News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

The Leader of the Club

I don’t understand why we’re talking like removing Muppets is an automatic issue regarding capacity. The way I see it, the coaster expands into the parking lot and a second attraction goes into the Muppet theater. Replace Mama Melrose with Harryhausen’s. Pizza Rizzo becomes a QS Monsters location. Christmas Store reopens as a Monsters shop. You have a net gain of at least one attraction.

UNCgolf

I don’t understand why we’re talking like removing Muppets is an automatic issue regarding capacity. The way I see it, the coaster expands into the parking lot and a second attraction goes into the Muppet theater. Replace Mama Melrose with Harryhausen’s. Pizza Rizzo becomes a QS Monsters location. Christmas Store reopens as a Monsters shop. You have a net gain of at least one attraction.

There's no indication they have plans to build a second attraction, though, and the coaster will cause capacity problems compared to the Muppet show -- it will attract more guests to the park, but it will also only cater to a specific subset of all guests. That's not to say everyone was interested in the Muppet show, because they clearly weren't, but anyone could decide to do it if other lines were too long etc., and that's not the case with a coaster.

The Leader of the Club

There's no indication they have plans to build a second attraction, though, and the coaster will cause capacity problems compared to the Muppet show
I think could see several things happens to the Muppets building

1. Laugh Floor 2.0 allowing the MK one to close for a new Tomorrowland post-Cars.
2.HarryHausen’s
3. New Monsters show/Dark ride for families without a height requirement
4. Becomes a CM Break room a la Stitch’s Great Escape.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Of course capacity isn't a problem when you add in things that haven't been announced.

UNCgolf

I think could see several things happens to the Muppets building

1. Laugh Floor 2.0 allowing the MK one to close for a new Tomorrowland post-Cars.
2.HarryHausen’s
3. New Monsters show/Dark ride for families without a height requirement
4. Becomes a CM Break room a la Stitch’s Great Escape.

I think it's more likely they just demolish it if that's where Monsters Inc. ends up going. There's not that much space there, and it would probably need to be completely gutted if they were going to reuse it anyways since it's got so much stuff that's specifically for the Muppet show.

ChewbaccaYourMum

What if.... hear me out..... monsters Inc. IS going into the Muppets courtyard, but MuppetVision is still staying.

The door coaster is towards the back and built on that parking lot behind muppet courtyard. The entrance of MuppetVision is moved to the side facing Galaxies Edge entrance, and the side of the MuppetVision theater is themed to Monstropolis....

ahhh, a man can dream, can't he?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This is so baffling. I don't even care for muppet vision but what is the point of replacing stuff when the park already needs more things? Especially when Animation Courtyard has nearly nothing and there's plenty of room behind it for expansion??? It makes no sense to me.
Adding new things increases operating costs without necessarily increasing revenue. Disney now seems to be in a mode where they are trying to get as much money out of current guests with as possible without increasing operating costs.

Chef idea Mickey`=

If It was so simple that Monster's Inc Land would take space in a new area for the park one that's been abandoned or not so surprising as if anything big has to close then why have they not announced it along with the reveal??? This simple thing is highly skeptical now after they did the same thing to Cars and today launched where it was going Beyond D23 to our faces for we all know if presented at the presentation the response would been BRUTAL!

SplashJacket

This alignment suggests the big show building is back towards the end of muppets courtyard and muppets vision theater is not interrupted.
IMG_5106.jpeg
IMG_5107.jpeg

I could see them bringing monster’s inc laugh floor to the Muppets theater, paving the way to fully redo Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom