Monsters, Inc. - Laugh Floor Previews Has Begun

imagineer boy

I have to throw one more argument out here that is frustrating the heck outta me from some people.

We are arguing MI fits because there will be comedy clubs in the future. So, this is a depiction of the/an actual future. :veryconfu Last time I checked, TL was meant as a presentation of the future that never was after the 94 rehab. It is the fantasy future. Frankly, what really will be in the future has little to no bearing on TL as of now. (If it did, I would argue that IASW would fit since the World will likely be part of our future. Mansion, too, since ghosts aren't going anywhere. and we can keep going). It is a fantastic presentation based on prior ideas. I really haven't seen any science fiction writer that has depicted the monsters under the bed as (a) being real and (b) coming out to live among society (let alone starring in a comedy club). Men flying through space with jetpacks, teleportation, time travel, etc. are all well represented in Jules Verne and his cohorts. If we are going to argue that things will be in the future, please come on board with me in my criticisms of some current Epcot trends. Somehow, though, I don't think many agree with the two sides.

Having said that, I am not in disagreement with having a comedy club set in the future. That concept works. In fact, had Stitch taken over this attraction, I think I might have been more amenable to the change. Some intergallactic stars heckled and taunted by Stitch could have been quite funny and at least would be showcasing a space alien (albeit a modern one).

You can write no wrong! *bows* Good point on comedy clubs in the future thing. Might as well put the Jungle Cruise in Tomorrowland since its likely that there are jungle cruises in the future. Might as well put Cinderella's castle in tomorrowland because I'm sure ancient castles are still going to be standing around in the future.

Connor002

Hm, there is much written on this, but it seems there is a fundamental issue people are missing...

Does it really matter? :lookaroun

It's too late.
MI is in Tomorrowland, and won't be leaving for a while.
Tomorrowland's coherent theme is (or perhaps never was to begin with) gone.
Some will enjoy this attraction.
Some will not.
And some, prehaps, never gave it a chance.

nibblesandbits

Hm, there is much written on this, but it seems there is a fundamental issue people are missing...

It's too late.
Some will not.
Very good points...

PKD

However, I do agree with a lot of you. I really hope that Disney realizes that they could be in a trend of Pixar saturization. Especially with Midway Mania on it's way. I don't have a problem with them using characters to enhance rides...but I do believe that they need to use Pixar characters sparingly...at least in the near future. Otherwise they may experience a backlash. Because even the general public may tire of it...and that is not something the Disney corporation wants I'm sure.

Playing the devil here.... why is Disney using Pixar such a bad thing when it sells? Pixar Characters, to many non disneyantics, are just as good as the Disney "created" characters, to some, better. I don't see a backlash coming anytime soon or ever. Most people see these new attractions just like any other character based attraction.....

imagineer boy

It's too late.
Some will not.

Sad, but true. But there is always the hope that this attraction may be nixed in the near future and a ride that actually fits in the land will take its place. Ditto for Stitch.

Connor002

Sad, but true. But there is always the possibility that this attraction may be nixed in the near future and a ride that actually fits in the land will take its place. Ditto for Stitch.
Extremely unlikely.
Why remove an attraction quickly after investing so much in it?

This is leaving out the possibility (which I believe will occur) that the attraction becomes popular.

Epcot82Guy

It's too late.
Some will not.

True. It's all about perspective, and that is unique to each person. While I broke my own advice earlier, let's leave this thread for actual news. If we want to start a TL theme thread, I suggest we do so in the General Discussion forum.

nibblesandbits

True. It's all about perspective, and that is unique to each person. While I broke my own advice earlier, let's leave this thread for actual news. If we want to start a TL theme thread, I suggest we do so in the General Discussion forum.
Because people will just end up creating new threads for new previews...it's already been done here...:lookaroun

Wilt Dasney

This thread reminds me of people who vote for the losing candidate in an election and then drive around with the bumper sticker for the next 4 years. :p

nibblesandbits

Playing the devil here.... why is Disney using Pixar such a bad thing when it sells? Pixar Characters, to many non disneyantics, are just as good as the Disney "created" characters, to some, better. I don't see a backlash coming anytime soon or ever. Most people see these new attractions just like any other character based attraction.....
Oh I don't think it's really bad at all. I'm really all for any kind of update...no matter whether it's character related (Pixar or other) or not. I love Pixar characters myself. :D

I guess in a way, I kinda went back on what I've been saying all along in that post. (It was early for me...:lol: ) Truthfully, you are right...the general public will probably never notice. They didn't really seem to notice Stitch all over the place. So...there probably wouldn't be much of a backlash, if any.

CaptainMichael

It's too late.
Some will not.

Good lord, this is still going on...

All good points.

Epcot82Guy

You know, after I did this twenty or thirty times, suddenly the idea of Monsters Inc. in Tomorrowland made sense. Thank you wannab@dis. Maybe if I do it a few hundred more times LMA will seem like a good show!

:lol: Modern Disney Attractions: Causing Massive Brain Damage since 2006!

dxwwf3

After listening to the latest Meandering Mouse, I think I'll actually enjoy this attraction. Yeah I listened to it before on another show, but this test show was even better. I was skeptical originally because Turtle Talk didn't really impress me (from internet video only, I must admit), but this sounds much more entertaining. At least to me. So believe it or not, I'm actually praising a character based attraction in Tomorrowland :lol:. But as I have said before, if the attraction is well done, it is very easy to forget any shortcomings.

I really enjoyed the corny jokes from the version the Meandering Mouse show featured. And there is enough of a story that gives the attraction a good feel. Yeah I'm getting all of this from listening to audio, but I'm now actually excited about seeing this show. I actually laughed out loud a few times while listening to the podcast. And that's something I never thought I would say a few months ago. I think the interactivity here works better than what I've seen in Turtle Talk.

Will I enjoy this attraction as much as The Timekeeper? There's no chance in you know where. But that's to be expected. Do I think this attraction will give me reason to enter Tomorrowland from the hub again? I actually think so.

BTW, this post is not a joke :lol:

RSoxNo1

You know, after I did this twenty or thirty times, suddenly the idea of Monsters Inc. in Tomorrowland made sense. Thank you wannab@dis. Maybe if I do it a few hundred more times LMA will seem like a good show!

Without turning this into a flame war (is there any other type of dialogue on this forum), what is it that you don't like about LMA?

Shaman

This thread reminds me of people who vote for the losing candidate in an election and then drive around with the bumper sticker for the next 4 years. :p

LMAO!!! :lol:
(I voted for the losing candidate last time, but took down the bumper sticker a day before the election...where does that put me? :lookaroun )

Shaman

Without turning this into a flame war (is there any other type of dialogue on this forum), what is it that you don't like about LMA?

Everything? :lookaroun
It was cool the first time...the second time it was...eh....(just my opinion though)....
But it fits in the Studios...and gives people SOMETHING to do...right? So it isn't so bad...maybe.

:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom