Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Captain Chaos

Further justification that the money would be better spent at Hollywood Studios in other ways. For the cost of relocating all that infrastructure we need something spectacular.

You know it.... And a Monsters Inc coaster wouldn't do it... While it may be a decent attraction, I don't think it would be spectacular... Now, what about that rumor about Lucasland and an expansion of Star Wars???

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Further justification that the money would be better spent at Hollywood Studios in other ways. For the cost of relocating all that infrastructure we need something spectacular.

I think that what DHS lacks most in terms of attractions are family rides. There are many family shows (TLM, BaTB, AIE, MuppetVision) 2 kids shows (Disney Junior and Jedi Training), a couple of "thrill" shows (IJ, LMA), 3 thrill rides (RnRC, ToT, STII), 1 adult ride that isn't very accessible to kids (GMR), 2 exhibits (Animation, and OMD), 1 family ride (TSMM) and 1 whatever the Backlot Tour is, plus some theming elements and placemaking that don't work all that well in certain areas.

So, to me, what we need there are family rides and MI coaster would fit well. Of course, it wouldn't, on its own, be enough, but it would be a start. Of course, there is also the issue that DHS could just use MORE of anything, since it is short a few attractions. And it's theming could be improved significantly in many areas. So I'd welcome just about anything there, but it's the family ride niche that I believe is most lacking.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Radical idea.... M:I AND something else spectacular?

The infrastructure will need moving anyway for any expansion of the Stage One space.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I've always felt DHS needs a new version of Indy from DL. I think it would be massively popular in Florida.

Thrill

My hunch is possibly Avatar. Disney filed a patent for a cable car style ride system. If this is for a suspended type ride, it sounds like a good fit.

Avatar probably doesn't need to be designed and shipped for 2014. I think the earliest projections put it at a 2017 opening. I would be surprised if they placed an order already.

invader

Avatar probably doesn't need to be designed and shipped for 2014. I think the earliest projections put it at a 2017 opening. I would be surprised if they placed an order already.

Yeah but if they had heard about HP2 they might speed up the process, just saying.

NoChesterHester

Radical idea.... M:I AND something else spectacular?

The infrastructure will need moving anyway for any expansion of the Stage One space.

As much as I would LOVE to ride radiator springs racers in my home park, I hope it remains a California exclusive.

Hmmmm Martin... Something ELSE spectacular? Unless it is the above (RsR) my mind is drawing a blank. Is there something in development or in past development that hasn't made it's way to to forum yet????

zooey

I've always felt DHS needs a new version of Indy from DL. I think it would be massively popular in Florida.

This.

Just shuffle some signage around and make the Lucasland idea a reality. They don't even have to clone the Indy ride from DL, they can come up with a new "adventure" using the same ride system. They need a huge draw that side of the park, and it fits the established theme. I don't see the drawback.

flavious27

Take it for what its worth, but a friend of mine works at a company called ACME Structural in Springfield MO told me today that his company got a major project in central Florida which involves roller coaster style tracks. I tried to ask him what kind and he stated they were suspended steel designs but that was all he knew. They were to be designed and delivered within the next 24 months. They are only contracted for part of the track and not the whole ride. Unfortunately that is all he knew, the clients name is not Disney but some ride company out of Utah.

Now my theory is that it is for the MI coaster, but could it also be for the FLE? I dont know and this is all the information he knew or was willing to give. But like I said before you guys start jumping down my throat on this, he told me specifically that the Disney name was not there...

Start the beat ups.

Plenty of parks in the area that are being built. There is legoland being built. There is also that coaster park being built by uni.

lazyboy97o

Plenty of parks in the area that are being built. There is legoland being built. There is also that coaster park being built by uni.
Legoland is built and has already announced that next up is a reopening of the water park. Universal has nothing to do with the dead Orlando Thrill Park.

ctxak98

I AGREE...I think they should still give us the Monsters Inc ride Just because I think It will be decent and give everyone some room in pixar place AND! give us an indy ride. BUT not have it the same as the one in disneyland....A new story and track layout would be nice. considering dinosaur is basicaly the same track!:)

ctxak98

This.

Just shuffle some signage around and make the Lucasland idea a reality. They don't even have to clone the Indy ride from DL, they can come up with a new "adventure" using the same ride system. They need a huge draw that side of the park, and it fits the established theme. I don't see the drawback.

AGREED!!! Something Needs to be established over there. ONE more attraction would make it a complete Lucasland. They might as well just call it that now!:)

wdwfan4ver

Apparently they just got the funding in place for the ride in Paris. Any chance it might get cloned elsewhere?

I just don't see it getting cloned in the next 3 to 5 years at any Disney Park.

Disneyland can't have it because I don't think Disney want to add more to DCA after what they are middle of doing right now and the original park isn't a good fit for that attraction.

Walt Disney World can't get a clone for the next 3 to 5 years for it despite TDO loves attractions that other Disney Parks get first in terms of paying. It goes to the cost of Avatarland for AK, cost of next gen, more DVC building, Downtown Disney changes, and FLE. The only way it could happen is if Avatarland is quietly canceled.

I don't see a clone of Ratatouille going to Tokyo because the ride doesn't fit the 2 parks anywhere based on theme.

Shanghai Disneyland can't have it because the first park it isn't supposed have anything like Disney Hollywood studios or Walt Disney Studios Park has.

Hong Kong Disneyland is out of the question due to the fact they only have one park and is middle of an expansion there. I know there is talk about a 2nd park there, but is a long term goal.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
^ so many cants and wonts. You sure, or is it just an opinion?

Ratatouille is now confirmed for WDSP. Construction will begin this spring.

NoChesterHester

^ so many cants and wonts. You sure, or is it just an opinion?

Ratatouille is now confirmed for WDSP. Construction will begin this spring.

Based on the released concept art on some blogs... Would be a great addition to Pixar Place at DHS.

Can you imagine the congestion of that area if another family friendly attraction was added to that street. Oh my.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom