have to end this with this disclaimer but here goes) No, I don’t take everything that Jim Hill says as fact. It however, is not bad to acknowledge what he says becuase he has a track record. I hope to not see any HATE COMMENTS when I mention Jim’s name.

And with that disclaimer out of the way....let the CIVIL DEBATE BEGIN!

lazyboy97o

Star Wars/Galaxy’s Edge:
-Chewbacca
-BB-8

Toy Story Land:
-Slinky
-Woody
-Jessie

-Lightning
-Mater
-Cruz

Frozen:
-Anna
-Elsa
-Olaf

Muppet Vision:
-Piggy
-Kermit

-Mickey
-Minnie
-Goofy

The big problem with your theory is that it is largely operating under this common, but false, belief that all design at Disney is handled by a very small group that plans outs years in advance. Even inside Walt Disney Imagineering, one is not supposed to share project information with people not on the project. The graphic designers working on the banners are not going to be told about unannounced and such projects will not be locked in so far in advance. Disney also typically announces projects rather early in their design process.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom