Monsters, Inc. - Laugh Floor Previews Has Begun

dxwwf3

I'm sorry... I didnt' know that I had to post "I agree" or " :sohappy: " after every sentence that's written so I make "mention of anything positive." Take a look at post #127... it was highlighting a positive. But since it's important, let me repost my reply for you. :p

You don't HAVE to do anything, but it certainly was nice to see something like this post :lol:. Post #127 wasn't from some one that has a history of disagreeing with your viewpoints, BTW.

CaptainMichael

I was getting ready to ask you to make a list like this.

Pirates isn't really an "addition" but it is definitely a step in the right direction. Philharmagic is usually enjoyed by everyone equally. And Buzz is hardly a recent addition.

You're being quite liberal with the Playful Spot description :lol: But I sure hope you're right. As it stands now, this is a kid ONLY attraction and that's fine, but let's not make it something it isn't yet.

After listening to a preview of The Laugh Floor I believe it will more for kids than Turtle Talk, but I did like what I heard all things considering. I'm not sure non-Disney fan 20/30 year olds will think much of it (where TT is popular among this group), but I enjoyed what I heard.

You're also forgetting the new live entertainment added that is mainly kid focused. What about the reduced openings for Carousel of Progress? What about the increase of meet and greets added sometimes at the expense of entertainment aimed at the older crowd?

Yeah, but Buzz was new to me when we went in 2003. My Senior class enjoyed it during Grad Nite.

Not liberal, just logical. It doesn't make sense to go through the expense of filling in a giant lagoon without having a purpose greater than a playground. I'm pretty sure Lee has hinted towards this being a spot looked at for a potential project.

Well, we really don't know how the Laugh Floor will end up. As the comedians get better, etc, so can the show. It's also very easy to fix if something isn't working...very upgradeable.

I've always felt like live entertainment is aimed at the younger crowd...that's why I avoid it and do things I enjoy. All these things keep the kiddies out of the way...and that's a good thing. CoP has always been open when I want to ride, so I cannot comment.

dxwwf3

I've always felt like live entertainment is aimed at the younger crowd...that's why I avoid it and do things I enjoy. All these things keep the kiddies out of the way...and that's a good thing. CoP has always been open when I want to ride, so I cannot comment.

Consider yourself fortunate :lol:

Anyways, I don't think that live entertainment has to be that way. But yes in it's current state, I always skip and go on to the things I want to enjoy as well.

Epcot82Guy

Yet again, my point was taken out of context (although it has sparked quite the debate with other people. :lol: ). What I meant was that if Disney takes the approach that some are suggesting that it comes at the cost of this age group. The same thing would happen if Disney went entirely adult. I do not mean there is nothing for the 20 and 30-somethings. I mean that the more decisions made for the families with small children, the less persuasive the argument is. The entire point being that the focus should be on overarching entertainment. And, again, the LFCC is not a good posterchild for this. While it suffers from some thematic issues with context IMHO, this attraction is more the current posterchild.

Can we all just get past the fighting and focus on what's really important: Previews! Updates on when there's a chance to get on? new reviews? When full scale previews will start? inside scoops? Anything!?!?

But, I think this is the best post. We have been perpetuating this in multiple threads. People see it differently, plain and simple. Disney has the right to do what they want and, when it comes down to it, each of us has the ability to speak with our wallets (which is, (un)fortunately, the only thing that speaks in Corporate America). So... anyone else see any more previews or changes?

nibblesandbits

Epcot82Guy said:
Yet again, my point was taken out of context (although it has sparked quite the debate with other people. ). What I meant was that if Disney takes the approach that some are suggesting that it comes at the cost of this age group.The same thing would happen if Disney went entirely adult. I do not mean there is nothing for the 20 and 30-somethings. I mean that the more decisions made for the families with small children, the less persuasive the argument is. The entire point being that the focus should be on overarching entertainment. And, again, the LFCC is not a good posterchild for this. While it suffers from some thematic issues with context IMHO, this attraction is more the current posterchild.

But that was more my point...I don't think that they are focusing on just one age group. To me...even those some of these new attractions are "geared" towards kids...my 20 something friends would still find them entertaining. No matter what age the attractions are supposedly geared towards...they would still be able to find them fun and worthwhile.

CThaddeus

Back on topic.. are there previews daily, weekly, randomly??

I was there Monday and they did not appear to be doing any previews that day. I walked by numerous times hoping they might, but to no avail. I was impressed at how fast they got those signs up, though. I was there on Wednesday of the previous week and there was nothing. I'm sure it was to promote it in the Christmas Parade, but it was impressive to see something appear so quickly.
On an annoying sidenote: they had security guards placed outside of it, telling people they could take pictures of the signs because they would show up on the websites. Obviously, that didn't work too well, because the sign appears on this website already. And, of course, I just waited until the guard was distracted by one of his CM buddies and took pictures, too. I'm evil that way.
On another side note, I'm tired of the bad rap Stitch's Great Escape gets. Personally, I find this attraction a VAST improvement over the Alien Encounter bloodbath attraction, and like I did during my visit in May, I made it a point to go on Stitch twice last week. Not once in any of the viewings - or afterwards - did I hear anyone say a bad word about it. People (including children of all ages) were laughing, smiling, and enjoying themselves. And so was I. I even heard one younger boy say it was his FAVORITE attraction he'd been on so far...and he was at Animal Kingdom at the time. I'm sorry if so many of you hate it so much. Some of us feel otherwise, and when it is constantly referred to as the worst attraction, when junk like Pooh's Playful Spot, LMA, that Narnia walkthrough thingy, and Under New Management are far worse, it really annoys me. Of course you have a right to hate it, but I think it's liked far more than you might care to admit.

sknydave

I don't think many people hate it so much as dissapointed to see Alien Encounter go.. I don't think it's too bad but I did love Alien Encounter :( They had the guard outside and no previews while I was there last week as well. I'll be back in MK on thursday so I hope they will be previewing!

dxwwf3

Not once in any of the viewings - or afterwards - did I hear anyone say a bad word about it. People (including children of all ages) were laughing, smiling, and enjoying themselves. And so was I. I even heard one younger boy say it was his FAVORITE attraction he'd been on so far...and he was at Animal Kingdom at the time.

That's good to hear. Other people have certainly seen other things, but nobody is there ALL the time. Hopefully The Laugh Floor will have similar results.

Epcot82Guy

I think it is poised to do better. Mostly because it is not replacing a more major attraction or an "old classic". TK certainly had its fans (including myself), but it was simply not functioning anymore. This is an "upgrade" as far as the premise/technology of the attraction sort of like M2M-> AE or Dreamflight --> Buzz.

dxwwf3

I think it is poised to do better. Mostly because it is not replacing a more major attraction or an "old classic". TK certainly had its fans (including myself), but it was simply not functioning anymore. This is an "upgrade" as far as the premise/technology of the attraction sort of like M2M-> AE or Dreamflight --> Buzz.

I think that's pretty fair and accurate. I personally thought The Timekeeper was one of the best filmed attractions in WDW history, but I think you're right.

M:SpilotISTC12

I really think they could have done so much more with the idea than what they did. This is another bad"upgrade". The first one being Stitch. I wonder what they did with the TK AA. Although I will give the laugh floor this is that it has a cool idea of being an interactive show but Monsters Inc. shouldnt be a show.

imagineer boy

Yep, before you know it, they'll be adding kids voices in the background saying "This is cool!" "Mike Wazowski is so funny!" "This is fun!" :lookaroun

Good god I hope not.

askmike1

Yep, before you know it, they'll be adding kids voices in the background saying "This is cool!" "Mike Wazowski is so funny!" "This is fun!" :lookaroun

Good god I hope not.
It's not like that is anything new. They do that in many places to incite audience 'participation'. Muppets has the 'he's over there' in the Bean Bunny search, UoE has the 'a bad hair day, a dream sequence' bit, both SGE & AE use/d fake audience voices ('my mother-in-law', etc), etc.

dxwwf3

It's not like that is anything new. They do that in many places to incite audience 'participation'. Muppets has the 'he's over there' in the Bean Bunny search, UoE has the 'a bad hair day, a dream sequence' bit, both SGE & AE use/d fake audience voices ('my mother-in-law', etc), etc.

SGE's were used to AVOID certain audience participation, unlike the other uses.

I heard that they took those away though. I hope that is correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom