Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

invader

EDIT: Just confirmed with a few (more than one, less than five) sources that MI is not currently in any active stage of development. It's still gathering dust on the shelf. Whatever this is...it ain't that.

Then what COULD it be...?

Fable McCloud

I know I'm jumping on this a bit late, but I think a Monsters coaster that is reminiscent of the door chase sequence from the film would be one nifty thing to experience. I mean, with that film they could really do so much, and a dark ride wouldn't be enough.

Give us another coaster for the Pixar Place area at DHS, and then it may help channel some of the crowds. There would be 2 big deal attractions there (A MI coaster & TSM) and then 2 on the other end of the park (TTT and Rockin Rollercoaster). It would also be a welcomed sight, as well as a place for Sully and Mike to Meet and Greet.

Absimilliard

Differences between Raging Spirits and Temple du Peril

There are quite a few differences between Raging Spirits and Temple du Peril!

Temple du Peril trains are very bare bone. To minimize weight when they changed the trains from 8 riders to 12 riders in 2000, nearly every piece of padding was removed. You're sitting in a fiberglass shell on a straight seat with only two thin strips of of black foam where your back is. The over the shoulder restraints got no padding and will hurt when your head is jerked into them. Raging Spirits trains got padding and better and softer restraints.

Temple du Peril station load and unload two trains at once. Raging Spirit back of the station is for unload and load is forward position.

Temple du Peril brake the trains violently. The pusher tires are one big tire vertical in the middle of the track and the cars got a plate under them for that. The brake fins are on the side of the cars. Raging Spirits got 3 brake fins. The side brake fins are used only for emergency stops and stopping the train at the end. A smaller fin under the car is used for the pusher tires (which pinch the fin and so, work a lot better when its raining) and slowing down the cars during the ride is done with smooth magnetic braking. So, there is no jerky forward motion like on Temple du Peril.

Temple du Peril lift is noisy with one chain and the loud anti rollback devices. Raging Spirit lift is silent and use two parallel lift chains.

The track on certain parts of Raging Spirit is a lot beefier than the smaller track used on all Temple du Peril.

Some turns were redesigned to be smoother on Raging Spirits.

Temple du Peril has no foundations. It was supposed to be a temporary 5 years attraction that sit on a steel frame that is bolted to a cement pad. Disney then buit the temple around it and then poured gravel to hide the cement pad.

Temple du Peril originally opened in 1993 with the ability to run 5 trains and each train had 8 seats. Lines were very long and so in 2000, the ride went down for 6 months. Disney got Intamin to redesign some turns, solidify the ride structure and the ride got 7 new trains. Those trains have 12 seats. To claim it was a "new attraction", the new trains were installed to run backward. It was a disaster as the ride was too violent and made guests ill. In 2004, they flipped the trains back around and the ride got some of its popularity back.

Raging Spirits opened in 2006 with major guest comfort issues. In 2007, it went down for a long rehab where they slowed down some parts of the ride and added padding to the restraints and the ride is now very popular and fun!

yensid67

quite possibly:

S&s worldwide, inc.
350 west 2500 north
logan, ut 84341

they are basically what's left of arrow dynamics. (the matterhorn and many many other disney ride systems.)

http://www.engineeringexcitement.com/company/our-team/installation

i checked out s & s worldwide site and noticed that there is an installation for islands of adventure, so this is most likely what this information is referring to! I think disney is too sly too let info like this just stick out there for all to see if they truly researched it!

ctxak98

I really hope that the monsters inc coaster does get the official green light because of a couple reasons.
1. monsters inc was a popular movie that never got much recognition in the disney world parks and should.

2.Disney studios needs a new thrill ride and some other ride and it would fit perfect

3. also pixar place is toooo crowded with only one attraction in it...the expansion of the area with the ride would be a good way to reduce the wait times and crowd.

RSoxNo1

I really hope that the monsters inc coaster does get the official green light because of a couple reasons.
1. monsters inc was a popular movie that never got much recognition in the disney world parks and should.

2.Disney studios needs a new thrill ride and some other ride and it would fit perfect

3. also pixar place is toooo crowded with only one attraction in it...the expansion of the area with the ride would be a good way to reduce the wait times and crowd.

I don't get the belief that DHS and DAK need additional thrill rides - I love thrill rides, but it's not what these parks need. They need high demand Family Rides. I would absolutely love it if the Ratatouille Dark Ride going to Paris finds it's way in the Studios over a Monster's Inc Coaster.

Ignohippo

I don't get the belief that DHS and DAK need additional thrill rides - I love thrill rides, but it's not what these parks need. They need high demand Family Rides. I would absolutely love it if the Ratatouille Dark Ride going to Paris finds it's way in the Studios over a Monster's Inc Coaster.

You've said this in other threads and I still don't get it. WDW needs more thrill rides to help pull in the teen and adult demographic. I agree with you that DAK isn't the place, but DHS is perfectly suited to become Disney's answer to IOA.

Obviously, they could use both more family rides and thrill rides, but they already have the family demo sewn up. They need something so that the teen in the family doesn't say: "I don't want to go to Disney. That's for little kids. I want to go to Universal."

baymenxpac

You've said this in other threads and I still don't get it. WDW needs more thrill rides to help pull in the teen and adult demographic. I agree with you that DAK isn't the place, but DHS is perfectly suited to become Disney's answer to IOA.

Obviously, they could use both more family rides and thrill rides, but they already have the family demo sewn up. They need something so that the teen in the family doesn't say: "I don't want to go to Disney. That's for little kids. I want to go to Universal."

i think it's jumping the gun to say they have the family demo sewn up. remember: DHS is the least attended park in WDW. and it's essentially in direct competition with uni, considering the scope of the park's content (movies, entertainment-driven stuff).

now, i used to be all, "YES, more e-ticket thrill rides in DHS! DO IT!" but RSoxNo1 actually talked me out of that with his posts in other forums. when RSox talked about how a family-friendly ride might better take some of the capacity burden off of TSMM instead of a thrill ride, the light bulb went off for me. as he has said in the past: what attraction that isn't a show doesn't require a height limit? TSMM and the great movie ride? that's pretty much it. a couple of dark rides (maybe a pixir and a muppets) and spicing up some of the shows would help stretch the day for every park guest instead of another coaster.

invader

i think it's jumping the gun to say they have the family demo sewn up. remember: DHS is the least attended park in WDW. and it's essentially in direct competition with uni, considering the scope of the park's content (movies, entertainment-driven stuff).

now, i used to be all, "YES, more e-ticket thrill rides in DHS! DO IT!" but RSoxNo1 actually talked me out of that with his posts in other forums. when RSox talked about how a family-friendly ride might better take some of the capacity burden off of TSMM instead of a thrill ride, the light bulb went off for me. as he has said in the past: what attraction that isn't a show doesn't require a height limit? TSMM and the great movie ride? that's pretty much it. a couple of dark rides (maybe a pixir and a muppets) and spicing up some of the shows would help stretch the day for every park guest instead of another coaster.

TSMM and GMR may not seem like a lot but they still both add up to be one third of the attractions at DMGMS.

RSoxNo1

Disney will unfortunately be branded with the negative connotation amongst the male demographic. It will be very difficult to remove that stigma, and recent decisions haven't done much to help such as dubbing the channel for boys as "Disney" XD. I view the Marvel acquisition as a means for Disney to help get that demographic, and I think a Star Wars expansion is another excellent way to do this as well. That Star Wars expansion doesn't have to be another thrill ride though (although the track switching non-Disney ride system mentioned several months ago would be quite fun).

I get that DHS should and can exist as a park for teens, but it's still a Disney park. It needs more rides for kids.

It's not even just a family friendly ride that would do it. If The Little Mermaid ride was added into the Animation Courtyard as opposed to Fantasyland it would be a great addition, but it wouldn't affect Toy Story's crowds at all. Star Tours proved that - it's effecient, and isn't too limiting (with only a 40 inch height requirement and no real "scare factor").

The park needs a lower capacity (1000-1400 guest per hour) but high demand attraction that has a similar appeal to Toy Story. Monster's Inc Ride and Go Seek would be perfect if it wasn't the exact same ride system. For me, the obvious choice would be a trackless ride system (Pooh's Hunny Hunt tech) in either Pixar Place or Echo Lake.

TSMM and GMR may not seem like a lot but they still both add up to be one third of the attractions at DMGMS.

There are only 6 rides in both DHS and DAK, and both parks only opened with two rides. That's really poor planning.

ctxak98

I think all the parks need atleast 1 more thrill. It doesnt have to be a coaster but something thats going to make us sit back and say "wow, now that is a great ride" and then want to ride it again. I havent felt that at disney since EE. dont get me wrong I still love disney and I go back because I always have fun but we do need something NEW!...thrill wise. Nothing is going to ever be a potter swatter in my eyes because you cant battle one of the best film sagas ever made. Its can only be beaten by time. Like any other movie(star wars for example). I hope Monsters inc gets going soon because this ride will be spectacular!

ctxak98

But why do we want each park to have the same experiences? Im kinda sick of disney giving parks the same rides because it takes away from the unique factor at each park? thats the only reason im against the ratatouille and carsland thing at disneyworld.

invader

I think all the parks need atleast 1 more thrill. It doesnt have to be a coaster but something thats going to make us sit back and say "wow, now that is a great ride" and then want to ride it again. I havent felt that at disney since EE. dont get me wrong I still love disney and I go back because I always have fun but we do need something NEW!...thrill wise. Nothing is going to ever be a potter swatter in my eyes because you cant battle one of the best film sagas ever made. Its can only be beaten by time. Like any other movie(star wars for example). I hope Monsters inc gets going soon because this ride will be spectacular!

They have ATLEAST one E ticket bluesky idea shelved for each park...
- Monster's Coaster
- Fire Mountain
- Excavator
- New world showcase pavilion / WOL opening / Imagination redo

If they just did two or three out of four I could instantly see the "Potter Swatter" everyone seems to talk about.

ctxak98

They have ATLEAST one E ticket bluesky idea shelved for each park...
- Monster's Coaster
- Fire Mountain
- Excavator
- New world showcase pavilion / WOL opening / Imagination redo

If they just did two or three out of four I could instantly see the "Potter Swatter" everyone seems to talk about.

Yah I guess so....Epcots seem kind of weak but like you said just two or three could do it. what is the excavator??? and what about avatar??

lazyboy97o

There is no money in the teen demographic. They're coming along because the family is bringing them. They have little disposable income, so they are not spending when they do come.

wdwfan4ver

Yah I guess so....Epcots seem kind of weak but like you said just two or three could do it. what is the excavator??? and what about avatar??

There is really nothing known about what the Attractions are going to be for Avatar at this point because I am sure the insiders this forum has would have leaked them by now in terms of people like Lee, and Raven as examples.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom