Monsters, Inc. - Laugh Floor Previews Has Begun

wannab@dis

:lol: Modern Disney Attractions: Causing Massive Brain Damage since 2006!
Then please... don't go. Voice your displeasure with your wallet. Visit the boycott WDW thread and actually follow through. Of course, since you're no longer going to WDW, there would be need to visit a WDW fan forum. :lookaroun

CaptainMichael

After listening to the latest Meandering Mouse, I think I'll actually enjoy this attraction. Yeah I listened to it before on another show, but this test show was even better. I was skeptical originally because Turtle Talk didn't really impress me (from internet video only, I must admit), but this sounds much more entertaining. At least to me. So believe it or not, I'm actually praising a character based attraction in Tomorrowland :lol:. But as I have said before, if the attraction is well done, it is very easy to forget any shortcomings.

I really enjoyed the corny jokes from the version the Meandering Mouse show featured. And there is enough of a story that gives the attraction a good feel. Yeah I'm getting all of this from listening to audio, but I'm now actually excited about seeing this show. I actually laughed out loud a few times while listening to the podcast. And that's something I never thought I would say a few months ago. I think the interactivity here works better than what I've seen in Turtle Talk.

Will I enjoy this attraction as much as The Timekeeper? There's no chance in you know where. But that's to be expected. Do I think this attraction will give me reason to enter Tomorrowland from the hub again? I actually think so.

BTW, this post is not a joke :lol:

Another Festivus Miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

festivus_logo.gif

LilDucky

After listening to the latest Meandering Mouse, I think I'll actually enjoy this attraction. Yeah I listened to it before on another show, but this test show was even better. I was skeptical originally because Turtle Talk didn't really impress me (from internet video only, I must admit), but this sounds much more entertaining. At least to me. So believe it or not, I'm actually praising a character based attraction in Tomorrowland :lol:. But as I have said before, if the attraction is well done, it is very easy to forget any shortcomings.

I really enjoyed the corny jokes from the version the Meandering Mouse show featured. And there is enough of a story that gives the attraction a good feel. Yeah I'm getting all of this from listening to audio, but I'm now actually excited about seeing this show. I actually laughed out loud a few times while listening to the podcast. And that's something I never thought I would say a few months ago. I think the interactivity here works better than what I've seen in Turtle Talk.

Will I enjoy this attraction as much as The Timekeeper? There's no chance in you know where. But that's to be expected. Do I think this attraction will give me reason to enter Tomorrowland from the hub again? I actually think so.

BTW, this post is not a joke :lol:
and with the this post... you've come into the "dark" side! It's a miracle!

:sohappy: :cry: :sohappy: :cry:

I'm just kidding around with you :p I'm just glad you're giving it a *chance*.

Wilt Dasney

Earlier today, I looked into an alternate dimension and saw a world where the internet came into its own about 25 years earlier than in this one. It was weird to see some of the things people said about older attractions before they were opened. Check out some of the posts I found in the archives of the WDWMagic from UniverseX...

A log ride?? Are they out of their minds? What is this, Six Flags?! And who remembers Song of the South? Nobody's going to ride something based on Brer Rabbit, since nobody even remembers him. Plus, it gets COLD in Florida in the winter. You can't have people getting soaked on a ride when it's 40-something degrees outside. Splash Mountain will be a DISASTER!

Oooh, a clone of Disneyland's Pirates ride. Very original, WDI. How about some fresh ideas for the Orlando park? The Caribbean works as a theme in California precisely because it's exotic. Nobody's going to care about a Caribbean-themed ride in FLORIDA when then real thing is right there!! Plus, I've heard rumors that this version is going to be watered down and shorter than the one on the West Coast. Pirates of the Caribbean will be a DISASTER!

Hold on, let me get this straight. They're abandoning the marvelous Western River Expedition ride to bring us some runaway mine train crap. The Magic Kingdom is about theming, not thrills! This goes against everything Walt stood for! Plus, have the geniuses stopped to consider how hard it is to get any sense of story or theme when everything is racing past you at high speed? Ugh. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be a DISASTER!

Oh, this is sweet. They're going to take everything Disneyland stands for and transplant it to a bunch of swampland. Great one, fellas. Do you have any idea how hard it's going to be to build on that? Plus, why on earth would anyone west of Ohio want to go to some second-rate Disneyland knockoff when they could see Walt's baby in person in California? They're talking about making this thing a complete vacation resort experience. Mark my words, no one is going to take a week out of their life and spend it riding Disney rides. It's the dumbest idea I've ever heard. Not to mention that with Walt dead, they'll have no ability to develop any new ideas. Walt Disney World will be a DISASTER!

Interesting, huh? :lookaroun

dxwwf3

and with the this post... you've come into the "dark" side! It's a miracle!

:sohappy: :cry: :sohappy: :cry:

I'm just kidding around with you :p I'm just glad you're giving it a *chance*.

I know you're joking :wave:

While I really enjoyed Timekeeper, I had a much easier time seeing it go than AE. I'll be honest I was never going to be able to give SGE much of a fair chance, but the attraction is so bad, it didn't deserve one :animwink:. All joking and all bias aside, I think Disney has learned their lesson from SGE and has made even a small attempt to have a backstory and add some wit to this new attraction. Make no mistake, I don't think anyone expects TLF to be a major attraction or anything, but there's no doubt it is a heck of a lot better than a meet and greet or bumper cars.

wannab@dis

Earlier today, I looked into an alternate dimension and saw a world where the internet came into its own about 25 years earlier than in this one. It was weird to see some of the things people said about older attractions before they were opened. Check out some of the posts I found in the archives of the WDWMagic from UniverseX...

:eek: Are you paranormal? I could have sworn I was reading posts from some others that post here. Maybe you channeled them through some time warp.

By the way... BRILLIANT post! :sohappy:

DDuckFan130

LMAO

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

You forgot that the log ride isn't even set in the Wild Wild West. HOW DARE THEY?! :mad: :fork:

:lookaroun

LilDucky

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I play too?

Are you kidding me? A park built around a zoo? With a tree as it's icon? A tree? The concept art for it isnt looking too good. This park is just going to be one big Jungle Cruise! And if they do that, then does that mean they'll take out the JC? Walt would be rolling in his grave!

csm

Earlier today, I looked into an alternate dimension and saw a world where the internet came into its own about 25 years earlier than in this one....

Not at all. It just shows that you're trying way to hard to prove a point which is *based in opinion*.

I can tell you I didn't read all your blah blah blah fictional quotes. I just skimmed the names on the way down, and the one thing that I caught before clicking reply was the line about Pirates. It shows how unaware of history you actually are - because Pirates was built in Florida due to the massive number of *guest complaints* regarding it's absence.

I realize you were trying to be funny. Just don't quit your day job. :hammer:

Wilt Dasney

I just skimmed the names on the way down, and the one thing that I caught before clicking reply was the line about Pirates. It shows how unaware of history you actually are - because Pirates was built in Florida due to the massive number of *guest complaints* regarding it's absence.

I am aware of it...and since when has the opinion of the Unwashed Masses™ affected anything the online purists think? If anything, that fact would just reinforce what I wrote. ;) :wave:

Wilt Dasney

Not at all. It just shows that you're trying way to hard to prove a point which is *based in opinion*.

You are correct, sir. I am of the (rather crazy, I know) opinion that people should refrain from rendering a verdict on something they've never experienced. How biased of me! :eek:

RSoxNo1

RSoxNo1 said:
Without turning this into a flame war (is there any other type of dialogue on this forum), what is it that you don't like about LMA?
Everything? :lookaroun
It was cool the first time...the second time it was...eh....(just my opinion though)....
But it fits in the Studios...and gives people SOMETHING to do...right? So it isn't so bad...maybe.

That's barely an answer. Did you not find it impressive? Were you of the mindset that "we already have a stunt show in Indy, why do we need another one?"

Here are my reasons for liking the attraction:
The concept to me seemed very much like something you'd see at Universal Studios (I say that as a negative thing). I feel that Universal often goes for cheaper effects, like an explosion instead of an animatronic for instance. When I first saw it, I was pleasently surprised to say the least. The stunts performed in this show are more dangerous than any stunt show I have seen previously.
I'll spare you the, "you don't appreciate the difficulty of these stunts," because I don't know that for sure - I would like to know though what specifically about doesn't interest you.

DDuckFan130

That's barely an answer. Did you not find it impressive? Were you of the mindset that "we already have a stunt show in Indy, why do we need another one?"

Here are my reasons for liking the attraction:
The concept to me seemed very much like something you'd see at Universal Studios (I say that as a negative thing). I feel that Universal often goes for cheaper effects, like an explosion instead of an animatronic for instance. When I first saw it, I was pleasently surprised to say the least. The stunts performed in this show are more dangerous than any stunt show I have seen previously.
I'll spare you the, "you don't appreciate the difficulty of these stunts," because I don't know that for sure - I would like to know though what specifically about doesn't interest you.
I appreciated the difficulty of the stunts. They are certainly impressive. However, I only saw the show once, and have no plans of seeing it again in a long time. Why? It just does not interest me. After I knew the secrets behind the stunts and stuff, I figured it wasn't worth the long haul up those damn stairs :lookaroun Sorry :lol: I don't care for Indy either. I enjoy ToT, RnRC, GMR, Fantasmic. Maybe you don't or you still prefer LMA. That's great! But sorry, I still don't like LMA :lol:

CaptainMichael

Very interesting indeed....was one of the names ImagineerDad?:lookaroun

EpcotServo

People, think of it this way, we were close to getting Chicken Little themed bumper cars. Yea, Monsters Inc. dosen't look so bad now does it?
:lol:

RSoxNo1

I appreciated the difficulty of the stunts. They are certainly impressive. However, I only saw the show once, and have no plans of seeing it again in a long time. Why? It just does not interest me. After I knew the secrets behind the stunts and stuff, I figured it wasn't worth the long haul up those damn stairs :lookaroun Sorry :lol: I don't care for Indy either. I enjoy ToT, RnRC, GMR, Fantasmic. Maybe you don't or you still prefer LMA. That's great! But sorry, I still don't like LMA :lol:

Thank you, that's fair - I, on the other hand don't really care for fantasmic. With that said, I've already kept this thread off topic long enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom