News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Not in their eyes. People have to remember those in charge look at the parks as dollar signs. To them old attractions like Muppets and Indy don't generate LL sales like new attractions. Adding paid individual LLs to each new attraction pays for itself over a few years
and we can’t forget the more they offer, the less LL’s are needed for purchase. Have to keep lines just bad enough to make people break out the ol visa and Mastercard

doctornick

Yeah I’m expecting the door coaster to have a similar experience to guardians in the gravity building. Which I’m generally pretty fine with

If only. Cosmic Rewind is a truly awesome experience and I would argue for the best coaster at Disney ever. This is such a different setup than it wouldn't be possible to be in any way similar to that experience.

fgmnt

I honestly think it’s a 50/50 chance. I don’t think it’s for sure as we all know about.
1) I don't think even they know yet
2) I think any attraction slated for closure will be open every day of the 2025 calendar year, including the Liberty Belle and Dinosaur.

MaximumEd

I’m leaning toward Muppets going away for this. They announced where Tropical Americas location will be. They didn’t announce this or Cars, and well, we see how Cars turned out. More disappointment incoming.

Sectorkeeper71

If only. Cosmic Rewind is a truly awesome experience and I would argue for the best coaster at Disney ever. This is such a different setup than it wouldn't be possible to be in any way similar to that experience.
Yeah we’ll have to see. I’m expecting a lot of screen based stuff with this ride, which I’m fairly ok with. I won’t judge too hard one way or another until we get some confirmed storyline/concept art

Edit: beyond the fairly generic concept art they gave us of the ride at D23

Meat

I am excited about the type of coaster and larger presence of Monsters Inc, however I do feel that maybe an entire themed land is a bit superfluous.

Personally, I would like to see just the Monsters Inc coaster, and then an entire land for the Muppets. Finally bring The Great Muppet Movie Ride to life, maybe a retheme or just plus up Pizza Rizzos, then another new muppets attraction.

I feel that would be a win win for all; non the less, I still am pumped for Monstropolis.

Inspired Figment

What do you mean “be careful what you wish for?” About muppetvision and HOP living?
Pretty sure he means the plan that was made back in the day at Disneyland to put Muppet•Vision 3D where Great Moments with Lincoln was. So imagine them simply plopping the pre-existing show into Hall of Presidents and maybe theming Liberty Square to a Muppets themed land. Ultimately regarding the Muppets going into Main Street Opera House, They ended up getting pushback and eventually it got brought to DCA instead. Truth be told though, to add more return investment on DL. Bringing Muppet•Vision back to DCA would be incredibly simple IMO & a net positive to those that’d miss at DHS. Heck, if you wanted to, Could even have it rotate between the current Mickey’s Philharmagic if you wanted to you could even bring a version of The Great Muppet Movie Ride to DCA in that same area where their current Monsters Inc. darkride is now.. transfer the Roz AA to the queue of the Monsters Inc. coaster planned for DHS.

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

More like the execs who work in the Animation building and park in that convenient parking garage back there don't want to leave. Hence why there is conflict over where its going.
It’s not execs in that building, that’s what Team Disney is for. This building is full of office and technical departments, some specific for DHS and some that are global. Most could probably be moved to one of the buildings in Celebration, but this is a very active and functioning office complex.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom