News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Erdago

I've been on vacation for a bit (we can all probably guess where) and haven't spent time staying up-to-date on this thread. Do we know any more details on whether Monsters is going in Muppets or Animation Courtyard?
We’re still pretty much in the dark. The only meaningful new information was the info of some employees being moved from offices, but there’s enough ambiguity that it doesn’t necessarily mean anything (they’re moving for a relatively imminent AC closure, they’re moving to prepare for a eventual AC closure, the moving is just regular bureaucratic changes and the AC info is pure coincidence). Other than that, it’s just been the usual thing where different sources say different things, and we’re all just waiting.

MouseEarsMom33

We’re still pretty much in the dark. The only meaningful new information was the info of some employees being moved from offices, but there’s enough ambiguity that it doesn’t necessarily mean anything (they’re moving for a relatively imminent AC closure, they’re moving to prepare for a eventual AC closure, the moving is just regular bureaucratic changes and the AC info is pure coincidence). Other than that, it’s just been the usual thing where different sources say different things, and we’re all just waiting.
Thank you!

gorillaball

If they're never going to build the TSR restaurant, they can build a M&G there.

Or, they can convert the store attached to MV3D to a M&G.

Or they can kick out the M&Gs in the spaces you mentioned and find a new home for them, especially the one right across from Star Tours.
Or they could put in the expansion pad under the berm between Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Mania show building. It would add something to the land to have some activity in that dead area (but they’d need to explain away the timeline of old characters somehow)

celluloid

I invite you to review which posters have been personally attacking other posters for having their own opinion.

Also, while I respect the opinions of a lot of the posters here, you’re not my family. You’re fellow fans on a discussion board discussing opinions.

You and I have strongly disagreed in other threads before. But you and I have never called each other trolls or used the verb trolling for the other.

You and I both been accused with inference of this activity by the same person in the last week.

Agreed with the last part too. Fan discussions or theory of design like discussions often have critiques that are more elaborate and can still give the courtesy to end with a favorable review for the experience.

With my friends who are not huge fans or family, I know to only speak generally and some of their interests I do not have they would only speak generally with me. I don't get why people brought up speaking different to your family, as that is domain specific and a given.

I am a new poster who has been following these message boards for years. I love the muppets and also think it is important to keep all family rides at DHS because there are very few attractions for families with Toddlers and Preschool kids at DHS. So I wrote an email to Josh D’Amaro and this is what I received in return….

Thank you for your message to Josh D'Amaro. Your correspondence was shared with me so that I may personally respond to you.

Walt Disney was himself, above all else, an innovator. He believed that, “Disneyland will always be building and growing and adding new things...new ways of having fun, of learning things and sharing many exciting adventures.”
Our Imagineers keep Walt Disney’s spirit alive through the addition of new attractions as well as the updating of many of our classic attractions. Occasionally the removal or reimagining of some of our Guests’ beloved classics is a part of this commitment to ever changing satisfaction. No change to our history is made without careful thought and planning for the future enjoyment of all of our Guests. We understand that our changes can be disappointing when it comes to our Theme Parks but it is our hope that these changes bring about new enthusiasm for all of our Guests.
With so many exciting happenings around our Resort you may wish to follow our Disney Parks Blog for the latest announcements and their progress at http://www.disneyparksblog.com.
Disney Parks Blog
Welcome to the Disney Parks Blog! Discover the stories you know and love — from the locations, attractions, cruise ships, expeditions, products, and so much more.

Warm wishes,

Jessica Grace
Executive Correspondence
Walt Disney World Resort

I was happy they wrote back to me but sadly the email doesn’t give Muppet fans much hope for Muppet Vision.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I am a new poster who has been following these message boards for years. I love the muppets and also think it is important to keep all family rides at DHS because there are very few attractions for families with Toddlers and Preschool kids at DHS. So I wrote an email to Josh D’Amaro and this is what I received in return….

Thank you for your message to Josh D'Amaro. Your correspondence was shared with me so that I may personally respond to you.

Walt Disney was himself, above all else, an innovator. He believed that, “Disneyland will always be building and growing and adding new things...new ways of having fun, of learning things and sharing many exciting adventures.”
Our Imagineers keep Walt Disney’s spirit alive through the addition of new attractions as well as the updating of many of our classic attractions. Occasionally the removal or reimagining of some of our Guests’ beloved classics is a part of this commitment to ever changing satisfaction. No change to our history is made without careful thought and planning for the future enjoyment of all of our Guests. We understand that our changes can be disappointing when it comes to our Theme Parks but it is our hope that these changes bring about new enthusiasm for all of our Guests.
With so many exciting happenings around our Resort you may wish to follow our Disney Parks Blog for the latest announcements and their progress at http://www.disneyparksblog.com.
Disney Parks Blog
Welcome to the Disney Parks Blog! Discover the stories you know and love — from the locations, attractions, cruise ships, expeditions, products, and so much more.

Warm wishes,

Jessica Grace
Executive Correspondence
Walt Disney World Resort

I was happy they wrote back to me but sadly the email doesn’t give Muppet fans much hope for Muppet Vision.
That reads like a generic response e-mail vs a personalized response. I wouldn’t read too much into it. While MC obviously would be removing Muppet Vision the AC location removes Launch Bay, possibly Disney Jr and possibly LM show so either option would be removing something existing in the name of progress. It would be interesting to see if someone questioned the removal of the AC attractions for MI if they would get the same response.

Starship824

In the Parks
No

Disney Parks Blog

Warm wishes,

Jessica Grace
Executive Correspondence
Walt Disney World Resort

Unfortunately that's the same automated email everyone gets.

Gusey

That reads like a generic response e-mail vs a personalized response. I wouldn’t read too much into it. While MC obviously would be removing Muppet Vision the AC location removes Launch Bay, possibly Disney Jr and possibly LM show so either option would be removing something existing in the name of progress. It would be interesting to see if someone questioned the removal of the AC attractions for MI if they would get the same response.
Instead of removing Animation Courtyard completely, Launch Bay would be removed and act as the entrance to the new land located behind Launch Bay (where the offices are now).
Little Mermaid is going anywhere for a while as they've invested in a new show (We had new concept art for the costumes released at D23 so it hasn't actually gone quiet), but they could always reroute the exit as you enter on what was Mickey Avenue.
Disney Junior contains the park's Club 33, so that building will remain in tact. They can either keep Disney Junior downstairs or convert it back to a dining establishment like it was when the park opened

doctornick

Disney Junior contains the park's Club 33, so that building will remain in tact. They can either keep Disney Junior downstairs or convert it back to a dining establishment like it was when the park opened

Also, if they want to use that as part of dining, there is also a cast dinning room adjacent to Disney Jr in the same building (which is currently approached from backstage). That area would essentially become onstage if they tear down Launch Bay and build to the west so that cast cafeteria can be incorporated into a guest restaurant as long as its function is replaced by a new CM eatery backstage somewhere else..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom