News Monster Inc Land Coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

brb1006

Frank Oz's Tweets from December 2018 on Disney's handling of The Muppets post-Henson is just as relevant than ever.
Frank-Oz-Twitter-1.jpg

oAgETvZ.jpeg

Frank-Oz-Twitter-2.jpg

Can't forget this

Last edited:

PREMiERdrum

TrainsOfDisney

Gad is nowhere close to a Disney Legend, unless you lower the bar to the floor and have little-to-no standard on what constitutes a "Disney Legend". Oh wait...
I mean technically he is, none of us get to decide who is or isn’t.

I wasn’t necessarily a fan of his but I saw him in “Gutenberg the musical” on broadway and he completely won me over. The guy is a very talented entertainer.

celluloid

Sure, but they won’t be canceling this, Tropical Americas, or Cars. They announced them much closer to construction starting than has been the case in the 2010s. They are budgeted and commence construction imminently. We will see on Villains and things like Incrediblercoaster and Zootopia.

Cars will not be open until 2029-2030.

Plenty of time for that to be altered quite a bit.

Indy and Zootopia are the only definites. Encanto ride is going to happen scale may dissapoint. Monsters Inc Coaster is the only solid after.
Monsters as a land will likely not feature as much as people will think.

So many grounds have broken to false promises before.

which still surprises me... Sci Fi must only sell out because of the cars and the atmosphere... the menu there is bad
Well yeah, you can find nice restaurant food everywhere but that's the only place you can get that vibe.

Remy and Pirates restaurants in Paris are ok for food but it's the theming that books them up.

Personally I'm amazed anyone would be eager pay Disney prices for normal food in a normal setting, but I'm from Europe where those things are easy to find at reasonable prices so I'm more interested in unique settings and cakes shaped like mjolnir.

LSLS

Slinky is weird in that it is generally themed poorly and all critiques about it are right, but it has rave reviews with any person you ever talk to.

I’ll talk to lawyers and other professionals about their Disney trip and they’ll glow about “the Slinky ride.”
Slinky benefits from the same thing Cosmic Rewind does. At the end of the day, it's a fun roller coaster, no matter how much or how little theming there is. Could the theming make it even better? Sure, but it's still a fun ride.

aladdin2007

which still surprises me... Sci Fi must only sell out because of the cars and the atmosphere... the menu there is bad
the food is horrible too....its the ambience your paying for. the rest a ripoff, I dont know how they keep getting away with that. I guess the ambience is just that good and fun, I love it too but the rest is really inexcusable.

doctornick

redo/relocate sci fi to TL and put entrance between COP and Star Tours building with People Mover getting a peek inside

Why are people still mentioing SciFi? It doesn't sound like the Monsters addition should affect anything on that side of Grand Ave. Harryhausens seems like it will be a replacement for Mama Melrose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom