News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneyC97

Not that I disagree with your premise but they did put it in DCA 20 years after its premiere.

Also if they are going to put Muppets in some other attraction anyway, they are still spending money to do so. So it might be viewed as a cost savings (and nostalgia) to keep it.

I agree that it isn’t being moved though.
10 years…2001

Moth

Yeah, like why are we suddenly believing Mr “zootopia is going in beyond big thunder”
Because it was considered at one point. So was a parade of other IPs, but there was a pitch for Zootopia for that land that never really got anywhere.

But it's Jim Shull, and thru the universal constant he's always wrong... Monsters Inc replaces Galaxy's Edge?

Food for thought, bc this was brought up earlier: Has the Muppet IP been treated poorly by Disney? I actually really enjoyed both Muppet Haunted Mansion and the Mayhem show, but it seems like neither was terribly popular, but that could be a curse of Disney+.

Thought Muppets Haunted Mansion and Muppets Mayhem were both great. I was hoping the Haunted Mansion special would lead to more park attraction themed specials from the Muppets. The director of Muppets Haunted Mansion pitched a Muppets Big Thunder Mountain special when he was done with HM but Disney passed.

Honestly not sure what type of future the Muppets has as far as TV / movies now.

lazyboy97o

They need to maintain a connection between Seven Seas Lagoon and other waterways in the park. Some of that connection is underground now. I presume some more of that connection will move underground, now. But, not all.
No other areas go dry when the Rivers of America are drained. They’re not connected.

Lilofan

I still think the answer is to tear our Mama Melrose/christmas shop and the Studio store. Put the rid where Mama Melrose is and into backstage. And then put Harryhausens next to it.

MuppetVision theater can either be kept for Muppets or becomes a Monsters show.

Pizzarizzo becomes a Monsters quick serve (eventually) but can stay as is for now

Best aspect: this can be built without disrupting as much of the park since you'd only be losing a shop and a TSR. That's not nothing but it isn't nearly as bad as losing MV.

View attachment 809373
There was a time back in the day that the Christmas shop at MGM was only open seasonally. So if that were to go away I think not many would even notice.

Basil of Baker Street

Listening to everyone carry on about the Muppets you would think MV3D consistently has a line around the corner to get in.

But it doesn't. Want to know why? It's not very funny/entertaining. Don't believe me? Next time you go, don't listen to the show, look around and listen to the audience. It's quiet. Nothing like Philharmagic.

lazyboy97o

I don't think it will decrease capacity; I think it will draw more people to the park and end up making all the lines longer because it won't add enough capacity to make up the difference. The park doesn't have enough capacity as it is right now, so inducing additional demand while only slightly increasing capacity isn't helpful.
Which would betray any stated concerns concerns about capacity. It would show that they actually like the current experience of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.

PizzaPlanet

I keep seeing the justification that if MV3D doesn’t close, it’ll be replaced in a few years anyway. But as fans we know there are a multitude of factors that cause future projects to be cancelled or delayed indefinitely. It could be a very long time until DHS gets another expansion. During that time would you rather have Muppets or Launch Bay?

Jrb1979

Listening to everyone carry on about the Muppets you would think MV3D consistently has a line around the corner to get in.

But it doesn't. Want to know why? It's not very funny/entertaining. Don't believe me? Next time you go, don't listen to the show, look around and listen to the audience. It's quiet. Nothing like Philharmagic.
Regardless of that. You still need those filler no height requirement short wait attractions in the parks. Not everything has to have a 2 hour wait for it to be needed.

lazyboy97o

Saw it twice last time as a filler between reservations, and both times was 3/4 full during a not so busy time of year.
Which is a really good place for a continuously running theater show. It means guests can walk up and see the next show. It also means you can do minimal staffing. There’s still enough seating so that people can generally sort themselves during your desired load time instead of having to have staff to corral people and make sure they’re going where they should.

PizzaPlanet

Have you ever seen Philharmagic with a line around the corner?

The silent crowd is an anecdotal experience. Based on other recent experiences described in this thread there are clearly plenty of audiences still enjoying it daily

Jrb1979

The lighting lane revenue excuse doesn't make much sense either. You could point to countless other examples across all 4 parks that bring in exactly $0 of the genie plus cash. If they care so much about that, why is WOL deserted and Imagination neglected?
They can't replace everything all at once. The Lightning Lane thing makes sense for any new attractions. For them to be built they factor in the money that new will make with LL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom